Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G Phonesmoto g stylus (2021)
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

07-21-2021

United States of America

7 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 1 of 9

Moto G Stylus (2021) Headset Audio Issue

2021-07-21, 3:20 AM

Hi, I'm having an issue with audio on my Moto G Stylus (2021).

So, I have a headset with a button that, when pressed, will start and stop audio. On my previous phone, (Moto G7 Play) there isn't a single issue with this button, and it works as intended. 

On my new phone, (Moto G Stylus (2021)) pressing the button on the headset has issues. Sometimes I'll press the button once and my input will be taken twice, annoyingly unpausing and repausing my media. Sometimes my input is delayed, or doesn't register at all. Sometimes, the audio will stop on the left headphone, and only continue on the right.

I believe the issue has to be the phone itself, as I can use the headset on my computer and previous phone (Moto G7 Play) without issue. If it helps, my MGS2021 Android 10, while my MG7P has Android 9.

If there is something I'm doing wrong, please let me know, I would like to play media on my Moto G Stylus (2021) without issue. Thanks.

~
Options

3792 Posts

10-05-2016

United States of America

578 Signins

46182 Page Views

• Views: 46182
  • Message 2 of 9

Re:Moto G Stylus (2021) Headset Audio Issue

2021-07-21, 16:19 PM

Hi HoppyShnell,

Sorry to see your headset is not working as expected with this phone. We'll try our best to help you. For us to further assist you, we'd like to know more details such as:

Have you tried using a different headset on this phone? 

Have you checked if it clicks when you plugged in the headset jack to the phone's port?

Have you tried unplugging and plugging back the headset?

Can you share your headset's make/model?

Let us know.

Regards,
Jess
Motorola Support

Options

4 Posts

07-21-2021

United States of America

7 Signins

25 Page Views

• Message 3 of 9

2021-07-21, 16:35 PM

Hi Agent_Jess,

I unfortunately do not have a second headset to try. I do hear a click when I insert the headphone jack into the phone, I also hear one in my headset.

Unplugging and plugging in the headset does not solve the problem, it will typically cause the right-audio issue though.

The headset I'm using is "Beats urBeats3" earbuds. I have been using them for months with no issue on my previous phone. (Moto G7 Play)

I hope that's enough information.

~
Options

3792 Posts

10-05-2016

United States of America

578 Signins

46182 Page Views

• Message 4 of 9

2021-07-22, 17:06 PM

Hi HoppyShnell

Thanks for that information you provided. Does it happen to all music apps you tried? Have you tried putting it into Safe mode and see if it has the same thing? If not, try it and observe:

To Enable Safe Mode
1. Press and hold the Power button until Power off comes up on the screen.
2. Touch and HOLD Power off on the screen until reboot to safe mode appears.
Just turn off and on the phone to boot back to normal mode.

Please note that this won't delete any data on your device. It will allow you to run the device without third party apps. Let us know your findings.

Regards,
Jess
Motorola Support

Options

4 Posts

07-21-2021

United States of America

7 Signins

25 Page Views

• Message 5 of 9

2021-07-22, 18:05 PM

Hi Agent_Jess,

Thank you for the tips. I have tried playing music in 4 different apps: AIMP, PowerAmp, PowerAudio, and Google Drive; all 4 give the same result.

I did try going into Safe Mode, but the issue persists there as well. (using Google Drive to play music)

Not sure what else to try...

~
Options

219 Posts

02-18-2019

United States of America

43 Signins

2824 Page Views

• Views: 2824
  • Message 6 of 9

2021-07-24, 8:40 AM

Hi @HoppyShnell ,

Thanks for trying it in Safe mode. The compatibility between the phone and the headset can be a factor. I understand that you do not have another headset to try, but do you know someone who might have one? 

Regards,
Mary
Motorola Support 

Did someone help you today? Press the Thumbs up icon on the bottom right thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

3792 Posts

10-05-2016

United States of America

578 Signins

46182 Page Views

• Message 7 of 9

2021-07-25, 22:43 PM

@ HoppyShnell wrote:

Hi Agent_Jess,

Thank you for the tips. I have tried playing music in 4 different apps: AIMP, PowerAmp, PowerAudio, and Google Drive; all 4 give the same result.

I did try going into Safe Mode, but the issue persists there as well. (using Google Drive to play music)

Not sure what else to try...

Hi @HoppyShnell 

Thanks for this information. We'd like to request for a bug report when you encounter this concern and we'll pass this along to our team to get hat analyzed.
1. Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number 7 times on the build number to go into the developer options mode]
2. After the above steps, Developer options will be enabled.
3. Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On
4. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
5. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Enable Bluetooth HCI snoop log > Toggle On
6. Once the issue is reproduced, Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.
7. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
8. Then upload the Bug Report to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the Bug Report on the forums in a reply or via a private message.
9. Provide observations of what you saw or happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the time that you observed the behavior in local time.

Thanks.

Regards,
Jess
Motorola Support

Options

4 Posts

07-21-2021

United States of America

7 Signins

25 Page Views

• Message 8 of 9

2021-07-29, 1:40 AM

Hi Agent_Jess,

Thank you for the help.

After following your instructions up to step 5, I reproduced the issue I've described and submitted the bug report.

I went to my music player and tried to use the headset button. The button on the headset would work fine for a bit, pausing and unpausing as it should, but it would eventually make the music pause and unpause randomly. The audio would change to only play in the right ear, then back to both ears. I would continue to have the same problems I've described before, where I cannot change the track or pause the music when I need to.

Hopefully I was able to reproduce the problem for the bug report. The link to it is here.

Thanks.

~
Options

3792 Posts

10-05-2016

United States of America

578 Signins

46182 Page Views

• Message 9 of 9

2021-07-29, 16:50 PM

@ HoppyShnell wrote:

Hi Agent_Jess,

Thank you for the help.

After following your instructions up to step 5, I reproduced the issue I've described and submitted the bug report.

I went to my music player and tried to use the headset button. The button on the headset would work fine for a bit, pausing and unpausing as it should, but it would eventually make the music pause and unpause randomly. The audio would change to only play in the right ear, then back to both ears. I would continue to have the same problems I've described before, where I cannot change the track or pause the music when I need to.

Hopefully I was able to reproduce the problem for the bug report. The link to it is here.

Thanks.

Thanks for these information you provided. We appreciate it. We'll pass this over to our Engineers to have it checked. Please bare with us as this is not a quick access, but we'll continue to work with our team regarding your concern. We'll back to you once we heard an update from them.

Thanks.

Regards,
Jess
Motorola Support

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms