Options

30 Posts

08-30-2020

US

43 Signins

255 Page Views

• Views: 255
  • Message 11 of 21

Re:NO WiFi Calling for Verizon on Stylus?

2020-11-27, 23:45 PM

I don't work for Verizon, I just know the information from past experience...

Options

1 Posts

12-29-2020

US

1 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 12 of 21

2020-12-29, 3:58 AM
Exactly. Motorola and Verizon go back and forth blaming each other. Verizon wants us to buy "their" phones that cost $100+ more than what we can buy unlocked directly from Motorola or many other websites. The only difference is their Verizon logo. WiFi calling is turned on by default in the settings but you do have to do some digging to find it. If anybody is bored sometime check it out for yourself. It infuriates me. Motorola wants to keep a good relationship with Verizon so they tell us it isn't possible to be turned on. I would love for someone from Motorola to tell me I'm wrong about this, but it is more likely my comment will be deleted. I'm not one to say we need more government regulations, but WiFi calling capabilities should be a given. I live in an area with very little reception. It will only be worse once Verizon kills their 3G network...at least I sometimes have that to fall back on.
Options

5 Posts

11-14-2020

US

4 Signins

50 Page Views

• Views: 50
  • Message 13 of 21

2021-01-09, 8:05 AM

What Lenovo should do is pressure Verizon to enable the feature on these phones. They have their salespeople lying to customers saying that non-Verizon Stylus phones simply don't support it and that is a flat out lie. My mom has a Verizon Stylus and I have an unlocked one. If I copied (cloned) her firmware and applications to my phone it would probably enable the "feature" since Verizon will think it's a branded phone. I'm very tempted to try this out to see if it works. They want to pressure people into buying their brand of the phone but also they don't want to piss off rich people so Apple, Galaxy and other unlocked flagship phones get a pass while Motorola gets treated like garbage. They treat you like garbage and it's like you're treating us like garbage. I could throw in a T-mobile Sim card in my phone and it would immediately start working. Motorola agreed with Verizon to disable this feature on unlocked phones and not even warn people about it. Similar to VOIP. If you have a prepaid account it's totally disabled and you have to convert your account to a post paid account like I did to get that feature to work. I thought I would also be getting the wifi calling included but was shocked to see Motorola sell us out to Verizon. They need to demand the feature be unlocked for these phones. There's no reason besides greed that they are doing this. These phones are all capable of it and the Google phone dialer has the feature built in. It's Verizon getting angry that you didn't buy the phone directly from them. If they think they could disable the VOIP for post paid unlocked phones and get away with it they would! Luckily I have a good signal at my house but what happens if I move or something? I want a feature that is only disabled because of Verizon's greed and Motorola being afraid to make them angry because they can allow the phones to ignore the carrier block and allow wifi calling. They care more about Verizon than their customers. The worst part is both Verizon and Motorola representatives lie about the entire thing making it worse. If Motorola had a backbone they would force Verizon to allow wifi calling on at least the midrange Moto phones. The new Stylus isn't even going to be sold in any retail stores. That means there isn't WiFi calling from a greedy carrier like Verizon period. You don't even have the option of purchasing their overpriced, bloated version of the phone. What then?

Options

5 Posts

11-14-2020

US

4 Signins

50 Page Views

• Views: 50
  • Message 14 of 21

2021-01-09, 8:18 AM

I've known since I got the phone that Verizon was blocking wifi calling. I changed my account with them from prepaid to post paid because it was the only way to allow their network to enable VOIP on my phone. I had to figure this out myself neither the technicians at Motorola or Verizon understood the issues at play. I needed VOIP because I don't get a good CDMA signal at my house but fortunately I get a great Verizon signal. Still when I switched to a post paid account I assumed I would also be receiving wifi calling which obviously isn't the case. The phone is capable of it, Google's dialer supports it. Only because of Verizon's policy of blocking wifi calling on cheaper unlocked phones is the only reason it doesn't work. Pure greed. They need to enable the feature on unlocked Stylus and other phones like the Power. It's not right what they are doing and also Motorola doesn't warn you at all that you lose these features if you use a carrier like Verizon. This situation really needs to be corrected specially since the next Stylus will only be available as unlocked. Does that mean it will only have wifi calling with less restrictive carriers? I'm gonna give both Verizon and Motorola technical support a call tomorrow but in the meantime I'm considering cloning my mom's phone to mine to see if I can get the feature to work on an "unlocked" phone. I don't need the feature personally I find it very irritating that they block it on less expensive phones and then both Motorola and Verizon lie their asses off about why it doesn't work.

Options

30 Posts

08-30-2020

US

43 Signins

255 Page Views

• Message 15 of 21

2021-01-09, 9:54 AM

The only unlocked phones I know of that verizon doesn't block out wifi calling are iphones, google pixels, and Samsung.  Unless Verizon allows it I doubt the new Motorola's coming out will have wifi calling either.  I'm not sure about at&t but I know tmobile doesn't block out features on unlocked phones most of the time.

Options

12022 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1195 Signins

162330 Page Views

• Views: 162330
  • Message 16 of 21

2021-01-12, 20:42 PM

Hello here, unfortunately, like I previously mentioned, a retail Moto G Stylus does not support Wi-Fi calling on Verizon network.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Click the thumbs up button to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

3 Posts

11-27-2020

US

6 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 17 of 21

2021-01-12, 21:07 PM

Well I hear what you say.. but this is TOTALLY WRONG!!!!! there is absolutely no reason other than greed why the MOTO G( should not have WiFi calling.  Motorola needs to either fix this or refund every ones money that took them at their word that the phone was 100% compatible to the Verizon network!  Phones that were bought directly from Verizon work!!!! phones that were bough fro Motorola are not... go figure?

Options

3810 Posts

02-11-2016

US

3173 Signins

66021 Page Views

• Views: 66021
  • Message 18 of 21

2021-01-14, 14:47 PM

Hello everyone. We hear you and take your feedback seriously and we will make sure it's heard. This is not a decision we (Moto) have control over when it comes to unlocked devices. It's completely up to the carrier which unlocked models they allow to use advanced calling features.

Compatible means the phone will work on the network (Calls, SMS/MMS, Data). In the past, even VoLTE was hit or miss on carriers. Now, VoLTE is a requirement on most carriers for activation so it is essentially a requirement now to be considered compatible. As for VoWiFI and Video Calling, those are advanced features that require the carrier to allow on an unlocked model. This isn't limited to Verizon. AT&T imposes the same limitations for advanced calling features on unlocked models. Currently, the only carrier allowing VoWiFi on most unlocked models is T-Mobile. 

I hope you understand.

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

30 Posts

08-30-2020

US

43 Signins

255 Page Views

• Message 19 of 21

2021-01-14, 19:58 PM

Dear Tom,

I completely understand it's the carriers fault and not Motorola as I've dealt with it before on non Motorola unlocked phones.  

However, Verizon and AT&T allow volte and wifi calling on all unlocked iphones, google pixel phones, and most samsung phones.  That is discrimination and it is not right to other US phone manufacturers who may lose sales due to this.  if I were the CEO of an excluded phone manufacturer I would absolutely file a law suit or a complaint with the FCC against Verizon and AT&T, I think Motorola should consider that.  Just my two cents, take care!

Options

3 Posts

11-27-2020

US

6 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 20 of 21

2021-01-14, 20:18 PM

Well, I have talked with verizon..and they lay the blame solely on Motorola!  seems that no one wants to admit its them!  For me I live in an area that has marginal phone service no matter the carrier.. supposed to be able to get a a service "extender" but in reality this too is a figment of the imagination.  Living close to Lake Ontario my options are to put up with it being a marginal area or even end up taking hits with the Canadian carrier option where their service overwhelms the American providers system even though they are much further away.  Seems that Verizon blames Motorola and vice versa.. As the user JUST FIX THE PROBLEM!!!!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms