Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G Phonesmoto g stylus / moto g pro
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

09-08-2021

United States of America

3 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 1 of 3

Moto G Stylus 2020 won't connect to carrier after updates

2021-09-15, 13:49 PM

My carrier is Ting (using the TMobile backbone) and when I first got my phone in July 2021, it worked fine but starting about 3 weeks ago, it started dropping my carrier several times a day, leaving me with no service. After the last big update, my phone stopped connecting to my carrier completely. I called Ting and they were able to get me connected again but after my phone went to sleep mode, it dropped the carrier again and now I can't connect at all. I've tried a new SIM card and resetting the carrier settings, but nothing works. Also, I can't disable the "automatically select network" anymore. So, I don't even have the option to select the Ting network settings. Has anyone run into this? I'm going to have to buy another new phone if I can't get this fixed since I can't make or receive phone calls.

Answer
Options

5279 Posts

10-05-2016

United States of America

653 Signins

55067 Page Views

• Views: 55067

Re:Moto G Stylus 2020 won't connect to carrier after updates

2021-09-15, 16:50 PM

Hi @ JCHaley,

Sorry to know that your service is not working after an update. We'll try our best to help. For us to further assist you, we'll suggest you some troubleshooting steps and see if that would help.

1. Power off the phone
  2. Remove all SIM Cards
  3. Turn on the phone
  4. Connect to WiFI
  5. Go to Settings > Apps & notifications > See all apps > Menu (3 dots on the top right) > Show system apps > Carrier Settings > Storage & cache > Clear Storage > OK
  6. Power off the phone
  7. Insert your SIM
  8. Power the phone back on.
  9. If that doesn't work, we suggest getting the APN setting for the active APN from your carrier.

Let us know.

Regards,
Jess
Motorola Support

Please do not send me a personal message regarding your concerns or questions if this can be posted to this community. We prioritize the ones posting on threads.

Replies(2)
Answer
Options

5279 Posts

10-05-2016

United States of America

653 Signins

55067 Page Views

• Views: 55067
  • Message 2 of 3

2021-09-15, 16:50 PM

Hi @ JCHaley,

Sorry to know that your service is not working after an update. We'll try our best to help. For us to further assist you, we'll suggest you some troubleshooting steps and see if that would help.

1. Power off the phone
  2. Remove all SIM Cards
  3. Turn on the phone
  4. Connect to WiFI
  5. Go to Settings > Apps & notifications > See all apps > Menu (3 dots on the top right) > Show system apps > Carrier Settings > Storage & cache > Clear Storage > OK
  6. Power off the phone
  7. Insert your SIM
  8. Power the phone back on.
  9. If that doesn't work, we suggest getting the APN setting for the active APN from your carrier.

Let us know.

Regards,
Jess
Motorola Support

Please do not send me a personal message regarding your concerns or questions if this can be posted to this community. We prioritize the ones posting on threads.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

2 Posts

09-08-2021

United States of America

3 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 3 of 3

2021-09-15, 21:03 PM
This worked! Thank you!
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms