Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G Phonesmoto g stylus / moto g pro
All Forum Topics
Options

42 Posts

10-09-2020

United States of America

47 Signins

270 Page Views

• Views: 270
  • Message 1 of 4

Stylus: Record Last Removal Question

2021-06-09, 13:27 PM

Hello To All!

I hope this note finds everyone well & enjoying this day.

In "Settings - Stylus" there is a feature where, if enabled, the phone will record the last time & location that the stylus pen was removed from the phone. It's potentially a very handy feature. But, for me, not so much. I don't have a data plan, so only if the phone is on WiFi, it will record the time & location that the stylus was last removed. It is accurate to the street address level.

Since I don't have a data plan, if the phone is away from WiFi and the stylus is removed, the application will show the last removal as the next place that the phone connects to WiFi.

Example: If I remove the stylus in the grocery store (no WiFi) and lose it, then return to home where there is WiFi, the application will show that the last removal was at my house.

Is there a setting somewhere to allow the phone or the Moto Apps to use GPS for this?

I realize inside the grocery it won't see GPS, but when I go outside it will record that location. (Close enough)

Thanks For Helping me use this (eventual) money saving feature!

Paul

Options

4379 Posts

03-11-2019

United States of America

773 Signins

61315 Page Views

• Views: 61315
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:Stylus: Record Last Removal Question

2021-06-09, 15:30 PM

Hi PGB1213,

We appreciate you posting here. In the current state it is not possible to use only the GPS when tracking the last time the Stylus is pulled out of the phone.  We cannot guarantee that we will implement this in a future update but we will pass your feedback to our team. 

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the Thumbs up icon on the bottom right thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

42 Posts

10-09-2020

United States of America

47 Signins

270 Page Views

• Views: 270
  • Message 3 of 4

2021-06-10, 11:59 AM

Thank You Agent_Zeke for taking time to reply & for passing the feedback to your team. 

It would be a good addition to the application to let GPS record the last removal.

Thanks Again!

Paul

Options

4379 Posts

03-11-2019

United States of America

773 Signins

61315 Page Views

• Views: 61315
  • Message 4 of 4

2021-06-10, 15:52 PM

Hi PGB1213,

You're very much welcome! Please don't hesitate to post again in case you have some questions or need further assistance.

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the Thumbs up icon on the bottom right thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms