Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G Phonesmoto g100
All Forum Topics
Options

7254 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3453 Signins

88816 Page Views

• Views: 88816
  • Message 31 of 81

Re:External Microphone Problem

2021-09-24, 17:11 PM

All, I truly appreciate you helping each other to find workarounds. However, we don't allow dial codes to hidden menus. That being said you're more than welcome to take that conversation to private messages. That being said, in order for me to escalate this properly, I'll need a bug report when the issues occur.

Thanks,

Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

22 Posts

02-12-2019

Germany

22 Signins

110 Page Views

• Views: 110
  • Message 32 of 81

2021-09-24, 17:26 PM

ok. thank you for that advice. but the dial code was official answer of motorola support germany to my reported bug...

Options

26 Posts

08-17-2021

Germany

18 Signins

150 Page Views

• Views: 150
  • Message 33 of 81

2021-09-30, 10:02 AM

So.... the new G100 arrived and after having 3 days of updates/Google account installing Apps (? never had this issue)... 

Android 11

Security update 1st July 2021

Google Play update 1st August 2021

RRTS31-Q1-84-24-1-2

External microphone works flawless when selecting "external mic" in Manual Camera Pro App

External mic works no matter if Google assistant is turned on or off in Manual Camera Pro App, as long as you select "external mic" as audio source

External mic does not work with the built in camera app, there is no possibility to decide which mic to be used, no matter if Google assistant is turned on or off

Tested with Rode Lavalier + TRS-2-TRRS Adapter, also tested with Rode Wireless in addition to the Lavalier and TRS-2-TRRS adapter

It seems my device was defective, which already the test mode showed clearly via that hidden dial menu, I still recommend to go through this test as a first try to confirm hardware issues, the second step should be a bug report for the software. It just saves a ton of time.

Options

22 Posts

02-12-2019

Germany

22 Signins

110 Page Views

• Views: 110
  • Message 34 of 81

2021-09-30, 10:10 AM
Oh very interesting. My G100 still is at the motorola service partners factory. since 13 days! no information, nothing. The Motorola Support has also no information... i am very very disappointed.
Options

7254 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3453 Signins

88816 Page Views

• Views: 88816
  • Message 35 of 81

2021-09-30, 21:57 PM

@ SAB GmbH wrote:

So.... the new G100 arrived and after having 3 days of updates/Google account installing Apps (? never had this issue)... 

Android 11

Security update 1st July 2021

Google Play update 1st August 2021

RRTS31-Q1-84-24-1-2

External microphone works flawless when selecting "external mic" in Manual Camera Pro App

External mic works no matter if Google assistant is turned on or off in Manual Camera Pro App, as long as you select "external mic" as audio source

External mic does not work with the built in camera app, there is no possibility to decide which mic to be used, no matter if Google assistant is turned on or off

Tested with Rode Lavalier + TRS-2-TRRS Adapter, also tested with Rode Wireless in addition to the Lavalier and TRS-2-TRRS adapter

It seems my device was defective, which already the test mode showed clearly via that hidden dial menu, I still recommend to go through this test as a first try to confirm hardware issues, the second step should be a bug report for the software. It just saves a ton of time.

This is very good to hear. I'm not happy that you had to go through repair in the first place, but happy that the replacement is working now. Thank you for keeping me updated on the situation.

Thanks,

Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

44 Posts

08-26-2021

Brazil

47 Signins

570 Page Views

• Views: 570
  • Message 36 of 81

2021-09-30, 22:15 PM
Bluetooth mic working?
Options

44 Posts

08-26-2021

Brazil

47 Signins

570 Page Views

• Message 37 of 81

2021-10-01, 7:28 AM
I was reading the Brazilian forum and a lot of users facing the same problem and reading another forums like here, when you get a new device it's working ok. Make me think that the first lot of devices comes with problema and the new ones are.ok. here in Brazil we have a serious problem to use warranty and even the tech support is a mess. Loosing my faith with this brand definitely, the burocracy to use my warranty, the ness with tech support and the gear to leave my device in one of those tech repair live sed by Motorola here (the owner of the store was in prison guess why) everybody got his phone back with terrible problemas like screen falling down and scratches in the body if the device. I'm done, I'm just lost here and this device wasn't cheap, took a lot of money here and facing those problems and no solutions just make me sad after years using this brand. It's hard even to get to the store and change for a new one. Brazil's reality that probably you can't understand but here everything it's very difficult with electronics.
Options

26 Posts

08-17-2021

Germany

18 Signins

150 Page Views

• Views: 150
  • Message 38 of 81

2021-10-01, 12:42 PM

@ Duagis wrote:

I was reading the Brazilian forum and a lot of users facing the same problem and reading another forums like here, when you get a new device it's working ok. Make me think that the first lot of devices comes with problema and the new ones are.ok. here in Brazil we have a serious problem to use warranty and even the tech support is a mess. Loosing my faith with this brand definitely, the burocracy to use my warranty, the ness with tech support and the gear to leave my device in one of those tech repair live sed by Motorola here (the owner of the store was in prison guess why) everybody got his phone back with terrible problemas like screen falling down and scratches in the body if the device.I'm done, I'm just lost here and this device wasn't cheap, took a lot of money here and facing those problems and no solutions just make me sad after years using this brand. It's hard even to get to the store and change for a new one. Brazil's reality that probably you can't understand but here everything it's very difficult with electronics.

I'm sorry to hear...

Here in Europe we are quite safe as consumers as we have strickt laws, what has to be done by the seller/brand.

I think it's some kind of bad batch problem with the phone jack, maybe opening it and checking solder traces would light up some lights.

Nontheless you must have something like guarantee in brazil?

My first thought would be get in touch with the seller, if that doesn't work check with the brand support.

I think the local support is limited.

I hope you'll get your problem sorted.

Options

44 Posts

08-26-2021

Brazil

47 Signins

570 Page Views

• Message 39 of 81

2021-10-01, 15:35 PM

The laws about guarantee here are broken, the sellers do whatever they want and when you put your device at the tech support magically you lost your guarantee because of "bad use" or something else. To try prove the BS a guy just unboxed a brand new.phkne give to the tech support and they told the guy the phone lost his guarantee because if bad use, got water inside and so on... And it's the only Motorola's licensed tech support here. Cool eh?

And the support here by phone is a bad joke. 

Options

44 Posts

08-26-2021

Brazil

47 Signins

570 Page Views

• Message 40 of 81

2021-10-01, 20:15 PM

Just FYI, I just reflashed my g100 from scratch, old ROM and just worked fine. Not installed anything else just a clean installation and voi la, workout like a charm and guess what?

The phone downloaded the updates and google updates security updates and done... External microphone doesn't work anymore... SMH

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms