Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G Phonesmoto g stylus / moto g pro
All Forum Topics
Options

5 Posts

12-03-2014

United States of America

7 Signins

159 Page Views

• Views: 159
  • Message 1 of 6

Moto G Stylus - Format SD Card as internal

2020-05-02, 21:16 PM
Hello, for the life of me, I'm struggling to format a brand new micro SD card as internal storage on a Moto G Stylus. I cannot find this option and I cannot find ANY articles on how to do it. Please help. Thank you.
Options

Re:Moto G Stylus - Format SD Card as internal

2020-05-03, 10:01 AM

It's usually Phone Settings> Storage > and find the Storage settings within this section.

Note once an SD card has been formatted as Internal around the same section you need to use the,"Migrate" option so it moves apps it can to it.

Also even if your File manager shows an SD card you no longer have and SD card as far as the phone is concerned as it's part of the phone now. The SD card cannot now be removed from the phone without fear of loss of data.

If at all possible use better data management/housekeeping and keep the SD card as,"Portable" as I don't trust,"Adoptive Memory" use of SD cards.

HTH :)

Options

5 Posts

12-03-2014

United States of America

7 Signins

159 Page Views

• Views: 159
  • Message 3 of 6

2020-05-03, 10:53 AM
I cannot find the option to format as internal. I've done it many times on other moto phones, but it is either very well hidden on this one, or not available at all.
Options

14293 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1313 Signins

178190 Page Views

• Views: 178190
  • Message 4 of 6

2020-05-04, 12:48 PM

Hi indychamp1,

Thanks for posting. Usually, formatting the SD card as internal can be shown in the Settings > Storage > SD card > Format and/or Format as Internal. I don't see an option to format the SD card as internal. Please refer to this link for more information. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Click the thumbs up button to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

2 Posts

02-14-2021

United States of America

1 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 5 of 6

2021-02-14, 18:13 PM

Android 9 there is this option, but after upgrading to Android 10 this option is gone... I have tried many times the option as setting to internal memory is just not there... :-(

Options

4519 Posts

03-11-2019

United States of America

782 Signins

62255 Page Views

• Views: 62255
  • Message 6 of 6

2021-02-15, 19:11 PM

@ AntonyAXJL wrote:

Android 9 there is this option, but after upgrading to Android 10 this option is gone... I have tried many times the option as setting to internal memory is just not there... :-(

The Moto G Stylus was released with Android 10. Can you please confirm the exact model of your phone? Please update your profile with current phone, carrier and IMEI -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the Thumbs up icon on the bottom right thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms