Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Unlockable PhonesMOTOROLA Android Developer Community
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

10-13-2021

United States of America

2 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 1 of 4

Root Moto G Stylus 5G

2021-10-13, 23:23 PM

I am getting ready to purchase a Moto G Stylus 5G.  Before I purchase it, is there a way to confirm I can root the phone if I choose?  That is the main function I am looking for in a phone.

Options

2293 Posts

11-24-2020

India

230 Signins

24205 Page Views

• Views: 24205
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:Root Moto G Stylus 5G

2021-10-14, 5:27 AM

@ firstblackboy wrote:

I am getting ready to purchase a Moto G Stylus 5G.  Before I purchase it, is there a way to confirm I can root the phone if I choose?  That is the main function I am looking for in a phone.

Hi, 

Welcome to Motorola Forums. I appreciate your interest in this device. Rooting your phone is highly discouraged as it will void your phone warranty, and the limited support you can receive. We can't assist with rooting your phone, but there are tons of sites on the web that can help. Moving your thread to the Developer Community for further assistance. 

Thanks

Sunitha

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

2 Posts

10-13-2021

United States of America

2 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 3 of 4

2021-10-14, 15:21 PM

I understand Motorola cannot help or encourage rooting a device, in fact it is discouraged.  My only question is "is it POSSIBLE to root the Moto G Stylus 5G"?  My current phone it is not possible at all.  I just want to know if I CAN at sometime?  That is the main decider in my purchasing a new phone.  

Thank you.

Options

2 Posts

09-11-2015

United States of America

7 Signins

50 Page Views

• Views: 50
  • Message 4 of 4

2021-10-22, 2:31 AM

Yes it is possible and XDA will be your site to find info on that.there is how ever no custom recovery yet

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms