Options

2 Posts

06-26-2020

US

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 1 of 6

Moto G Stylus turns off after display timeout.

2020-06-26, 20:49 PM

I have a new Moto G Stylus and it seems to have a couple of issues.  When I try to turn it on, I have to hold the power button down for at least 10 seconds for it to turn on, but sometimes that still doesn't work...or I have to do it a few times before it does.  It also seems to turn itself off after the display times out and then the same kind of thing happens and I have to do the same thing again.

Options

2380 Posts

02-11-2016

US

2959 Signins

54501 Page Views

• Views: 54501
  • Message 2 of 6

Re:Moto G Stylus turns off after display timeout.

2020-06-26, 21:00 PM

@ Sparkler wrote:

I have a new Moto G Stylus and it seems to have a couple of issues.  When I try to turn it on, I have to hold the power button down for at least 10 seconds for it to turn on, but sometimes that still doesn't work...or I have to do it a few times before it does.  It also seems to turn itself off after the display times out and then the same kind of thing happens and I have to do the same thing again.

Hi there. I'm sorry to hear you're having this weird behaviour with your Stylus. Based on the description you provided this sounds like a hardware failure. Holding the power button for 10 seconds is essentially forcing a hard reboot. You definitely shouldn't have to do that everytime the phone goes to sleep. How long have you had the phone? Has this happened since you got the phone? Let me know.

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

2 Posts

06-26-2020

US

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Message 3 of 6

2020-06-26, 21:55 PM
I took it out of the box yesterday and it's been doing it since I first tried to boot it up.
Options

2380 Posts

02-11-2016

US

2959 Signins

54501 Page Views

• Message 4 of 6

2020-06-26, 22:09 PM

@ Sparkler wrote:

I took it out of the box yesterday and it's been doing it since I first tried to boot it up.

That is very odd. Can you try rebooting the phone into safe mode and see if it still happens? Press and hold the power button while you have the screen on a menu should pop-up. Release the power button and then press and hold on Power off. Another screen will appear that says reboot to safe mode. Tap on OK. Now the phone will reboot into safe mode. None of the apps you installed wlil show up when in this mode. Use the phone for a bit and see if you can duplicate this behavoiur. If not, then the issue is likely related to an 3rd party app you installed. Give it a try and let me know. Just as a heads up, we don't currently monitor this forum community on the weekend. So I might not get back to you until Monday. If you still have this issue while in Safemode, then I would recommend having the phone exchanged where you purchsed it from.

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

2 Posts

06-26-2020

US

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Message 5 of 6

2020-06-26, 22:27 PM
OK...thanks, I'll try it. How can I determine if it's a third party app? I've only added a couple, but it was doing this before I put anything on it.
Options

2380 Posts

02-11-2016

US

2959 Signins

54501 Page Views

• Message 6 of 6

2020-06-27, 0:24 AM

@ Sparkler wrote:

OK...thanks, I'll try it. How can I determine if it's a third party app? I've only added a couple, but it was doing this before I put anything on it.

If it was doing this before putting any apps on your phone, then likely it wouldn't be app related. Sadly, at this point I would recommend either having the device exchanged where you purchased it or having it sent for warranty service.

-Tom

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete