AF

1 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 1 of 6

Stylus pens last known location not recording accurate coordinates

2020-08-13, 16:12 PM

Hello,

I noticed that when I remove the stylus pen. Your software is supposed to record the last known location of where it was removed. When I attempt to open this coordinates in Google Maps, they are not valid longitude and latitude coordinates. Therefore I am unable to see the last location where the stylus pen was removed. I provided a picture of the app, and how it shows last known location to be; -118.08,33.91

But when attempting to use this location in Google maps it doesn't bring up anything.

Is this a coding error?

Screenshot_20200813-083357.png
Options

Re:Stylus pens last known location not recording accurate coordinates

2020-08-13, 19:22 PM

Google maps need a different format I think.
Tested my stylus location and it was accurate.
Your screenshot shows location as Norwalk, CA 90650.
If that's incorrect, maybe you're using a VPN?
Try inputting at https://www.latlong.net/Show-Latitude-Longitude.html

Options

1 Posts

08-13-2020

AF

1 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 3 of 6

2020-08-13, 23:12 PM

Okay you're right about the format working on the website you gave me.

But unfortunately that doesn't help me find the stylist. If it's somewhere in the city of Norwalk that's a pretty big area.

Also with Android it defaults to want to go to Google maps when you select the last known location.

Is there a way to switch the location format to one that Google maps would understand being that that's the app that comes default on the phone. This way the app can drop a pin on the map of where the last known location was.

To my understanding this is how I expected the app to work. The whole point of the app is to help you find the stylus pen if you have misplaced it.

Right now the app is not user-friendly being that none of the pre-installed map applications are able to understand the location the stylist app is giving.

Options

2020-08-14, 7:59 AM

Looking at this more carefully, your location as per screenshot points to an area between Front Street and Foster Road.
I enabled GMaps on my phone to test and mine took me to my house so very accurate working solely with GPS.

Maybe you need to test your location services or accuracy. Does it work well for "Find My Device"? You can install a GPS tester app to check how many satellites detected and distance accuracy (I usually get about fifteen feet which is good enough).

I think the Moto Note app is fine. Location service can be tweaked, worth investigating if you depend on its accuracy.

Options

1896 Posts

03-11-2019

US

588 Signins

41795 Page Views

• Views: 41795
  • Message 5 of 6

2020-08-14, 15:59 PM

Hi FrankDWright,

I definitely would like to help you with this. It looks like the phone is showing the Latitude and Longitude backwards where it is supposed to be 33.91,-118.08. That maybe the reason why it won't work on Google Maps. We also escalated your concern to our team to have it checked. We'll let you know if there is an update.

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

10379 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1109 Signins

149508 Page Views

• Views: 149508
  • Message 6 of 6

2020-08-20, 14:31 PM

Hi FrankDWright,

We have raised this and we will have improvements regarding this in future updates. Please let us know if you need further assistance. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete