07-14-2020

US

4 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 1 of 6

Moto G Stylus video call audio problems

2020-07-14, 22:35 PM
Hello, My wife and I each have a Moto G Stylus. We have no issues with regular phone calls to each other or other people. What we do have issues with are calling each other on video using WhatsApp and Messenger. When we talk on video using speakerphone there is lots of feedback, crackling, and echoing. This does not happen when we call others using the same apps, only each other. I have looked everywhere on the internet for help and can't find anything to make sense why only our phones calling each other on video speakerphone have issues. Any advice?
Solved! See the solution
Options

10536 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1113 Signins

150273 Page Views

• Views: 150273
  • Message 2 of 6

Re:Moto G Stylus video call audio problems

2020-07-15, 17:54 PM

Hi Bizzybee,

Thanks for the post. This one is odd. I'd like to confirm, are you or is she doing/noticing any difference when you're video calling with each other vs from when you or she's video calling other contacts? Example, using other apps, or being near with each other will likely create feedback. Also, if both of have a phone case, we recommend removing that and see if that helps. Let me know.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

112 Posts

08-06-2019

US

160 Signins

1689 Page Views

• Views: 1689
  • Message 3 of 6

2020-07-15, 20:25 PM

Hello Agent_Rich,

I wanted to inform you that a similar complaint was posted on the Moto G Power forum. Agent_Zeke tried to address the matter. Here's the link>

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/moto-g-power/terrible-audio-feedback-on-moto-g-power/m-p/5020048

Options

10536 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1113 Signins

150273 Page Views

• Message 4 of 6

2020-07-16, 18:54 PM

Hi Presto8,

Thanks for sharing that. I'll monitor it and I'll let my colleague know about it. Thanks!

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

2 Posts

07-14-2020

US

4 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 5 of 6

2020-07-17, 16:47 PM
Thanks for the reply! I have tried everything I can think of. I have removed both cases which has no effect. The problem only happens when the 2 moto g stylus's call each other. I have called other iPhones and androids on video calling apps with no issues. The only time I noticed an issue with another phone was on a non video call on Facebook messenger where I could hear myself talk. I canceled the call and called back which fixed it. I have also tried different wifi connections and Verizon mobile data. The only thing I can think of is there is something wrong with the compatibility of Moto G Stylus video calling each other. The other thing I'm pondering is, is there some sort of Verizon setting on my account creating static, feedback, echoing, and knocking in my video calls. I worked in mobile sales for 6 years and this one has stumped me.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

10536 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1113 Signins

150273 Page Views

• Message 6 of 6

2020-07-17, 18:27 PM

Hi Bizzybee,

Thanks for additional details. I wonder if it would also happen while using an earphones/headphones, can you please confirm? Also, make sure all apps are up to date in Play Store. Please update your profile with the current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > System > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

See here for the instruction. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete