Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G Phonesmoto g100
All Forum Topics
Options

26 Posts

08-17-2021

Germany

18 Signins

150 Page Views

• Views: 150
  • Message 21 of 81

Re:External Microphone Problem

2021-09-23, 8:08 AM

@MotorolaTom  

If I attach the Lavalier directly the Google Assistant pops up. But the signal is not transfered from the mic to the software, it still uses the mic that sits inbetween the camera lenses...

You might want to try yourself, I guess you have the hardware to verify yourself.

It would be great if you could let us know if your device works propperly, so we can send our devices in for repair.

Otherwise we end up with no devices and no repair possibility.

Just to be clear: this is absolutely not acceptable.

Options

22 Posts

02-12-2019

Germany

22 Signins

110 Page Views

• Views: 110
  • Message 22 of 81

2021-09-23, 8:24 AM
I think its a bug at some devices or a complete charge. the Motorola Germany service tested it with a g100 device and they said all works fine.
Options

26 Posts

08-17-2021

Germany

18 Signins

150 Page Views

• Message 23 of 81

2021-09-23, 8:49 AM
I've sent you a PM, if you don't mind could you please send me the service ticket and the contact detaius of your support "mann" ... maybe they can check if my IMEI is one of the bad batch... that would speed up things a lot on my side.
Options

7247 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3452 Signins

88786 Page Views

• Views: 88786
  • Message 24 of 81

2021-09-23, 19:25 PM

@ SAB GmbH wrote:

@MotorolaTom  

If I attach the Lavalier directly the Google Assistant pops up. But the signal is not transfered from the mic to the software, it still uses the mic that sits inbetween the camera lenses...

You might want to try yourself, I guess you have the hardware to verify yourself.

It would be great if you could let us know if your device works propperly, so we can send our devices in for repair.

Otherwise we end up with no devices and no repair possibility.

Just to be clear: this is absolutely not acceptable.

Thanks for the info. As I mentioned back on the first page: https://forums.lenovo.com/topic/findpost/15141/5084737/5366045 I've tested this with at least headsets with in-line mics and not had an issue. I did have problems with one 3.5mm headset from AKG, but that's not isolated to the G100. That being said, I don't have a standalone mic or a TRS/TRRS adapter to test with. I can only confirm from my own testing that in-line mics work fine with the stock camera app as well as phone calls. Could this be a bug specific to your unit, absolutely, but the fact that multiple of you are facing the same issue leads me to believe it's something else. Plus the fact that it appears you're all using accessories from Rode. You're more than welcome to try going through repair, but I'd still like to get a bug report when you encounter connection issues with the external mic.

Thanks,

Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

22 Posts

02-12-2019

Germany

22 Signins

110 Page Views

• Message 25 of 81

2021-09-23, 19:29 PM

Hey Tom, again: Not only wirh Rode microhones. Also other brands!

Options

7247 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3452 Signins

88786 Page Views

• Views: 88786
  • Message 26 of 81

2021-09-23, 19:34 PM

@ morgenmicha wrote:

Hey Tom, again: Not only wirh Rode microhones. Also other brands!

I Understand, but all of those have been with the use of TRRS/TRS adapters, and not with headphones/headsets with in-line mic? Correct?

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

44 Posts

08-26-2021

Brazil

47 Signins

570 Page Views

• Views: 570
  • Message 27 of 81

2021-09-23, 19:40 PM
Disabling Google Assistant the external wired microphone will work properly
Options

22 Posts

02-12-2019

Germany

22 Signins

110 Page Views

• Message 28 of 81

2021-09-23, 19:43 PM
How can i do that?
Options

22 Posts

02-12-2019

Germany

22 Signins

110 Page Views

• Message 29 of 81

2021-09-23, 19:51 PM

Headphone normaly comes with trs and Headset with trrs, Right? So microphones wird trrs are the Same like headsets i think. 

Options

26 Posts

08-17-2021

Germany

18 Signins

150 Page Views

• Message 30 of 81

2021-09-24, 7:00 AM

@Duagis ... my Google Assistant was not turned on.

It popped up when I tried to plug in the external microphone the first time, this was afetr troubleshooting...

Even with the built in Testmode, thanks to @morgenmicha showed clearly that the external mic is not responsive...

----------

Starten Sie die Telefon-App und wählen Sie ***Removed***. Nach ein paar Sekunden sollte das QCATest-Menü erscheinen. Wählen Sie "Zulassen" für alle Berechtigungen für diese App, wenn Sie dazu aufgefordert werden.
- Wählen Sie Menümodus > Audio
- Wählen Sie Aufnahme und Wiedergabe
- Wählen Sie Headset-Mikrofon aus der Dropdown-Liste. Lassen Sie das Ausgabefeld deaktiviert, damit es standardmäßig auf den Lautsprecher eingestellt ist. Wählen Sie dann Aufnahme starten, um Testaudio aufzunehmen, wählen Sie Aufnahme stoppen und Aufnahme wiedergeben. Wenn die Aufnahme erfolgreich war, sollten Sie die Audiowiedergabe über den Lautsprecher hören

-----------

Start the phone app and dial **Removed***. After a few seconds the QCATest menu should appear. 
Select "Allow" for all permissions for this app when prompted.- Select Menu mode> Audio- Select record and play- Select Headset-Microphone from the drop-down list. Leave the output field deactivated so that it is set to the loudspeaker by default.
Then select Start Recording to record test audio, select Stop Recording and Play Recording. If the recording is successful,
you should hear the audio playing through the speaker

----------

^^this is a great tool, I don't know why noone seems to use it from the support? This is like the first thing you should give your customers for troubleshooting, that QCA is a powerfull tool to test all the hardware!

--------------

HEREBY I CAN CONFIRM THAT GOOGLE ASSISTANT HAS NO EFFECT USING THE EXTERNAL MIC DURING VIDEO RECORDING ON MOTO moto g(6)plus ANDROID 9
IT RECORDS VIDEO IN MANUAL CAMERA PRO APP EXACTLY WITH THE MIC I CHOOSE IN THE SETTINGS OF THE APP, ASSISTANT ON/OFF HAS NO EFFECT

My G100 went straight back to T-mobile and I will receive a brandnew unit.

I WILL LET YOU ALL KNOW IF ANDOID 11 ON THE G100 AND GOOGLE ASSISTANT INTERFERE DURING VIDEO RECORDING AS SOON AS I RECEIVE THE NEW UNIT
THIS WOULD BE A GOOD NEWS FOR ALL OF US

***Admin removed. We do not allow sharing dial codes to hidden menus***
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms