Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G Phonesmoto g power
All Forum Topics
Options

6 Posts

03-02-2021

United States of America

2 Signins

40 Page Views

• Views: 40
  • Message 1 of 12

Trouble connecting to public wifi

2021-03-02, 19:58 PM

Hey all, I've been having an issue the past few days where I can't connect my Moto G Power to my workplace public wifi. I've had no trouble the past year or so until the last few days. 

I have pretty much exhausted all options to connect and it won't work. It always says "saved" and then a minute later " disabled" on the network page.  I have tried hard reboots, starting in safe mode, forgetting the network, resetting network options, updating android web view, clearing caches etc. I think the issue is the public login page that is suppose to trigger when connecting to the wifi. It isn't showing up.

Any ideas ? Thanks

Any ideas 

Options

6 Posts

03-02-2021

United States of America

2 Signins

40 Page Views

• Message 2 of 12

Re:Trouble connecting to public wifi

2021-03-02, 19:59 PM

Sorry forgot to add that resetting the router isn't really an option, I know they won't do it for me and I can't access it myself

Options

4400 Posts

03-11-2019

United States of America

773 Signins

61455 Page Views

• Views: 61455
  • Message 3 of 12

2021-03-02, 21:08 PM

Hi Shannarl,

Thanks for posting your concern here and we would like to help. Try resetting your network settings by going to Settings > System > Reset Options > Reset Wi-Fi, Mobile & Bluetooth. Then reboot your phone. Please do note that it would also delete your other Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connections. 

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the Thumbs up icon on the bottom right thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

340 Posts

08-06-2019

United States of America

1081 Signins

5564 Page Views

• Views: 5564
  • Message 4 of 12

2021-03-02, 22:15 PM

Other than your Moto G Power, have you tried using another device to connect to your workplace Wifi? This can help you determine whether the problem is strictly related to your phone or your employer's Wifi network. Are other employees experiencing this problem? If your Moto G Power is able to connect to other Wifi networks away from work(home, public library, college campus, coffee shop, airport) then this sounds like a workplace network issue. Please contact your company's IT Administrator for further assistance.

Options

6 Posts

03-02-2021

United States of America

2 Signins

40 Page Views

• Message 5 of 12

2021-03-02, 22:43 PM

Thanks  for responding agent zeke, I've tried that several times and it hasn't worked yet.

Options

4400 Posts

03-11-2019

United States of America

773 Signins

61455 Page Views

• Message 6 of 12

2021-03-03, 14:53 PM

@ Shannarl wrote:

Thanks  for responding agent zeke, I' tried that several times and it hasn' worked yet.

Are you encountering this on other public Wi-Fi that requires a login? Are you able to provide us the make and model of the router? We would also request a bug report with Wi-Fi verbose enabled. 

Generating Bug Report with Wi-Fi Verbose Steps:
1. Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number 7 times on the build number to go into the developer options mode]
2. After the above steps Developer options will be enabled.
3. Go to Settings -> System -> Advanced -> Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On
4. Enable Settings -> System -> Advanced -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
5. Enable Settings -> System -> Advanced -> Developer options -> Enable Wi-Fi Verbose > Toggle On
6. Once the issue is reproduced, Go to Settings -> System -> Advanced -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.
7. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
8. Then upload the Bug Report to your personal Google Drive
9. Open the File Manager app on your phone and tap on Local on the top right. Browse to internal.
10. Share the link to the Bug Report via a private message.
11. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the time that you observed the behavior in local time.
12. One completed to Settings-> Developer options -> Enable Wi-Fi Verbose > Toggle Off 

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the Thumbs up icon on the bottom right thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

6 Posts

03-02-2021

United States of America

2 Signins

40 Page Views

• Message 7 of 12

2021-03-03, 15:07 PM

I haven't been able to try another device of my own yet, but other android users at my work are still able to connect. It must be something with my Moto G power

Options

6 Posts

03-02-2021

United States of America

2 Signins

40 Page Views

• Message 8 of 12

2021-03-03, 15:33 PM

I tried to private message you the bug report agent zeke, hopefully I did it right 

Also when I turned on developer options, I noticed when trying to connect it says stuff like " avoiding connection to open work" "confidence 0%" and " avoiding ping-pong of open network". 

Also when going to WiFi and the network selection screen, under the network name it says this line at the end "NETWORK_SELECTION_DISABLED_ASSOCIATION_REJECTION=2"

Options

4400 Posts

03-11-2019

United States of America

773 Signins

61455 Page Views

• Message 9 of 12

2021-03-03, 15:42 PM

@ Shannarl wrote:

I tried to private message you the bug report agent zeke, hopefully I did it right 

Also when I turned on developer options, I noticed when trying to connect it says stuff like " avoiding connection to open work" "confidence 0%" and " avoiding ping-pong of open network". 

Also when going to WiFi and the network selection screen, under the network name it says this line at the end "NETWORK_SELECTION_DISABLED_ASSOCIATION_REJECTION=2"

Thank you for sending the bug report. We will have it escalated to our team for further investigation. We also do need the make and model of the router. 

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Options

6 Posts

03-02-2021

United States of America

2 Signins

40 Page Views

• Message 10 of 12

2021-03-03, 16:52 PM

I'm sorry, I don't have physical access to the router, is there anyway I can find out the make and model wirelessly?

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms