Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G Phonesmoto g stylus / moto g pro
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

08-17-2020

United States of America

3 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 1 of 10

Moto G stylus drops signal

2020-08-17, 21:56 PM

This is my second G series phone.

Same issue.

There seems to be a problem with the radio it keeps randomly dropping the signal, it just fades away or hanging on by one bar. 

I have more than one cell phone it's not a network issue.

Anyone else having problems?

Options

14146 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1304 Signins

177345 Page Views

• Views: 177345
  • Message 2 of 10

Re:Moto G stylus drops signal

2020-08-18, 17:03 PM

Hi Drivermadmax,

Sorry to know about that. This should not happen. Let me help you with this. First, can you please update your profile with the current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > System > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

See here for the instruction. 

Can you also share the date and location when it happened? Also, I'd like to confirm, are you experiencing any network failure with messages, calling or data?

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Click the thumbs up button to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

1 Posts

09-20-2020

United States of America

1 Signins

50 Page Views

• Views: 50
  • Message 3 of 10

2020-09-20, 7:45 AM

Yep I have the same exact issue with my moto g stylus on metro pcs san Antonio tx. It seems to only be inside my house tho. 

Options

14146 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1304 Signins

177345 Page Views

• Message 4 of 10

2020-09-21, 18:23 PM

Hi Epictrip,

This is interesting. There are couple of factors why network is fluctuating (location and environment are such). I would like to check yours, can you please update your profile with the IMEI of your phone and let me know if I can check. See my previous response for the instruction. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Click the thumbs up button to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

2 Posts

02-18-2021

United States of America

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 5 of 10

2021-02-18, 3:27 AM

Me too, all of a sudden nothing but issues. It's so bad more than half my texts just sit there sending then get message not sent blah blah & can't even take a call because it just drops with in minutes. I call metro twice a week & get the same story of maintenance on a cell tower so they tell me there going to assign me to a new tower & same problems. I wish they would just be honest & say yea we charged you $285 for a horrible phone that your now stuck with because we're not going to do the right thing & give you your money back. The agent that up sold you on this phone & convinced you to leave boost mobile for metro was just doing her job. Unfortunately we really don't care how much money your business has lost due to your always failing signal but we do apologize that it took you 20 attempts to reach us because we knew you were going to have signal issues & thank you for letting us get over on you

Options

14146 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1304 Signins

177345 Page Views

• Message 6 of 10

2021-02-18, 13:34 PM

Hi Motoshjncd

I'm sorry to hear that. Can you please update your profile with the current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > System > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your software/apps to see if they are a source of problems.

See here for the instruction. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Options

2 Posts

02-18-2021

United States of America

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 7 of 10

2021-02-27, 0:46 AM

It started happening to me a few months ago. It's unbelievably frustrating, I can't get through a phone call for more than 5 minutes, texting forget it just sits there until I get the message not sent. I send 1 simple reply it takes 10 minutes if it goes through at all. I'm on metro pcs, they don't do anything nor care. This is my 1st Motorola phone & 1st time with metro pcs as my carrier. This will be my last moto phone ever it's been a horrible phone & tried getting my money back but that was a waste of time. I will never recommend Metro pcs or Motorola ever again. Moto G Stylus should be recalled. Motorola should step up & refund us in full for this piece of junk. I feel like an idiot for listening to the girl at Metro telling me how great the phone is, that was obviously all a b.s. pitch for her to get a sale. Shame on you Motorola refund me the amount I paid for this phone

Options

5712 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3336 Signins

79006 Page Views

• Views: 79006
  • Message 8 of 10

2021-03-01, 19:11 PM

@ Motoshjncd wrote:

It started happening to me a few months ago. It' unbelievably frustrating, I can' get through a phone call for more than 5 minutes, texting forget it just sits there until I get the message not sent. I send 1 simple reply it takes 10 minutes if it goes through at all. I' on metro pcs, they don' do anything nor care. This is my 1st Motorola phone & 1st time with metro pcs as my carrier. This will be my last moto phone ever it' been a horrible phone & tried getting my money back but that was a waste of time. I will never recommend Metro pcs or Motorola ever again. Moto G Stylus should be recalled. Motorola should step up & refund us in full for this piece of junk. I feel like an idiot for listening to the girl at Metro telling me how great the phone is, that was obviously all a b.s. pitch for her to get a sale. Shame on you Motorola refund me the amount I paid for this phone

Hello, first, I'm sorry to see you're having so many issues with your signal. The fact that Metro PCS is saying that they are doing maintenance on the tower leads me to believe that this isn't a phone issue but network/carrier issue. Do you have these same signal issues when you are away from the house or away from this part of town (ie on a different tower)? Please let me know,

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!

Options

1 Posts

06-06-2021

United States of America

2 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 9 of 10

2021-06-06, 13:11 PM

I have the same problem. Will have decent signal then it drops out totally leaving only the option for emergency calls. Most times I can restart my phone and have signal again but it is very irritating lol

Options

14146 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1304 Signins

177345 Page Views

• Message 10 of 10

2021-06-07, 15:09 PM

Hi Eleanor76

Can you share more details when/where does it usually happen? Instead of restarting the phone, try turning on airplane mode and turn it back off, see if the signal comes back. Also, can you please submit your report through this form? Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms