Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G Phonesmoto g stylus (2021)
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

02-13-2021

Austria

5 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 1 of 12

After upgrade of Moto G Stylus no mobile internet

2021-02-13, 21:56 PM

Hi everybody!

I got Android 11 two days ago, and since then, I have no mobile internet connection. Internet over WiFi is fine. Phone calls over may provider work normally, the SIM unlocks with the usual code, I can select the mobile network, it connects, everything looks ok, but still ... no mobile internet.

I did the usual things:

• turn mobile data off/on
  • reboot the device
  • shut the device down, start it
  • reset network settings
  • factory reset

Well, even after the factory reset (which in fact was to Android 11 again), the behavior is the same. No mobile data. No indication of an error anywhere in the settings.

Any idea anybody? I can't be the only one with that problem, can I?

In case it matters: the region is Austria, the systemn language is German, the Provider is HoT, a reseller of T-Mobile/Magenta

Options

3876 Posts

03-11-2019

United States of America

742 Signins

57885 Page Views

• Views: 57885
  • Message 2 of 12

Re:After upgrade of Moto G Stylus no mobile internet

2021-02-15, 19:35 PM

Hi amanessinger,

Thanks for reaching out to us with your concern. Have you reported this to your carrier too? Please fill out this form so we can check on this. Please update your profile with current phone, carrier and IMEI -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the Thumbs up icon on the bottom right thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

3 Posts

02-13-2021

Austria

5 Signins

25 Page Views

• Message 3 of 12

2021-02-16, 8:05 AM

Thanks but nope. Too late. Bought a Samsung yesterday. I need mobile data and have no time to wait for a patch. I'll try updating in two months, and if it works then, I'll sell the Moto on. Actually I pretty much liked it.

Andreas

Options

13492 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1277 Signins

173335 Page Views

• Views: 173335
  • Message 4 of 12

2021-02-16, 15:43 PM

Hi Andreas,

Thank you for updating us. Should you need help in the future, please do not hesitate to post. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Click the thumbs up button to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

10 Posts

05-03-2021

Canada

8 Signins

25 Page Views

• Message 5 of 12

2021-05-03, 14:57 PM

I have the same issue - upgraded to Android 11 a few days ago and since then, no mobile internet (Saskatchewan, Canada). SIM card works in another phone so it's not the SIM. Carrier says phone is to blame since she checked all network settings were correct. How should I attempt to solve this? Return phone to Motorola (36 days old) for repair or replacement?

Options

13492 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1277 Signins

173335 Page Views

• Message 6 of 12

2021-05-03, 16:50 PM

Hi parklandpub

This is odd. Have you tried resetting APN settings? Settings > Network & internet > Mobile network > Advanced > Access Point Names > Tap 3 vertical dots > Reset to default. Also, try resetting network settings Settings > System > Advanced > Reset options > Reset mobile, bluetooth, wifi. Once done, reboot the phone. See if that helps. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Click the thumbs up button to thank them with a Kudo!

Options

10 Posts

05-03-2021

Canada

8 Signins

25 Page Views

• Message 7 of 12

2021-05-03, 17:23 PM

Thanks. Yes I tried those options yesterday and again just now. Phone wants to connect to mobility data but can't. Will factory reset help? Can I go back to android 10 when everything was working? If so where do I get it?

Options

3 Posts

02-13-2021

Austria

5 Signins

25 Page Views

• Message 8 of 12

2021-05-04, 6:54 AM

No, factory reset won't help. I did that.

I'm the original starter of this thread. By chance, yesterday I tried to upgrade the phone. What I got was sec level March 1, so that's well beyond the initial release of Android 11 on this phone. Didn't help either.

I think that's a very unfortunate situation. The phone was not expensive, but certainly not cheap either. Definitely too expensive for something that you can't even sell on. I really expect a timely solution.

Options

13492 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1277 Signins

173335 Page Views

• Message 9 of 12

2021-05-04, 13:57 PM

Hi,

Can you both please update your forum profile with the current IMEI or Serial number from your device and let us know if we can look at some things from our end as well. See here for the instruction. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Privacy > Motorola Privacy. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Options

10 Posts

05-03-2021

Canada

8 Signins

25 Page Views

• Message 10 of 12

2021-05-04, 14:15 PM
My Moto G Stylus is on its way back to the repair depot in Ontario, Canada since it's only 5 weeks old. Motorola authorized the return and repair yesterday after I tried everything I could to restore mobile data including 2 factory resets which did not help. I did not install any apps when I did the reset other than the native apps required (google and their suite of apps), and the result was still no mobile data.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms