06-30-2020

US

1 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 1 of 1

simultaneous OTG + Charge, Moto G Power XT2041-4

2020-06-30, 18:22 PM

Hi-  I have an XT2041-4 Moto G Power smartphone and an Aukey CB-C71 USB-C hub.  I want to simultaneously charge the phone while the phone accesses files from an SD card plugged into the hub.

I changed the phone's Default USB configuration from No Data Transfer to File Transfer, but it didn't help.

If I connect a charger first to the hub, then connect the hub to the phone, the phone charges its battery, but cannot see the files on the SD card.

If I connect the hub first to the phone, then connect the charger to the hub, the phone can see the files on the SD card, but doesn't charge the battery.

A couple of weeks ago I asked motorola.com whether the phone could support simultaneous OTG + charging (hereinafter called OTG+CHARGE), and was told it could.  Is this correct, or does the phone's ROM firmware lack the smarts required to handle OTG+CHARGE?

If the phone's firmware can handle OTG+CHARGE, what battery charging standards does it use?  PD?  QuickCharge?

And finally, does anyone know of any hubs that work with this phone to provide OTG+CHARGE?

Thanks, dlm.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete