Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G Phonesmoto g stylus / moto g pro
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

04-03-2021

United States of America

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 1 of 4

Moto Notes -- How to name files

2021-04-03, 13:59 PM

Using Notes with the G Stylus.  I can't puzzle out how give a file name to a new or existing note.  I want to hold the file-name/category field in list view, but that does nothing but open the note.  

There isn't an option either when creating a new note.  That said, I managed to do it once, but can't puzzle out how to do it again. 

Thanks. 

Options

3714 Posts

03-11-2019

United States of America

729 Signins

56580 Page Views

• Views: 56580
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:Moto Notes -- How to name files

2021-04-05, 18:29 PM

Hi Chollapete,

Thanks for posting your concern and we would like to help. We can't figure it out either, we're going to ask around to see if this is a limitation or we are just missing something in our testing. We'll get back you as we learn more. What you can do for future notes is go to the Moto Notes application, tap on the hamburger menu (top left). From there you can manage/create new categories, then you can choose the category and create a new note in that category by tapping on the plus on the bottom right.

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the Thumbs up icon on the bottom right thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

2 Posts

04-03-2021

United States of America

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 3 of 4

2021-04-05, 19:04 PM

Hey- Agent Zeke,

I figured it out.  Create a new note, make a mark near the bottom to trigger the page-down arrow, tap that arrow to page down, then tap the page up arrow to page back up.  Now a drop-down box to choose the category appears at the top.  Use the stylus from the very top to pull the page all the way down and the filename field is now visible.  Tap on the field to pop up the keyboard and editing is also enabled.  

This also works with existing files.  

Lol.  Besides an update to make the name and category fields appear immediately, my wish list would also include a setting that would allow the most recent file to open for editing when the stylus is removed.  Preferably regardless of whether the screen was on or off when the stylus is removed.  Current behavior is to open a new note for editing if the stylus is removed when the screen is off and for the Notes app to open to the file-list if the stylus is removed when the screen is on.   

Perhaps a switch to choose whether to open a new note or the most recently-opened note.  

I specifically bought the G Stylus for this function.  (I also needed a new phone and this is my third G. But I would have otherwise gotten a G8 or G9 Dual SIM.)  At work I walk around a lot and continually notice small but important details that I need to remember.  Hence, I was excited by the feature to launch Notes from screen-off by removing the stylus, but I just need to add to the list, not start a new note every time.  

Thanks for the response. 

MarkT

Options

3714 Posts

03-11-2019

United States of America

729 Signins

56580 Page Views

• Views: 56580
  • Message 4 of 4

2021-04-06, 18:39 PM

@ Chollapete wrote:

Hey- Agent Zeke,

I figured it out.  Create a new note, make a mark near the bottom to trigger the page-down arrow, tap that arrow to page down, then tap the page up arrow to page back up.  Now a drop-down box to choose the category appears at the top.  Use the stylus from the very top to pull the page all the way down and the filename field is now visible.  Tap on the field to pop up the keyboard and editing is also enabled.  

This also works with existing files.  

Lol.  Besides an update to make the name and category fields appear immediately, my wish list would also include a setting that would allow the most recent file to open for editing when the stylus is removed.  Preferably regardless of whether the screen was on or off when the stylus is removed.  Current behavior is to open a new note for editing if the stylus is removed when the screen is off and for the Notes app to open to the file-list if the stylus is removed when the screen is on.   

Perhaps a switch to choose whether to open a new note or the most recently-opened note.  

I specifically bought the G Stylus for this function.  (I also needed a new phone and this is my third G. But I would have otherwise gotten a G8 or G9 Dual SIM.)  At work I walk around a lot and continually notice small but important details that I need to remember.  Hence, I was excited by the feature to launch Notes from screen-off by removing the stylus, but I just need to add to the list, not start a new note every time.  

Thanks for the response. 

MarkT

Glad to know that you are able to figure it out. We also appreciate your feedback and we will pass your Wishlist along to our team. Please don't hesitate to post again in case you need further assistance.

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the Thumbs up icon on the bottom right thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms