Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G Phonesmoto g stylus 5G
All Forum Topics
Options

16 Posts

07-16-2021

United States of America

14 Signins

65 Page Views

• Views: 65
  • Message 1 of 12

No Lock Screen notifications??

2021-07-16, 17:32 PM

Just curious if anyone else gets lock screen notifications with info on their lock screen? My moto one action showed me texts, emails, previews of stuff as little banners.

All the 5g stylus shows is a little icon, cant preview/read anything informative. I have ensured the "Show conversations, default, and silent" in settings is enabled for notifications on lock screen. Super weird.

Just would love to know if it's a bug, I'm doing something wrong, or this is just by design.

Thanks!

Charles

Options

6880 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3414 Signins

86226 Page Views

• Views: 86226
  • Message 2 of 12

Re:No Lock Screen notifications??

2021-07-16, 19:17 PM

@ gingernparadise wrote:

Just curious if anyone else gets lock screen notifications with info on their lock screen? My moto one action showed me texts, emails, previews of stuff as little banners.

All the 5g stylus shows is a little icon, cant preview/read anything informative. I have ensured the "Show conversations, default, and silent" in settings is enabled for notifications on lock screen. Super weird.

Just would love to know if it's a bug, I'm doing something wrong, or this is just by design.

Thanks!

Charles

Hi Charles. Sorry to see you're having issues here with the notifications on the lock screen. I'd like to check one other setting. Go to Settings > Privacy > Notifications on lock screen. Make sure it's set to Show all notification content there as well. Let me know if that helps. If you're talking about the small icons on Moto/Peek Display, if you long press on any of the small icons it should give you the details of the notification too (Assuming you have both the notifications settings set and the privacy settings set).

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,

Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

16 Posts

07-16-2021

United States of America

14 Signins

65 Page Views

• Message 3 of 12

2021-07-16, 23:32 PM

Thanks for the quick reply!

If I long press on the peek display, yes it does show at the top of the peek display.

But I'm referring to the lock screen. I have all the settings right for both privacy and notifications. I'll add screenshots. To help, including how lock screen looks with a new text. To reiterate, this model may just not have that feature. On my moto one action it had like "cards" on the lock screen for notifications you could tap to open and unlock, or swipe away. Was very convenient.

Thanks again for the help!

Screenshot_20210716-192636.png Screenshot_20210716-192651.png Screenshot_20210716-192732.png
Options

4717 Posts

10-05-2016

United States of America

626 Signins

51997 Page Views

• Views: 51997
  • Message 4 of 12

2021-07-19, 20:20 PM

Hi gingernparadise,

Thanks for providing those screenshot and to show us what you are seeing. We'd like to know more details.

• Does this happen since you bought the phone?
  • Are all your apps updated?
  • Have you tried resetting the app preferences? if not, here's how:
  • Go to Settings
    1. Apps & notification
    2. see all
    3. Tap 3 vertical dots on top
    4. Show System
    5.  Tap 3 vertical dots on top
    6. Reset App preferences.

Let us know these details.

Regards,
Jess
Motorola Support

Please do not send me a personal message regarding your concerns or questions if this can be posted to this community. We prioritize the ones posting on threads.
Options

16 Posts

07-16-2021

United States of America

14 Signins

65 Page Views

• Message 5 of 12

2021-07-19, 20:30 PM

- Yes, since day 1.

- Just checked, had one app to update, updated it.

- I reset app preferences as requested. Still no change.

I can't be the only one?? Lol. Or is that just not a feature anymore? Maybe a hard reset is needed, I did transfer data from my Moto One Action via USB C.

Options

4717 Posts

10-05-2016

United States of America

626 Signins

51997 Page Views

• Views: 51997
  • Message 6 of 12

2021-07-20, 21:45 PM

Hi gingernparadise,

Thanks for answering those questions. We'd like to provide some suggestions and see if that would help.

We suggest putting the phone into safe mode and see if it has the same thing.

To Enable Safe Mode
1. Press and hold the Power button until Power off comes up on the screen.
2. Touch and HOLD Power off on the screen until reboot to safe mode appears.
Just turn off and on the phone to boot back to normal mode.

Please take note that this won't delete any of your data on the phone. You will be able to run the devie without any of your third party apps. If it happens that the notification comes in while in Safe mode, we suggest rebooting the device to go back to normal mode and uninstall the last app you downloaded to figure out which app may be triggering your lockscreen notification not to appear.

Let us know.

Regards,
Jess
Motorola Support

Please do not send me a personal message regarding your concerns or questions if this can be posted to this community. We prioritize the ones posting on threads.
Options

16 Posts

07-16-2021

United States of America

14 Signins

65 Page Views

• Message 7 of 12

2021-07-20, 21:53 PM

Sadly no change. I had hopes because when it first booted it had a "card" for moto actions. But it went away. No other notifications would show on lock screen in safe mode. Screenshots attached.

They only show if I swipe down to show the notification window. Or whatever you call it.

Screenshot_20210720-174928.png
Options

6880 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3414 Signins

86226 Page Views

• Message 8 of 12

2021-07-21, 20:47 PM

@ gingernparadise wrote:

Sadly no change. I had hopes because when it first booted it had a "card" for moto actions. But it went away. No other notifications would show on lock screen in safe mode. Screenshots attached.

They only show if I swipe down to show the notification window. Or whatever you call it.

Thanks for testing in Safe Mode. I'd like to compare it to my device, but want to make sure I'm on the same software version. Can you update your forum profile with the current IMEI from your device? 

Thanks,

Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

16 Posts

07-16-2021

United States of America

14 Signins

65 Page Views

• Message 9 of 12

2021-07-21, 23:23 PM

I believe I did that for you. Let me know if you don't see it.

A coworker recently got the same phone, I checked his and he had the lock screen cards/notifications no issue. Compared our settings as well.

I'd hate to setup again, but maybe a hard reset is in order. I really have a feeling it's because I used the USB C transfer method. Idk much of the inner workings of it. But it made like a carbon copy of my previous moto.

Options

6880 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3414 Signins

86226 Page Views

• Message 10 of 12

2021-07-22, 20:28 PM

@ gingernparadise wrote:

I believe I did that for you. Let me know if you don't see it.

A coworker recently got the same phone, I checked his and he had the lock screen cards/notifications no issue. Compared our settings as well.

I'd hate to setup again, but maybe a hard reset is in order. I really have a feeling it's because I used the USB C transfer method. Idk much of the inner workings of it. But it made like a carbon copy of my previous moto.

I was going to say, I was not able to reproduce what you're seeing on mine. Mine shows the cards, but I was wondering if it was because I'm on a weird internal debugging version and not the final software. The fact that your co-worker got the same phone is good information. I'd hate to have you do a factory reset if I can avoid it. Let me see what else I can figure out. If we can avoid having to set everything up again, I'm sure you'd rather go that route.

Thanks,

Tom

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms