Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G Phonesmoto g stylus / moto g pro
All Forum Topics
Options

13 Posts

01-07-2021

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

22 Signins

85 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 85
  • Message 271 of 325

Re:NFC stopped working in moto g pro

2021-08-24, 21:32 PM

I own 2 Motorola phones and one Lenovo laptop, but will never buy another of your products.

This whole saga is a fiasco, it's been going on so long that many phones are now or of warranty and you have the nerve to state that the warranty status will be checked before you proceed.

I've had better support from a market stall.

Options

7 Posts

12-23-2014

Czech Republic

10 Signins

51 Page Views

• Views: 51
  • Message 272 of 325

2021-08-25, 16:37 PM

Hello guys, I just wanted to share my experience about the warranty process.

So I waited for Motorola internal communication to spread about this issues. About 3 weeks ago I have sent the phone for warranty repair. It got back today. According to service protocol the main board was replaced. And guess what, NFC is still not working.

Now it looks like I will have to go thru this annoying process of sending the phone two more times to be eligible for money return.

I am so exhausted about this issue. I can't recommend Motorola products anymore. The question is, what is left with pure Android? Pixel?

Options

16 Posts

01-05-2021

Netherlands

30 Signins

125 Page Views

• Views: 125
  • Message 273 of 325

2021-08-26, 17:48 PM

Dear Agent_Mary,

Based on the experience of Kokr I don't think that I will send my phone for repair. Better contact Motorola Netherlands and let them send me a new phone and then I will send you my phone. Based on all the (removed) and inability from Motorola in the past year this seems more than fair. The first post is already one year ago and we only thing we got is a lot of blah blah from you and Agent_rich. A lot of excuses that you were late with a response but you never came up with a solution and I don't think you will.

Thanks but no thanks from a very angry customer.

@Kokr: Nokia has also android one

Note: Edited for site rule violation - Language. Please follow all rules if you want to participate. Thanks. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Moto-Owners-Forum-Site-Rules/td-p/3269704

Options

3 Posts

08-26-2021

Netherlands

4 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 274 of 325

2021-08-26, 18:59 PM

I'm experiencing the same problems after the last update.... Is there any way to undo this update?

Options

3 Posts

08-26-2021

Netherlands

4 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 275 of 325

2021-08-26, 19:04 PM
Hi Rich, I think the problems are caused by the last update, my NFC stopped working too... Is there anything I can do?
Options

29 Posts

12-30-2020

Finland

40 Signins

220 Page Views

• Views: 220
  • Message 276 of 325

2021-08-26, 23:22 PM

@ Chemshop15 wrote:

Dear Agent_Mary,

Based on the experience of Kokr I don't think that I will send my phone for repair. Better contact Motorola Netherlands and let them send me a new phone and then I will send you my phone. Based on all the (removed) and inability from Motorola in the past year this seems more than fair. The first post is already one year ago and we only thing we got is a lot of blah blah from you and Agent_rich. A lot of excuses that you were late with a response but you never came up with a solution and I don't think you will.

Thanks but no thanks from a very angry customer.

@Kokr: Nokia has also android one

Note: Edited for site rule violation - Language. Please follow all rules if you want to participate. Thanks. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Moto-Owners-Forum-Site-Rules/td-p/3269704

OH NO! I forgot (to learn how) to bake the first birthday cake for this bug :(

It annoys me that Motorola took so long time to find their solution to this problem. Also it annoys me that I was stupid enough to trust @Agent_XXX  and @Agent_YYY telling that they were investigating the problem - and then 1 or 2 months of silence. Did you really pay almost a year for someone to investigate the problem or did you just hold it on backlog until this summer? 

My phone must have lost half of its value by now just by laying in its box. There is no use sending it for repair since I have to pay the postage and there seems to be no quarantee (as per @Kokr 's post) that it will actually get fixxed. I think I'll just try to sell it for $100 and spend a nice night at the local bar trying to remember the good times we used to have with Moto G line back in the days - the relationship that now has ended. 

Options

1118 Posts

02-18-2019

United States of America

132 Signins

11180 Page Views

• Views: 11180
  • Message 277 of 325

2021-08-27, 20:59 PM

Hi,

I've posted a few pages back that repair is our next step. Our technicians determined, after careful investigation, that the device will need repairs. I understand that some users are hesitant to send their device for repair, but it is still best to go through with the repair and allow our technicians examine the phone. 

If NFC is not fixed after getting the phone from repair, we would recommend going back to the service center or contacting the support in your region for a follow up. 

Regards,
Mary
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the Thumbs up icon on the bottom right thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

17 Posts

08-30-2020

Czech Republic

22 Signins

105 Page Views

• Views: 105
  • Message 278 of 325

2021-08-28, 7:20 AM

This means at least 3 months without a phone and an unclear repair result. Isn't it better to get our money back straight away? I think there will be satisfaction on both sides.

Options

16 Posts

01-05-2021

Netherlands

30 Signins

125 Page Views

• Message 279 of 325

2021-08-29, 9:50 AM

Dear Agent_Mary,

First you claim: 'Our technicians determined, after careful investigation, that the device will need repairs'. Of course the investigation was careful, it took them almost a year. It would be much cheaper for Motorola if they just swapped phones. Please let me and all the other people know what you're technicians have determined. I'm sure we all like to know.

Then you stated:  'If NFC is not fixed after getting the phone from repair, we would recommend going back to the service center or contacting the support in your region for a follow up'. Why would NFC not fixed after repair? In your first claim you know after careful investigation that the device needs repair.  

This is a little bit confusing for me.

Again, based on the experience of Kokr I will not send my phone for repair. I'm not going to wait for several weeks before my phone has returned and hoping that it will work.

The only thing I will accept is sending me a new phone as mine didn't work from the beginning. I'm very angry with the bad service of Motorola.

Options

16 Posts

01-05-2021

Netherlands

30 Signins

125 Page Views

• Message 280 of 325

2021-08-29, 9:53 AM

E-mail from Lenovo Community:

Congratulations Chemshop15 !

As the result of your contributions to the community, you have earned a new rank.

Your new rank is Fanfold Paper

I'm not sure if I should be happy with that

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms