Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G Phonesmoto g power
All Forum Topics
Options

2999 Posts

04-04-2018

India

404 Signins

27725 Page Views

• Views: 27725
  • Message 11 of 20

Re:Where are the updates Moto G Power?

2020-10-28, 8:12 AM

@ D1g1tals wrote:

The speakerphone appears to be a known issue. Another family member that has a G Power has confirmed the speakerphone clarity issue with people unable to hear users of Moto G Power when the G Power is on speakerphone. We need 2 fixes Moto/Lenovo... 1.Speakerphone issue - drops in sound clarity for other party when Moto G Power is on speakerphone. 2. Full screen option in display settings. 

Thanks for reporting this! We have already escalated both the issues with our concerned team and they are working on it.

Once I get an update from them, I will get back to you.

Regards,

Suman

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

26 Posts

07-15-2017

United States of America

197 Signins

678 Page Views

• Views: 678
  • Message 12 of 20

2020-11-25, 14:08 PM

This is probably going to be my last Moto phone. The software support by Lenovo is just terrible. I almost think there is no actual software support team for Moto/Lenovo. Full screen issue identified with the Moto G Power back in April and it's now November. Nothing has been done. I've had had almost every phone since the G5 Plus and have had software issues with every phone. G5 Plus went crazy after Android version update. G7 Plus apps glitch after Android version update. G Power no fullscreen option and terrible speakerphone reception. Although other G Fast has a fullscreen option? Moto makes too many phones to properly support the software. Make less phones and have better support. The value proposition is not there anymore to have to deal with lack of phone support. I would rather spend more money and have the support. I think I'm going with Pixel now. Moto just churns turds.

Options

6 Posts

11-17-2020

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

7 Signins

115 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 115
  • Message 13 of 20

2020-11-30, 22:03 PM

Hi mate even I hate Motorola software update policy to me it is disappointing. They only guarantee 1 major os that terrible and I hope they change this very soon because Lenovo/Moto don't care about software

Options

26 Posts

07-15-2017

United States of America

197 Signins

678 Page Views

• Views: 678
  • Message 14 of 20

2021-02-24, 14:12 PM

Well, I have officially given up on the Moto G Power 2020 model. The 2021 model almost seems like a step backwards, seems like a waste. The fullscreen option in display settings was never updated and speaker phone issue never was addressed, really no surprise here. Lazy programming by Lenovo/Motorola. Too many phones to support! My G7 Power has fullscreen option and using the original gesture bar for navigation eliminated the screen glitching in Pokemon Go. The updated Android 10 navigation bar caused the glitching, so I reverted back to the original gesture bar. I'm onto better things now with the One 5G UW on Verizon. It shipped with 5G sim pre-installed. I just went to myVerizon online account and activated on an existing line with no problems. This phone has a fullscreen option in the display settings! No more speaker phone clarify issues! The price was too good to pass up as this phone's specs will be hard to match. So far I'm really impressed with the One 5G UW.

Options

4519 Posts

03-11-2019

United States of America

782 Signins

62255 Page Views

• Views: 62255
  • Message 15 of 20

2021-02-26, 21:17 PM

Hello Everyone,

I apologize it's taking too long. We will have improvements coming to address the fullscreen functionality. Ensure you have your IMEI on your profile and I'll cross check if you haven't receive the update or if it's still coming in the future.

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the Thumbs up icon on the bottom right thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

57 Posts

01-05-2021

United States of America

64 Signins

480 Page Views

• Views: 480
  • Message 16 of 20

2021-03-12, 20:49 PM

I don't see anywhere to put my IMEI on my profile, where would that be?

Options

3657 Posts

03-04-2016

India

1238 Signins

59105 Page Views

• Views: 59105
  • Message 17 of 20

2021-03-15, 5:25 AM

@ SaxFlutman wrote:

I don' see anywhere to put my IMEI on my profile, where would that be?

Hi,

Need help updating your profile? See here

Thanks

Sandip

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!

Options

57 Posts

01-05-2021

United States of America

64 Signins

480 Page Views

• Message 18 of 20

2021-03-22, 22:58 PM

Thanks for the info. I saw that my IMEI is already entered, but I was able to register my older G4 phone as well, although I know it'll be getting no further updates.

So how can I get some idea as to when the Android 11 update might be happening?  Thanks

Options

3657 Posts

03-04-2016

India

1238 Signins

59105 Page Views

• Views: 59105
  • Message 19 of 20

2021-03-23, 3:52 AM

@ SaxFlutman wrote:

Thanks for the info. I saw that my IMEI is already entered, but I was able to register my older G4 phone as well, although I know it' be getting no further updates.

So how can I get some idea as to when the Android 11 update might be happening?  Thanks

Hi, 

We don't provide release dates, we share upgrade plans and more specific timing and keep everyone posted on our software upgrade page: http://bit.ly/1LN8UMp

Regards

Sandip

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!

Options

57 Posts

01-05-2021

United States of America

64 Signins

480 Page Views

• Message 20 of 20

2021-03-24, 14:43 PM

OK, I went to the upgrade page, which still makes it very confusing for we G Power owners who bought them on Amazon. If I put that in, it won't show my phone's model, but only when I click on the "Other Carrier or Retail", even though the site asks for where we bought it, not what carrier are we using. I thought perhaps this might've been fixed, so as not to be so ambiguous, and cause many to get the wrong information.

Also, I'm experiencing a quite annoying issue with my phone constantly locking on its own, saying that I "voluntarily locked it", which I didn't, since there is lock icon I can see to do so, even if I wanted to. I posted my question, but no one has provided any info as to how I can get it to stop.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms