Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Unlockable PhonesMOTOROLA Android Developer Community
All Forum Topics
Options

5 Posts

04-26-2021

India

5 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 1 of 3

What built-in packages are safe to disable?

2021-05-02, 4:50 AM

Hello,

My device is "Moto G10 Power"('XT2127-4'),

And I would like to know that what all packages are safe to disable using ADB, as mentioned here.

For example, when i disable "Google Play Services", then "Device Health Services" gets disturbed and periodically  notifies with "Device Health Services won't work without Google Play Services".

And also does the Android Settings app use "Device Health Services" to estimate the battery time left?

Note: Google Play Services or GMS = 'com.google.android.gms', and

Device Health Services = 'com.google.android.apps.turbo'

It would be better for the answer to get confirmed by some engineer before being posted.

Thank you...

Options

3819 Posts

03-11-2019

United States of America

737 Signins

57380 Page Views

• Views: 57380
  • Message 2 of 3

Re:What built-in packages are safe to disable?

2021-05-02, 17:00 PM

Hi Winol,

Thanks for posting your questions here. We can forward your questions to our engineering team and we will let you know if we heard back from them. 

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the Thumbs up icon on the bottom right thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

5062 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3293 Signins

75246 Page Views

• Views: 75246
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:What built-in packages are safe to disable?

2021-05-03, 21:34 PM

@ Winol wrote:

Hello,

My device is "Moto G10 Power"('-4'),

And I would like to know that what all packages are safe to disable using ADB, as mentioned here.

For example, when i disable "Google Play Services", then "Device Health Services" gets disturbed and periodically  notifies with "Device Health Services won' work without Google Play Services".

And also does the Android Settings app use "Device Health Services" to estimate the battery time left?

Note: Google Play Services or GMS = '.google.android.gms', and

Device Health Services = '.google.android.apps.turbo'

It would be better for the answer to get confirmed by some engineer before being posted.

Thank you...

Hello, this is not something we can help with or recommend on. I will be moving this topic to our developer community. Other users there might be able to assist further with your questions. However, keep in mind XDA that you linked to would likely be a better place to get these types of questions answered.

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms