07-08-2020

US

6 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 1 of 6

Why hasn't HID been implemented into the software updates

2020-07-08, 18:03 PM

I Have a moto g power that is fully up to date on system updates running android 10 (current version : QPMS30.80-51-3) and the bluetooth isn't HID compliant. Pretty much apps such as joy con droid that would allow me to connect to my nintendo switch and control it from my phone via bluetooth do not work. The feature is supposed to have been implemented since android 9.0 yet you guys have not done so. Many people across multiple phones have noticed that you guys have not done so (and i also confirmed with an app that checks the HID compatibility that it is indeed not installed). When can we expect an update for this? If i didn't care about this feature i wouldn't have bought a new generation phone. I have already talked to customer service and they blew me off and told me to come here. I am frustrated. 

Options

1997 Posts

03-11-2019

US

592 Signins

42320 Page Views

• Views: 42320
  • Message 2 of 6

Re:Why hasn't HID been implemented into the software updates

2020-07-10, 15:35 PM

Hi Sebs215,

Thanks for posting your concern. HID is not supported for our devices due since it is not part of the design and limitations. We appreciate your feedback but we cannot guarantee if this will be included in future updates.

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

7 Posts

07-08-2020

US

6 Signins

25 Page Views

• Message 3 of 6

2020-07-10, 15:51 PM
It is a software update and is supposed to be in any Android 9.0+ phone. It's not supposed to be a choice whether or not you include it, it is simply supposed to be there.
Options

7 Posts

07-08-2020

US

6 Signins

25 Page Views

• Message 4 of 6

2020-07-10, 15:58 PM
https://www.reddit.com/r/Android/comments/cei38r/some_android_manufacturers_still_dont_have/?utm_source=xpromo&utm_medium=amp&utm_name=amp_comment_iterations&utm_term=active&utm_content=post_body
Options

1997 Posts

03-11-2019

US

592 Signins

42320 Page Views

• Views: 42320
  • Message 5 of 6

2020-07-14, 17:56 PM

Hi Sebs215,

We support HID host profile but don't support HID device profile. Which means we support to act as a receiver and is waiting for input from another HID device which act as a input end. So we should support to connect the Nintendo switch as it is a HID device and act as input end.

If you are having problems with connecting to the Nintendo switch, please send us a bug report. You will need to have access to developer settings generate a bug report.

To enable developer options: 
1. Go to Settings > About phone > Build number 
2. Tap Build number seven times. After the first few taps, you should see the steps counting down until you unlock the developer options. Once activated, you will see a message that reads, “You are now a developer!”
3. Go back to Settings, where you’ll find a Developer options entry in the menu

BUG REPORT FOR NORMAL ISSUE:

1. Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On
  2. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
  3. Once the issue is reproduced: Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power-down menu
  4. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
  5. Then upload the Bug Report to your personal Google Drive and then share the link of the Bug Report via Private Message.
  6. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the local time when you observed the behavior.

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

7 Posts

07-08-2020

US

6 Signins

25 Page Views

• Message 6 of 6

2020-07-14, 18:08 PM
I should be able to use apps such as joy con droid to control my switch. Which is the main reason I'm here. I was excited to use this feature when purchasing my phone and now I'm disappointed to find out that for some reason it is not part of the software although it should be.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete