Motorola Community

Moto G Phonesmoto g power
All Forum Topics
Options

5 Posts

10-17-2020

US

5 Signins

20 Page Views

  • Posts: 5
  • Registered: ‎10-17-2020
  • Location: US
  • Views: 20
  • Message 1 of 9

Sync Ringtones to Bluetooth

2020-10-17, 17:42 PM

How can I get ringtones to my Aftershokz Aeropex Bluetooth headset?  With Samsung, this setting is, "Phone Ringtone Sync."  I can't find that option on my Moto G Power.  

Reply
Options

145 Posts

08-06-2019

US

229 Signins

2194 Page Views

  • Posts: 145
  • Registered: ‎08-06-2019
  • Location: US
  • Views: 2194
  • Message 2 of 9

Re:Sync Ringtones to Bluetooth

2020-10-17, 19:34 PM

Unfortunately the "Phone Ringtone Sync" is an exclusive Samsung feature. It is not available on Motorola devices. As far as hearing customized ringtones on your Bluetooth headset, limitations may have been put into place by the manufacturer of the headset. Some Bluetooth headsets will only allow a Default Ringtone while others will allow Customized Ringtones. Since Android Oreo, the ability to hear Customized Ringtones through your headset is a feature baked into Android OS. According to XDA,

 

"Before the official release of Android 8.0 Oreo, we learned that Google was finally going to be adding a feature that many people had asked for: Bluetooth in-band ringtone support. This is actually a feature that is part of the Bluetooth Hands-Free Pro and its entire purpose is to let your phone send its custom ringtone to the connected Bluetooth device. Once enabled, you no longer had to hear the default noise your Bluetooth device made when you had an incoming phone call. This is something that a lot of people enjoyed and they were happy to see Android had a toggle that gave the user a preference. In Android Pie, Bluetooth in-band ringtones are now enabled by default on all supported devices and can no longer be turned off by the user in Developer Options."

 

Here are two solutions that may work for you.

 

1) Go to the Play Store and see if there's a companion app for your Aftershokz Aeropex Bluetooth headset. Check the Settings of the companion app to see if it has a Ringtone feature. 

 

OR

 

2) Go to Settings>Connected Devices Bluetooth on your Moto device

     Click on the cog wheel next to Aftershokz Aeropex Bluetooth headset

     Enable or toggle ON the following: Phone Calls, Media Audio & Contact Sharing. Reboot phone.

Reply
Options

5 Posts

10-17-2020

US

5 Signins

20 Page Views

  • Posts: 5
  • Registered: ‎10-17-2020
  • Location: US
  • Views: 20
  • Message 3 of 9

Re:Sync Ringtones to Bluetooth

2020-10-17, 20:57 PM

@ Presto8 wrote:
 

 

Unfortunately the "Phone Ringtone Sync" is an exclusive Samsung feature. It is not available on Motorola devices. As far as hearing customized ringtones on your Bluetooth headset, limitations may have been put into place by the manufacturer of the headset. Some Bluetooth headsets will only allow a Default Ringtone while others will allow Customized Ringtones. Since Android Oreo, the ability to hear Customized Ringtones through your headset is a feature baked into Android OS. According to XDA,

 

"Before the official release of Android 8.0 Oreo, we learned that Google was finally going to be adding a feature that many people had asked for: Bluetooth in-band ringtone support. This is actually a feature that is part of the Bluetooth Hands-Free Pro and its entire purpose is to let your phone send its custom ringtone to the connected Bluetooth device. Once enabled, you no longer had to hear the default noise your Bluetooth device made when you had an incoming phone call. This is something that a lot of people enjoyed and they were happy to see Android had a toggle that gave the user a preference. In Android Pie, Bluetooth in-band ringtones are now enabled by default on all supported devices and can no longer be turned off by the user in Developer Options."

 

Here are two solutions that may work for you.

 

1) Go to the Play Store and see if there's a companion app for your Aftershokz Aeropex Bluetooth headset. Check the Settings of the companion app to see if it has a Ringtone feature. 

 

OR

 

2) Go to Settings>Connected Devices Bluetooth on your Moto device

     Click on the cog wheel next to Aftershokz Aeropex Bluetooth headset

     Enable or toggle ON the following: Phone Calls, Media Audio & Contact Sharing. Reboot phone.

 

 

 

So, the problem is that Motorola blocked access to software enhancements in the basic operating system?  If so, couldn't a Motorola/Lenovo update fix it?  As for solutions, I can't find an app that will work around this issue, and number 2 was already done.  The only solution that I can see is an update from Motorola/Lenovo. 

 

Reply
Options

753 Posts

08-15-2020

GB

286 Signins

7410 Page Views

  • Posts: 753
  • Registered: ‎08-15-2020
  • Location: GB
  • Views: 7410
  • Message 4 of 9

Re:Sync Ringtones to Bluetooth

2020-10-17, 22:34 PM

@Presto8 - good response. It is indeed a Samsung specific option.

■ I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position. ■ Please search the forum before posting. I do not respond to unsolicited PMs ■ Site Rules: https://tinyurl.com/yxlqjnal ■ Site Advice: https://tinyurl.com/yxchoq72 ■ If you post a question and no-one answers it does not mean no-one is thinking about it ■
Reply
Options

5 Posts

10-17-2020

US

5 Signins

20 Page Views

  • Posts: 5
  • Registered: ‎10-17-2020
  • Location: US
  • Views: 20
  • Message 5 of 9

Re:Sync Ringtones to Bluetooth

2020-10-18, 4:01 AM

@ Cuddly wrote:
 

 

@Presto8 - good response. It is indeed a Samsung specific option.

 

 

If it is embedded into the Android OS, it would appear to me that it is an option that would have to be killed in the firmware.  If so, it would seem to me that it could be made available in a firmware update.  Do you know if there is a reason that Motorola/Lenovo made the decision to keep it from the consumer?

 

Reply
Options

363 Posts

10-12-2012

US

870 Signins

21518 Page Views

  • Posts: 363
  • Registered: ‎10-12-2012
  • Location: US
  • Views: 21518
  • Message 6 of 9

Re:Sync Ringtones to Bluetooth

2020-10-19, 4:39 AM

The fact remains that the feature itself is a proprietary Samsung exclusive, not available on phones from any other Android makers.  What IS supported within the Bluetooth signalling protocol as the new default in the recent update is that ONLY the custom ringtone can be sent to the headset. It's no longer switchable between standard and custom ringtone. 

Reply
Options

5 Posts

10-17-2020

US

5 Signins

20 Page Views

  • Posts: 5
  • Registered: ‎10-17-2020
  • Location: US
  • Views: 20
  • Message 7 of 9

Re:Sync Ringtones to Bluetooth

2020-10-19, 18:22 PM
I'm confused. How can this feature be an exclusive, proprietary Samsung feature, AND be "baked into Android OS."? I am also confused by: "What IS supported within the Bluetooth signalling protocol as the new default in the recent update is that ONLY the custom ringtone can be sent to the headset. It's no longer switchable between standard and custom ringtone." If my Moto G Power supported this feature, I should be hearing my ringtone and not the generic one.
Reply
Options

363 Posts

10-12-2012

US

870 Signins

21518 Page Views

  • Posts: 363
  • Registered: ‎10-12-2012
  • Location: US
  • Views: 21518
  • Message 8 of 9

Re:Sync Ringtones to Bluetooth

2020-10-20, 4:45 AM

Go back again and read what @Presto8 wrote after your original complaint.  He explained very well that your existing headset may not have software updated to support ringtone switching, and the app you are currently using may need to be updated to a version released after Oreo, or replaced completely.  

Reply
Options

5 Posts

10-17-2020

US

5 Signins

20 Page Views

  • Posts: 5
  • Registered: ‎10-17-2020
  • Location: US
  • Views: 20
  • Message 9 of 9

Re:Sync Ringtones to Bluetooth

2020-10-20, 12:59 PM

@ KarlBeckman wrote:
 

 

Go back again and read what @Presto8 wrote after your original complaint.  He explained very well that your existing headset may not have software updated to support ringtone switching, and the app you are currently using may need to be updated to a version released after Oreo, or replaced completely.  

 

We are having communication problems.  It seems the more explanations and suggestions I get, the more confused I get.  The first response seemed to tell me that Motorola did not support sending ringtones via bluetooth and it was only supported by Samsung.  In the same explanation, I was told my headset may not support personal ringtones.  You seemed to be telling me this function was only supported by Samsung.  As for the problem being something in the headset, my headset accepts personal ringtones just fine from my wife's Samsung phone, so the headset is not the problem.  Is there a way to get the Motorola/Lenovo developers to implement an update to turn this function on, or can someone explain if there are hardware issues that do not allow my ringtones to leave my Moto G Power through the bluetooth function?

Reply
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete