Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G Phonesmoto g stylus / moto g pro
All Forum Topics
Options

14 Posts

02-22-2018

United States of America

14 Signins

67 Page Views

• Views: 67
  • Message 1 of 18

No LTE after update

2020-11-25, 23:19 PM

Immediately after installing update on moto g stylus, no more LTE.  Checked the version -- it says it is Android 10, version CPR30.80-58-8-3, Security patch level September 1, 2020. Phone will connect only to 3G, and connection is kind of spotty (e.g. it can't play a song off Spotify without dropping out). 

I'm using Tello for service, which uses the Sprint network. Phone and service had been working without any problems since purchasing the phone in April. 

I've tried updating the carrier PRL, that didn't do anything. I've tried updating the Profile and it does not succeed. I've restarted the phone many times. 

Please help! Thanks, -Mike

Answer
Options

1 Posts

12-16-2020

United States of America

2 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15

Re:No LTE after update

2020-12-16, 2:22 AM

I have a new Moto G Stylus that was having this same issue on Tello. After lots of messing around, what finally fixed it was simply going into the APN page, resetting everything to default via the three dot menu, then creating one new entry called "Tello" and simply setting the APN to "r.mi.ispsn"- no other settings changed. Once that was entered and saved, select that APN (click the dot to the right of it in the list of APNs). I set my phone down after doing that with the intention of doing a full reset of the carrier, PRL, etc. but when I checked my phone about 10 minutes later I had LTE! Worth a shot. You'll note the default APN is "n.mi.ispsn" and the new one needs to be "r.mi.ispsn"

Replies(17)
Options

4519 Posts

03-11-2019

United States of America

782 Signins

62255 Page Views

• Views: 62255
  • Message 2 of 18

2020-11-26, 16:16 PM

Hi hoipolloi,

Thanks for reaching out to us with your concern. Please update your profile with current phone, carrier and IMEI -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the Thumbs up icon on the bottom right thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

14 Posts

02-22-2018

United States of America

14 Signins

67 Page Views

• Views: 67
  • Message 3 of 18

2020-11-26, 17:47 PM

Thanks. Profile is updated.

Options

4519 Posts

03-11-2019

United States of America

782 Signins

62255 Page Views

• Message 4 of 18

2020-11-26, 21:23 PM

@ hoipolloi wrote:

Thanks. Profile is updated.

Thank you for updating your profile. We will look into this and check if this is with our team. Since some of our team is not available during the holidays it might take a while before we can provide an update. 

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the Thumbs up icon on the bottom right thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

4 Posts

11-27-2020

United States of America

7 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 5 of 18

2020-11-27, 3:08 AM

We are having the exact same issue in our house since the Update yesterday.  We also use Tello and have Moto G Stylus.  I entered our IMEI numbers into my profile. 

When we switched to the Moto G Stylus we were told that we needed to create a new APN called internet with APN= r.mi.ispsn.  After the update the APN changed out.  Where before we had 5 or 6 options, now we have only 2.  We are unable to select either of the APNs.  One is called internet, but with a different APN.  If you select either of the APN it does not save.  When you exit the screen, and then return, both APN are unselected.

Thank you for any help that you can give.

Jim

Options

4519 Posts

03-11-2019

United States of America

782 Signins

62255 Page Views

• Message 6 of 18

2020-11-27, 14:59 PM

@ vlf4230 wrote:

We are having the exact same issue in our house since the Update yesterday.  We also use Tello and have Moto G Stylus.  I entered our IMEI numbers into my profile. 

When we switched to the Moto G Stylus we were told that we needed to create a new APN called internet with APN= r.mi.ispsn.  After the update the APN changed out.  Where before we had 5 or 6 options, now we have only 2.  We are unable to select either of the APNs.  One is called internet, but with a different APN.  If you select either of the APN it does not save.  When you exit the screen, and then return, both APN are unselected.

Thank you for any help that you can give.

Jim

Thanks for updating your profile. We're looking into this. We'll get back to you as soon as we have information we can share. 

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Options

4 Posts

11-27-2020

United States of America

7 Signins

35 Page Views

• Message 7 of 18

2020-12-05, 19:40 PM

Any update.  The only thing I have been told is that it is with all 2020 Motorola phones and Sprint.  It has been almost 2 weeks.

Options

4519 Posts

03-11-2019

United States of America

782 Signins

62255 Page Views

• Message 8 of 18

2020-12-07, 19:42 PM

@ vlf4230 wrote:

Any update.  The only thing I have been told is that it is with all 2020 Motorola phones and Sprint.  It has been almost 2 weeks.

Try resetting your APN settings by following these steps: Settings > Network and Internet > mobile Networks > Access Point Names > Advanced > Menu/3dot > Reset APN settings/Reset to Default. Please let me know how it goes. 

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Options

8 Posts

10-09-2020

United States of America

24 Signins

135 Page Views

• Views: 135
  • Message 9 of 18

2020-12-09, 7:11 AM

Hi. I'm having the exact same issues. I have a Moto G Stylus that I was able to make work before by changing the APN Settings but now I'm completely unable to do so after the last update. I have already tried resetting the carrier, the network settings, and the default APN settings.

I believe that before the update my default APNs were "Sprint" (cinet.spcs), "Sprint" (mmm_over_wifi), and "ota" (otasn). After the update, those seem to have completely changed.

Now my default APNs are "internet" (n.mi.ispsn) and "pam" (mi.pamsn), and I'm completely unable to either check/enable one of those or simply create and save my own APN setting. 

Options

4 Posts

11-27-2020

United States of America

7 Signins

35 Page Views

• Message 10 of 18

2020-12-09, 15:16 PM

Zeke, no difference that I can tell.

I reset the APN per your instructions.  I tried it both while on WiFi and on Mobile (which is still only 3G).  Mobile still only works as 3G

I tried it with and without restarting the phone after resetting the APN.

We have the same 2 APN as semur01 listed.  Neither one is selected.  If I try selecting one of them it deselects at some point after leaving that screen.

The Preferred Network Type is set to LTE, but when off of WiFi only 3G shows at the top of the phone for connection.

Are the APN correct?  When I have looked online for Tello APN I am seeing something different then what we have currently.

Thanks, Jim

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms