Options

15 Posts

05-13-2020

US

8 Signins

95 Page Views

• Views: 95
  • Message 21 of 22

Re:how do I transfer files, especially video, to an external usb-c thumb drive?

2020-05-22, 2:50 AM

Thanks Motorola Tom...  I think that other data transfer options besides the USB port need to be explored.  Maybe ask these too?

1. Wifi transfer via local LAN.  What is the maximum throughput for large file transfers that the phone is capable of transmitting via wifi?

2. Transfer to internal MicroSD card and then use that to transfer to computer.... Biggest issue here is that you will probably eventually break the tray or screw up the contacts inside the phone if you pull this tray in and out too much......  What is the maximum speed of sustained transfer the phone can do to a MicroSD card?

Thanks...

Options

9635 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1069 Signins

143608 Page Views

• Views: 143608
  • Message 22 of 22

Re:how do I transfer files, especially video, to an external usb-c thumb drive?

2020-06-03, 14:57 PM

Hi PatrickRio,

I apologize for the wait. We just got an update on this. Our testing with SanDisk and Samsung 32GB U3 SDR50/SDR104 Cards = WRITE: 36MB/s (Avg) w/Max 55MB/s, READ: 58MB/s (AVG) w/Max 75MB/s. Note that this is dependent on user's SD Card.

As for the WiFi, the phone supports WiFi 2.4G/5G (802.11ac), so maximum WiFi throughput is 433MB/s.

Let us know if that helps. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete