Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G Phonesmoto g stylus / moto g pro
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

06-24-2021

United States of America

2 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 1 of 4

Camera not working

2021-06-24, 7:08 AM

Hi, I have a Moto G Stylus (2020) and just today my phone's camera stopped working. I have no clue how as I've never dropped the phone and it isn't damaged in any sort of way. Whenever I try to use the camera app, the background shows up black, then freezes, and force closes itself. I'm not sure if it's a software or hardware problem. I tried almost every method from clearing the cache, storage, uninstalling the app and then reinstalling it. The only option left is to factory reset the entire phone but I have yet to do so if there are any other solutions to the problem. I'm all out of ideas at this point but I am hoping for any kind of assistance.

Screenshot_20210624-030241.png Screenshot_20210624-030248.png
Options

4519 Posts

03-11-2019

United States of America

782 Signins

62255 Page Views

• Views: 62255
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:Camera not working

2021-06-24, 13:12 PM

Hi Britt-matt96,

I understand how important is this to you and I will try my best to help you fix this. Have you tried using a 3rd party camera app? Please also try to perform a hardware test on both the front and rear camera which is on the Moto Help/Device Help app.

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the Thumbs up icon on the bottom right thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

2 Posts

06-24-2021

United States of America

2 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 3 of 4

2021-06-24, 14:12 PM

Yes I've tried using several other camera applications and each end result were the same as the default camera app. I tried the moto care and the screen tests were also dark for it. I also had the same problem where it would close out of the camera diagnosis screen after a few seconds.

Options

4519 Posts

03-11-2019

United States of America

782 Signins

62255 Page Views

• Views: 62255
  • Message 4 of 4

2021-06-24, 14:44 PM

HI Britt-matt96,

That could be a hardware problem in the camera. We still would recommend to perform a factory data reset on the device or have the device flashed using the Repair and Smart Assistant app. Then after the troubleshooting steps is done we recommend testing the camera before installing any apps. If both of those troubleshooting steps did not work. Then you may need to have the device sent to a service center to have it repaired. You can find the nearest service center or other repair options here.

Factory data reset steps: https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/prod_answer_detail/a_id/148847

Repair and Smart Assistant Download Link and User guide: https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/prod_answer_detail/a_id/126499

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the Thumbs up icon on the bottom right thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms