Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G Phonesmoto g10 / moto g10 power
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

06-15-2020

United States of America

3 Signins

50 Page Views

• Views: 50
  • Message 1 of 5

alarm not functioning

2021-06-10, 0:09 AM

I can get the alarm to work properly about 5 minutes later after setting it, but it's not working at all when set for the morning.

Options

5712 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3336 Signins

79011 Page Views

• Views: 79011
  • Message 2 of 5

Re:alarm not functioning

2021-06-10, 16:50 PM

@ hcbury wrote:

I can get the alarm to work properly about 5 minutes later after setting it, but it' not working at all when set for the morning.

Hello and thanks for posting. That's very strange, and I'm sure a huge hassle, especially if you rely on an alarm to get you up on time in the morning. First, I have to ask, are you using any 3rd party alarm clock apps or are you setting the alarm in the stock Clock application? Does this happen every morning or how many times has it happened? Finally, can you make sure your forum profile is updated with the current IMEI or SN from your device. ALso, please let me know if it's ok to look at some things from my end.

Thanks,

Tom

Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

3 Posts

06-15-2020

United States of America

3 Signins

50 Page Views

• Message 3 of 5

2021-06-12, 21:24 PM

First, it's now working.  The thing that may have done the trick was to clear the cache of the clock app ( but it was a new phone...)  I also did a soft reset.  Wish that I had done one or the other to better help the data base of information, but my wife (her phone, but she wants me to take care of such) was about to give up. 

Answer to your q's: we are using the stock clock app and it was happening all the time.....however when we would try something new to see if it worked, we would set the alarm for maybe 5 minutes later for a test and it would always work.   But then the next morning, not go off.

The happy ending is that it has now worked for 4-5 days consecutively!

I appreciate your willingness to help...best wishes. 

Options

3 Posts

06-15-2020

United States of America

3 Signins

50 Page Views

• Message 4 of 5

2021-06-12, 21:26 PM
forgot to add that I did as suggested, completed the profile for her phone and mine.
Options

5712 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3336 Signins

79011 Page Views

• Views: 79011
  • Message 5 of 5

2021-06-14, 21:43 PM

@ hcbury wrote:

First, it' now working.  The thing that may have done the trick was to clear the cache of the clock app ( but it was a new phone...)  I also did a soft reset.  Wish that I had done one or the other to better help the data base of information, but my wife (her phone, but she wants me to take care of such) was about to give up. 

Answer to your q': we are using the stock clock app and it was happening all the time.....however when we would try something new to see if it worked, we would set the alarm for maybe 5 minutes later for a test and it would always work.   But then the next morning, not go off.

The happy ending is that it has now worked for 4-5 days consecutively!

I appreciate your willingness to help...best wishes. 

This is great to hear. I'm not shocked to see that clearing the cache of the clock app helped. Especially on a new device and if you restored from another phone when you went through the setup wizard. Some weird settings and things can get migrated by Google and cause issues. Glad you figured it out. Please keep me updated. I'll be here to help if you ever need help again in the future.

Thanks,

Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms