Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G Phonesmoto g stylus / moto g pro
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

08-14-2020

Austria

4 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 1 of 234

NFC stopped working in moto g pro

2020-08-14, 11:46 AM

Hi, 

I recently bought the moto g pro and everything worked fine until a week ago. NFC stopped working completely. No payments accepted, no tags readable, NFC seems dead. 

Things I`ve tried so far: Toggle NFC switch on off, restart device, update payment app. I have not tried a factory reset and hope to avoid it.

Help very much appreciated, thanks. 

Options

14042 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1300 Signins

176755 Page Views

• Views: 176755
  • Message 2 of 234

Re:NFC stopped working in moto g pro

2020-08-18, 17:30 PM

Hi kurtlei,

It will be my pleasure to help you with this. You've clearly done some research and troubleshooting. Can you please confirm if you're getting an error? Are you using a phone case? If so, I recommend removing it to make sure it's not the one causing it. Also, if possible can you try if you can receive content from other phone or device that has NFC? 

Please update your profile with the current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > System > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

See here for the instruction. 

You may also test NFC while the phone is in safe mode.

To Enable Safe Mode
1. Press and hold the Power button until Power off comes up on the screen.
2. Touch and HOLD Power off on the screen until reboot to safe mode appears.
Just turn off and on the phone to boot back to normal mode.

Please let me know if that helps. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Click the thumbs up button to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

4 Posts

08-24-2020

Slovakia

58 Signins

280 Page Views

• Views: 280
  • Message 3 of 234

2020-08-24, 14:32 PM

Thank You for Your support and advice. I have the same problem, after last security update probably (august 2020). 

I have still turned on NFC, the detects it, but it doesn't work. I tried solve it according Your instructions. NFC worked only few moments after restart (from safe mode), but subsequently NFC cannot detect any tag.  

I will be very grateful for any further advice.

Options

14042 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1300 Signins

176755 Page Views

• Message 4 of 234

2020-08-24, 18:34 PM

Hi ms_71,

Thank you for trying my suggestions. Can you please confirm what kind of tags were these? Also, I would like to raise this, can you please generate a bug report when it failed?

To capture Bug Report:

Go to Settings > About phone > Build number 

Tap Build number seven times. After the first few taps, you should see the steps counting down until you unlock the developer options. Once activated, you will see a message that reads, “You are now a developer!”
Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On
Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
Once the issue is reproduced: Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.
Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the BugReport via private message (click my forums profile to send a private message)
Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the local time when you observed the behavior. 

Please let me know here once you have sent it. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Click the thumbs up button to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

1 Posts

08-28-2020

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 5
  • Message 5 of 234

2020-08-28, 13:20 PM

I'm experiencing the same issue after the latest security update.

Is the any fix?

Options

13 Posts

08-29-2020

France

25 Signins

100 Page Views

• Views: 100
  • Message 6 of 234

2020-08-29, 11:54 AM

Dear Moto support,

My Moto G Pro device seems to suffer from the same symptoms. Google Pay checks say that everything is in order, but no payments can be carried out.

Have also tried the tags of my home speaker system and a pair of headphones, and they are also not recognized (they work well with my other Moto phone: Moto One Vission).

Have also tried in safe mode with the same results.

Best regards,

Cristi

Options

2 Posts

08-14-2020

Austria

4 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 7 of 234

2020-08-29, 13:32 PM

Thanks a lot. I have updated the phone info on my Lenovo Page now and set the privacy setting to on, of course please look at my apps if there is any problem causing app there (maybe I disabled an app that is relevant accidentally). I already tried safe mode but as I am in Austria, there is no google payment app preinstalled and I could not try this funktion in safe mode obviously - is there a preinstalled app I could use?

Thanks for helping. I would rather not do a factory reset as it is less hassle to live without NFC than it is to put in all those passwords etc. for all the apps I use. 

Looking forward to your suggestions, but I'm afraid you will recommend a factory reset. Is there a chance that the problem is software related or what is more likely do you think?

Best greetings. 

Options

14042 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1300 Signins

176755 Page Views

• Message 8 of 234

2020-08-31, 19:01 PM

Hi Everyone,

Can some of you send me a bug report as I requested. I just need one bug report so we can raise this to our engineers. Please let me know. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Options

4 Posts

08-24-2020

Slovakia

58 Signins

280 Page Views

• Views: 280
  • Message 9 of 234

2020-08-31, 22:12 PM

I sent private message with link to google drive according your directions. Is there any problem with link or bug report?

Options

13 Posts

08-29-2020

France

25 Signins

100 Page Views

• Views: 100
  • Message 10 of 234

2020-08-31, 22:16 PM

Hi Agent_Rich,

Also sent a PM with my bug report.

Thank you for reporting the issue to the engineers.

Best regards,

Cristi

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms