Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G Phonesmoto g stylus (2021)
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

05-09-2021

United States of America

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 1 of 3

Moto G Stylus broke, very poor moto cares customer service, no replacement phone

2021-05-09, 3:04 AM

My G Stylus phone stopped working when the battery drained for the first time ever, and would not recharge and turn on afterwards.

Luckily I thought, I had extended my protection with "moto cares."

I contacted customer service and was eligible to either ship my phone for repairs for free, or pay 20.00 to receive a replacement phone.

I chose to repair my phone because I wanted to attempt to recover data on my phone.

I shipped my phone via FedEx using the shipping label provided by Motorola.

My device shipped 19 April and has been sitting in the FedEx warehouse in Indianapolis since 20 April.

When I called FedEx on April 28, I was instructed to contact Moto to resolve the issue.

The moto cares service team has done nothing to resolve my issue other than file a lost claim with FedEx.

The moto cares team told me I must wait for FedEx to accept a lost shipment claim, which has no expected date of resolution.

Until then I can expect to have no replacement phone.

When I asked the customer cares team what would happen if FedEx did not accept the claim, I was told I would have to file a police report.
At this point, it is starting to get absurd.

I am extremely unhappy and would not put faith in any Moto or Lenovo products going forward, not due to poor product quality, but due to the poorest of customer service.

I should not be held liable for a lost phone in transit when the shipment provider is part of the moto protection service plan. This is a service I paid for provided by your protection plan.

Your shipment contract should include insurance for lost devices. The customer should not be held liable.

I would like to receive a replacement phone which is covered by my plan in a reasonable amount of time which has certainly surpassed.

I requested to speak to a manager, “Matthew” employee 612779, and was told me he could not further help me and I must contact the CEO at this point or just continue to wait indefinitely. I sent an email to Sergio.Buniac@motorola.com but have no idea if that will help.

To me this all seems absurd and the poorest of customer service.

I would just like a replacement phone at this point.

I have also filed a claim with the BBB of Chicago & Northern Illinois.

Options

13963 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1297 Signins

176245 Page Views

• Views: 176245
  • Message 2 of 3

Re:Moto G Stylus broke, very poor moto cares customer service, no replacement phone

2021-05-09, 19:14 PM

Hi Bnnrose

Sorry to hear what happened. I appreciate you telling us this. We'll surely investigate this. Can you please send me a private message of your email address and your phone number? Just click on my profile and you will see an option to send a private message. Thanks. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Click the thumbs up button to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

336 Posts

08-30-2018

United States of America

836 Signins

17368 Page Views

• Views: 17368
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:Moto G Stylus broke, very poor moto cares customer service, no replacement phone

2021-05-10, 18:47 PM

Hello Bnnrose,

I was looking into your case further, it looks like our customer escalation team has been able to resolve your issue and is working on getting a phone to you. 

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance, or if you have any other concerns.

Best regards,

Becky

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms