Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G Phonesmoto g100
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

07-08-2014

United States

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 11 of 81

Re:External Microphone Problem

2021-09-08, 1:53 AM

I have the Moto G stylus 2020.  I have test multiple external mics (mainly the Rode Wireless Go) using the TSSR jack with 1) Motorola stock camera/video app, 2) open camera and 3) manual camera pro apps Not one external external microphone will work and record audio while recording video, even though OC and MC setting are configured for external mics.  When I use my cheap Maxell inline earphones w/mic that I got from Walmart for $9, the inline mic works with all three apps. This is very disappointing and a game changer for future phone usage it will not allow an external mic.   

Options

44 Posts

08-26-2021

Brazil

47 Signins

570 Page Views

• Views: 570
  • Message 12 of 81

2021-09-08, 2:01 AM

Deactivating Google Assistant the wired external microphone works fine (weird) but bluetooth still doesn't working.

Viewing other forums, other phones with Android 11 facing the same problem after updating the security patch. Some Samsungs and even Xiaomis facing this issue. I believe some software issue crashing the bluetooth hardware.

Options

2 Posts

07-08-2014

United States

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 13 of 81

2021-09-08, 2:51 AM
How do you deactivate google assistant? I would like to test this on my phone.
Options

44 Posts

08-26-2021

Brazil

47 Signins

570 Page Views

• Views: 570
  • Message 14 of 81

2021-09-14, 18:58 PM
On your Android phone or tablet, say "Hey Google, open Assistant settings." Under "All settings," tap General. Turn Google Assistant on or off.
Options

26 Posts

08-17-2021

Germany

18 Signins

150 Page Views

• Views: 150
  • Message 15 of 81

2021-09-22, 17:20 PM

Hello,

I face the same problem..

Video with external mic is always recording via internal mic

I have Rode Lavalier attached to Rode Wireless RX/TX, I see the signal coming in on the RX, which is plugged into the G100.

I tried different settings in app, original camera app and Manual Camera Pro app.

It seems it's always the internal mic that is used. I have adapter Rode TRS to TRRS, no changes...

I tried all combinations and waisted 2 hours of work time.

Tomorrow I have a recording and do need the wireless mic solution.

Everything works fine on my G6s plus ...

Could you please advise? No I need a solution no querstions for new "tests"...

It seems it is no user fault as I have found different threads with exactly the same or similar problems.

Having the last "Android update/t-mobile"-bug still on my mind and my brand new  Lenovo P15s workstation unusable since nearly 6 weeks(!), I might have to admit, that we need to give this device back and start reusing our older, but reliable Apple hardware...never had such problems before with Lenovo like the last 6 weeks with all the brand new stuff...

Please provide a solution asap... 

Cheers from germany.

Options

7254 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3453 Signins

88816 Page Views

• Views: 88816
  • Message 16 of 81

2021-09-22, 20:02 PM

@ SAB GmbH wrote:

Hello,

I face the same problem..

Video with external mic is always recording via internal mic

I have Rode Lavalier attached to Rode Wireless RX/TX, I see the signal coming in on the RX, which is plugged into the G100.

I tried different settings in app, original camera app and Manual Camera Pro app.

It seems it's always the internal mic that is used. I have adapter Rode TRS to TRRS, no changes...

I tried all combinations and waisted 2 hours of work time.

Tomorrow I have a recording and do need the wireless mic solution.

Everything works fine on my G6s plus ...

Could you please advise? No I need a solution no querstions for new "tests"...

It seems it is no user fault as I have found different threads with exactly the same or similar problems.

Having the last "Android update/t-mobile"-bug still on my mind and my brand new  Lenovo P15s workstation unusable since nearly 6 weeks(!), I might have to admit, that we need to give this device back and start reusing our older, but reliable Apple hardware...never had such problems before with Lenovo like the last 6 weeks with all the brand new stuff...

Please provide a solution asap... 

Cheers from germany.

I'm truly sorry to see you having issues with so many products. I can have someone reach out to you regarding the P15s workstation if you'd like. Sorry I can't help much there. Just let me know.

As for this external mic issue. It seems like everyone here is using the same Rode wireless products. I'd like to get a bug report. Go ahead and reconnect everything and attempt to use it. When it doesn't work please generate a bug report. I'll then get everything over to our engineers to be reviewed. I can't promise anything, but I'll let you know what I find out. Steps for generating a bug report are below.

1. Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number 7 times on the build number to go into the developer options mode]
2. After the above steps Developer options will be enabled.
3. Go to Settings ->System -> Advanced -> Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On
4. Enable Settings -> System -> Advanced -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
5. Once the issue is reproduced, Go to Settings -> System -> Advanced -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power-down menu.
6. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
7. Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the bug report on the forums in a reply.
8. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the time that you observed the behavior in local time.

Thanks,

Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

22 Posts

02-12-2019

Germany

22 Signins

110 Page Views

• Views: 110
  • Message 17 of 81

2021-09-23, 7:32 AM

Hey Tom, 

this problem is not only with rode wireless go microphones. with every 3,5mm trss device like wired headsets, wired lavalier microphones from rode and noname-brands, with video microphones like rode video mic and rollei mini and noname-brands. 

only a very cheap headset from the Nokia 5.4 from a family-member will work sometimes, but with very bad sound.

it is a hardware problem on the g100! 

now my device is at Ingram data repair, after Motorola Germany has opened a ticket. it stays there since a few days, I have no actual status of the repair process. so I must wait.

Michael

Options

26 Posts

08-17-2021

Germany

18 Signins

150 Page Views

• Message 18 of 81

2021-09-23, 7:41 AM

Hello Michael,

thank you for the information, I just tried again different Mics I have here and can confirm, that non of the ones I attached is working, it's always choosing the standard mic.

Why does it even show the options of choosing different mics, if the soft-/hardware is not capable...

Danke für die Info, spart mir Zeit und Nerven.

Aktuelle Hardware von Motorola/Lenovo kann ich wirklich nicht mehr empfehlen, obwohl ich die letzten Jahre die komplette Familie mit Moto G Handys ausgestattet habe, da war bisher noch nie so ein Problem, beim letzten Update war das G100 komplett tot weil die T-mobile Karte das System zum crashen gebracht hatte, siehe andere Thema von vor paar Wochen...

Options

22 Posts

02-12-2019

Germany

22 Signins

110 Page Views

• Views: 110
  • Message 19 of 81

2021-09-23, 7:51 AM
Same here. And Max g100 has also a big Camera bug. All zoom photos are overexposed a few seconds After saving them. In preview and the thumbnail all is Fine and exposure is right. Few seconds later the exposure changes. But only in moto Camera App. KI on and Off hast noch effect. Only in pro modus everything works fine.
Options

26 Posts

08-17-2021

Germany

18 Signins

150 Page Views

• Message 20 of 81

2021-09-23, 8:01 AM

WOW thank you...

I have found even more bugs, but can't say what is causing it.

Timelapses/Hyperlapses done with the Osmo Mobile 3/Mimo App corrupt the video files and they turn green during saving to the internal drive.

Workaround is to use only the gimbal as stabilizer and use the 3rd party video app for the actual recording.

The issue with the overexposure, might be manageable with a firmware update, Nikon had a similar problem when switching from FX to DX mode (it's like zooming more or less)...

BTW I checked the FW update section for the critical FW updates only in the laptop section here ... man, we're all beta testers...

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms