Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G Phonesmoto g power
All Forum Topics
Options

7316 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3457 Signins

89096 Page Views

• Views: 89096
  • Message 51 of 88

Re:Security Patch

2021-08-06, 14:36 PM

Hello all, no one is being vague or misleading. There was a delay with the Android 11 update on Google Fi. Partially due to the escalation from our Moto team here in the community, we were able to get the Android 11 update pushed out. In tandem, we've been escalating the security patch level as well. We had to get the Android 11 update pushed out first and now we're working on getting the next security update pushed out. I don't have the timing, but we're going to keep escalating it until it starts rolling out to you.

I apologize for the issues and delays.

Thanks,

Tom 

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

13 Posts

07-01-2021

United States of America

14 Signins

65 Page Views

• Views: 65
  • Message 52 of 88

2021-08-06, 14:54 PM

@ MotorolaTom wrote:

Hello all, no one is being vague or misleading. There was a delay with the Android 11 update on Google Fi. Partially due to the escalation from our Moto team here in the community, we were able to get the Android 11 update pushed out. In tandem, we've been escalating the security patch level as well. We had to get the Android 11 update pushed out first and now we're working on getting the next security update pushed out. I don't have the timing, but we're going to keep escalating it until it starts rolling out to you.

I apologize for the issues and delays.

Thanks,

Tom 

Thanks Tom -- many of us have been very frustrated because of the delay and I'm glad our voices here and the admins of this forum have helped get the Fi A11 release more focus.

With that said, do you know why Google Fi is such a low priority with Motorola?  Can we expect to have to start using our voices each time we want an update in the future?  Maybe if we knew more about where in the pecking order Google Fi updates are compared to the rest of the rollouts (A11 has been out for months now on other carriers) we can better educate ourselves on what to expect, and maybe even change carriers if we know that level of priority for Fi.

As I mentioned earlier, this whole sage has seriously made me consider whether my next phone will be Motorola, after holding the X4, the Z Droid Play, and now the G Power.  Will there be a 4th Motorola in my future?  The way this particular story ends will make the decision for me.   And possibly being a customer of Google Fi, too.

Options

51 Posts

03-26-2018

United States of America

104 Signins

820 Page Views

• Views: 820
  • Message 53 of 88

2021-08-06, 22:39 PM

No, it's a Tracfone G Power (2020) version. 

Options

18 Posts

04-29-2015

United States of America

18 Signins

70 Page Views

• Views: 70
  • Message 54 of 88

2021-08-06, 23:25 PM

@MotorolaTom, Thanks for jumping in here (finally), but even your (very defensive) response is still vague: "I don't have the timing."  

I BOUGHT A PHONE A FEW MONTHS AGO AND IT IS TOO UNSECURE TO GET WORK EMAILS AND CALENDARS BECAUSE IT IS SIX MONTHS BEHIND IN SECURITY UPDATES.

Anything short of "it is done now," or "it will be done no later than [mm/dd/yyyy]" is simply not acceptable at this point.

I also need some sort of guarantee that after Motorola gets us up to date, we won't be abandoned again for another six months.  I need monthly security updates, even if they lag a month or two behind first releases.  Otherwise, I really have to ask that Motorola send me a refund so I can replace this poorly supported (otherwise quite nice!) phone with a reliably supported Pixel phone.

Options

51 Posts

03-26-2018

United States of America

104 Signins

820 Page Views

• Message 55 of 88

2021-08-07, 1:42 AM
It's a Tracfone branded Moto G power (2020)
Options

18 Posts

04-29-2015

United States of America

18 Signins

70 Page Views

• Views: 70
  • Message 56 of 88

2021-08-11, 21:03 PM

How long is the warranty on this phone?  Can I get a full refund under the warranty for Motorola's failure to provide necessary and reasonably expected security updates?

I've read Pixel phones are very reliable in OS and Sec-Patch updates.

Options

10 Posts

07-09-2021

United States of America

15 Signins

55 Page Views

• Views: 55
  • Message 57 of 88

2021-08-11, 21:52 PM

Count me in!

Still with Security patch Feb 2021, my work profile useless.

Options

57 Posts

09-06-2016

United States of America

95 Signins

811 Page Views

• Views: 811
  • Message 58 of 88

2021-08-11, 22:34 PM

Folks,

I've had 2 Motorola phones. A G4 (a complete disaster) and a MotoGPower (2020 version) - somewhat better phone technically, but tech support is just as much of a disaster now as it was with the G4. Some things never change. 

I got both my wife and I each a MotoGPower at the same time. Both bought direct from Consumer Cellular for $150 each. Cheap phone. Dismal, pathetic support here on the forums. The same crap I ran into with the G4. Scripted, meaningless answers to questions that yield no actual results. Meaningless drivel that kicks the can down the road and does nothing. 

Here's my take on Motorola as a company, after owning 2 of their phones: They don't give a sh1t about their customers. They simply don't care. We can post, and complain and yell and do whatever in these forums. It. won't. matter. They simply do not care. They've got your money for their cheap, low bid phone - and they're done. And so am I. I will NEVER own another Motorola phone again. 

I had to get on the phone with Motorola "tech support" and have a very "spirited" discussion in order to get the A11 update. I shouldn't have had to do that, but it worked. So now, I do have Android 11, but it's back at a Feb 2021 security patch level. (HINT Motorola....it's now AUGUST 2021) Pathetic. I'm already looking for my next phone. In between the G4 and MotoGPower I had a Huawei phone and it was great. Customer service was outstanding and responsive. And I'd still have a Huawei phone to this day, but the mess with the government took that option off the table. 

So the research into the next phone begins again. 

At least I won't have to waste any time researching Motorola phones.

Never again. 

I. AM. DONE.

Options

13 Posts

07-01-2021

United States of America

14 Signins

65 Page Views

• Views: 65
  • Message 59 of 88

2021-08-12, 14:46 PM

This morning, Aug 12th, I was notified that the June 2021 security patch level was ready to install on my Google Fi G Power.  I'm not sure what time it happened over the evening as I have it set to download wifi only and had turned wifi off.

So now I'm at RPMS31.Q1-54-13.3-3, or rather going through the long install after downloading.  Assume it will go okay as it's already on other devices and working.

--E

Options

51 Posts

03-26-2018

United States of America

104 Signins

820 Page Views

• Message 60 of 88

2021-08-12, 19:42 PM

@ billbled wrote:

Folks,

I've had 2 Motorola phones. A G4 (a complete disaster) and a MotoGPower (2020 version) - somewhat better phone technically, but tech support is just as much of a disaster now as it was with the G4. Some things never change. 

I got both my wife and I each a MotoGPower at the same time. Both bought direct from Consumer Cellular for $150 each. Cheap phone. Dismal, pathetic support here on the forums. The same crap I ran into with the G4. Scripted, meaningless answers to questions that yield no actual results. Meaningless drivel that kicks the can down the road and does nothing. 

Here's my take on Motorola as a company, after owning 2 of their phones: They don't give a sh1t about their customers. They simply don't care. We can post, and complain and yell and do whatever in these forums. It. won't. matter. They simply do not care. They've got your money for their cheap, low bid phone - and they're done. And so am I. I will NEVER own another Motorola phone again. 

I had to get on the phone with Motorola "tech support" and have a very "spirited" discussion in order to get the A11 update. I shouldn't have had to do that, but it worked. So now, I do have Android 11, but it's back at a Feb 2021 security patch level. (HINT Motorola....it's now AUGUST 2021) Pathetic. I'm already looking for my next phone. In between the G4 and MotoGPower I had a Huawei phone and it was great. Customer service was outstanding and responsive. And I'd still have a Huawei phone to this day, but the mess with the government took that option off the table. 

So the research into the next phone begins again. 

At least I won't have to waste any time researching Motorola phones.

Never again. 

I. AM. DONE.

Those are the exact type of comments I hope for from Motorola users. It makes buying Motorola phones for me less expensive. Keep the hate for Motorola products up. Go buy yourself a flagship phone from another vendor. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms