Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G Phonesmoto g stylus (2021)
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

05-03-2021

United States of America

4 Signins

40 Page Views

• Views: 40
  • Message 1 of 6

Verizon Availability coming?

2021-05-03, 21:51 PM

I just posted a similar question on the 2020 board - before I discovered this one.  I recently fell into the trap with the stylus 2021 on sale at Best Buy. The BB rep assured me that ADVANCED CALLING would work over wifi - NOPE. Returned it within 12 hours and was very sad. LOVED that phone. The G Stylus available at Verizon appears to be the 2020 model - QUESTION - will the 2021 version ever be available at Verizon? I can only hope that it will have the advanced calling features - if/when that happens?

Thanks for your assistance

JTB
JTB
Options

13492 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1277 Signins

173335 Page Views

• Views: 173335
  • Message 2 of 6

Re:Verizon Availability coming?

2021-05-04, 14:51 PM

Hi JTB,

Thank you for asking. Unfortunately, retail version does only support VOLTE on Verizon. As for availability at Verizon store, we can't guarantee it will be available. Sorry. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Click the thumbs up button to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

4 Posts

05-03-2021

United States of America

4 Signins

40 Page Views

• Message 3 of 6

2021-05-04, 16:53 PM

I am not clear on what VOLTE is - with respect to the stylus/moto/verizon. Could you put it in barnyard terms?

Thanks

JTB
Options

13492 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1277 Signins

173335 Page Views

• Views: 173335
  • Message 4 of 6

2021-05-05, 13:58 PM

Hi JTB,

if you're asking what does VOLTE means and how it works, I can explain that. VOLTE means Voice Over LTE or Voice Over 4G network. You can make phone calls using your mobile data or 4G data. Moto G Stylus 2021 supports 4G calling on Verizon network but it does not support WiFi calling or phone calls over WiFi. 

Please let me know if you have a question. Thank you. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Click the thumbs up button to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

4 Posts

05-03-2021

United States of America

4 Signins

40 Page Views

• Message 5 of 6

2021-05-06, 1:29 AM

thanks for trying... i thought cell phones did voice calls on cell nets...? Now they need VOLTE to voice call? Oh well. The key part of your statement is NO WIFI CALLING - which means I am out of luck. 

Appreciate your willingness to explain

TB

JTB
Options

3876 Posts

03-11-2019

United States of America

742 Signins

57885 Page Views

• Views: 57885
  • Message 6 of 6

2021-05-06, 18:43 PM

@ TommyBee wrote:

thanks for trying... i thought cell phones did voice calls on cell nets...? Now they need VOLTE to voice call? Oh well. The key part of your statement is NO WIFI CALLING - which means I am out of luck. 

Appreciate your willingness to explain

TB

I apologize for the confusion. Regular phone calls and VoLTE calls are completely different. VoLTE is not required to make regular phone calls. Regular phone  calls uses  2G or 3G signals during calls while VoLTE enhances calls by connecting it to 4G network. There are clear advantages when you are on a VoLTE such as faster call setup times, improved voice quality and the ability to connect to 4G internet during calls. I hope this is more clear explanation on how regular voice call is different from VoLTE. 

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the Thumbs up icon on the bottom right thank them with a Kudo!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms