Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G Phonesmoto g stylus / moto g pro
All Forum Topics
Options

7 Posts

02-10-2021

Estonia

16 Signins

70 Page Views

• Views: 70
  • Message 281 of 347

Re:NFC stopped working in moto g pro

2021-08-29, 10:23 AM

I received my phone back from second NFC repair. It is working so far. Even after monthly update NFC still operates.

But I am still unhappy. I had to use some old laggy phone as a backup all the time I have Moto G Pro. I could have done that without buying motorola. So having motorola took my money and added extra trouble to my everyday life.

Fun fact, motorola claim that thei did not find the issue but still change part nr SD78C59850. What I know is that NFC was not working and factory reset did not helped for me.

I guess they claim that there was no issue or the source of an issue was different for purpose. I can only return phone to the seller if it has same issue for several times during the 2-year warranty period. If issue is different or no issue was found that means it is my fault, not the manufacturers. 

Options

17 Posts

08-30-2020

Czech Republic

22 Signins

105 Page Views

• Views: 105
  • Message 282 of 347

2021-08-29, 10:29 AM

Part No. SD78C59850 is only the back cover adhesive

Options

5 Posts

08-26-2021

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

9 Signins

40 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 40
  • Message 283 of 347

2021-09-01, 12:36 PM

Sorry for jumping in here, I'm in the middle of some support guy talking me through things to try and get my NFC working on my Moto G9 play, he hasn't told me but I'm assuming there is a larger issue here at play. I got a new Moto G9 play and did all the updates, including Android 11, and setup my NFC correctly, but it just wont work.

Are they any closer to figuring out what is wrong?

It's seems so small but I'm bummed that it's not working.....

Cheers

Options

17 Posts

01-05-2021

Netherlands

32 Signins

135 Page Views

• Views: 135
  • Message 284 of 347

2021-09-01, 12:47 PM

I'm sure Agent_Mary can tell you exactly what's wrong with your (and our) phone. Their technicians performed a careful investigation for almost one year. 

I think she will come with an update very soon.

Options

7191 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3450 Signins

88441 Page Views

• Views: 88441
  • Message 285 of 347

2021-09-01, 18:18 PM

Hello everyone, I'm truly sorry it took so long, but the truth is, this issue is hardware-related. If you want to get NFC working on your G Stylus/G Pro, you will have to have the phone sent for repair. There is no software update that will "fix" this. I'm sorry if that comes across as blunt, but I'm just being honest.  

Thank you,

Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

17 Posts

08-30-2020

Czech Republic

22 Signins

105 Page Views

• Views: 105
  • Message 286 of 347

2021-09-01, 18:25 PM

@MotorolaTom    

Cause of malfunction? Can a software update seriously damage hardware permanently? I don't think why is this error only on some moto g pro / stylus phones? And after the repair, one of the users got the phone broken again, so why should I send it?

Options

5 Posts

08-26-2021

9 Signins

40 Page Views

• Views: 40
  • Message 287 of 347

2021-09-01, 19:05 PM

Honestly they should send out new phones first to those that want to send mobiles back for repair.

We shouldn't have to find an old mobile that will tide us over until hopefully the mobile computing comes back fixed.

Options

4 Posts

07-15-2021

7 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 288 of 347

2021-09-02, 7:35 AM

As previously stated, some of us (yes me included) will have to buy a new phone as we get rid of old tech as soon as we can. So, question is do I buy the Xiaomi or the Samsung, or do Lenovo / Motorola step up and do the right thing of phone replacements

Options

25 Posts

02-11-2021

Netherlands

24 Signins

85 Page Views

• Views: 85
  • Message 289 of 347

2021-09-02, 8:02 AM
For me the biggest frustration is the lack of RCA. Ok, so a hardware change fixes it. What caused it? What hardware is affected? What is the link with the software update? Are we sure it won't occur again? I would be out of a job if I gave this level of detail.
Options

3 Posts

07-28-2021

5 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 290 of 347

2021-09-02, 14:50 PM

So we are now told it is a hardware fault...... just think about that, we had working phones and a firmware update 'physically' BROKE yes BROKE the phones NFC. So it would seem Motorolas are so fragile they shouldn't even be leaving the factory if a firmware update can break the phone.

So what did it download, a little virtual hammer to keep hitting the NFC module to break it. This 'fault' issue is a MOTOROLA fault and yet WE are the ones being told to send phones off for repair, to either find or buy a replacement phone to use for months and knowing how **bleep** this situation is, probably years . NO, the Motorola solution is not good enough, you should be replacing EVERY phone affected by this 'fault' free of charge or giving a full cash refund so the owners and users can buy phones that are far more robust that they won't break just by having an update. Yet again though we are given the spurious answer that answers nothing at all. To add in sult to injury Motorola have been, for the last couple of weeks advertising/pushing a new phone to my mobile..what a ruddy joke, seriously had the nerve to do that after all this fiasco.Like I would even touch the **bleep** company again, your customer care is so low that even travelling to the bottom of the Marianas Trench couldn't get as low as it.

So please, explain in crystal clear,no BS way how the fireware update 'broke' the hardware because as so many of us know we had working NFC the day before the update and NOT working NFC afterward. I guess if we don't get a clear answer just shows that yet again we are all being fobbed of with yet more empty words.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms