Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G Phonesmoto g100
All Forum Topics
Options

2738 Posts

11-24-2020

India

253 Signins

27775 Page Views

• Views: 27775
  • Message 51 of 81

Re:External Microphone Problem

2021-10-07, 8:15 AM

@ Duagis wrote:

Sunitha mau you post here again the steps to generate bug reports?Thanks

Hi, 

Sure, I will help you. 

Please find the instructions below to generate the bug report: 

To enable developer options:

1. Go to Settings > About phone > Build number
  2. Tap Build number seven times. After the first few taps, you should see the steps counting down until you unlock the developer options. Once activated, you will see a message that reads, “You are now a developer!”
  3. Go back to Settings, where you’ll find a Developer options entry in the menu

Steps on how to generate a Bug Report:

Go to Settings -> System -> Advanced -> Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On

Enable Settings ->System -> Advanced -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On

Once the issue is reproduced: Go to Settings -> System -> Advanced ->Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power-down menu.

Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.

Then upload the Bug Report to your personal Google Drive and then share the link of the Bug Report via Private Message.

Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken.

Please indicate the local time when you observed the behavior.

Thanks

Sunitha 

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

44 Posts

08-26-2021

Brazil

47 Signins

570 Page Views

• Views: 570
  • Message 52 of 81

2021-10-07, 12:43 PM
Sent
Options

2738 Posts

11-24-2020

India

253 Signins

27775 Page Views

• Message 53 of 81

2021-10-08, 8:12 AM

@ Duagis wrote:

Sent

Hi, 

I received it and thank you for sharing the bug report. Unfortunately, I can't view it. Can you please set the link to the public? Open Drive > Tap 3 dots > details and activity > Who has access > Link (change) > Viewer. 

I look forward to your response.

Thanks

Sunitha

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

2738 Posts

11-24-2020

India

253 Signins

27775 Page Views

• Message 54 of 81

2021-10-13, 10:55 AM

@ Duagis wrote:

Just found out that Whatsapp, Facebook messenger and Telegram still can't send voice messages recording from external mic, the calls are ok, video calls and etc external mic working fine but can't record anything 🤔

Battery still amazing me, 6 hours using hard and still 67%

Hi, 

Thank you for your patience. I have received an update from the team. Since you are unable to use external Mic while using the 3rd party application, it looks like the issue is due to the particular application design and we have no control over the 3rd party applications. Hence, I would suggest you report this with the application support or developer, they will be able to check and help you in fixing it. I appreciate your understanding!  

Thanks

Sunitha

Options

22 Posts

02-12-2019

Germany

22 Signins

110 Page Views

• Views: 110
  • Message 55 of 81

2021-10-13, 11:21 AM

No. Its Not a Problem with Third Party Apps. Its a Problem with the Motorola Camera App also! It is a Hard- or Software issue in some g100 devices. As reported here and in other forums. 

Options

44 Posts

08-26-2021

Brazil

47 Signins

570 Page Views

• Message 56 of 81

2021-10-13, 11:34 AM

@ AgentSunitha wrote:

@ Duagis wrote:

Just found out that Whatsapp, Facebook messenger and Telegram still can't send voice messages recording from external mic, the calls are ok, video calls and etc external mic working fine but can't record anything 🤔

Battery still amazing me, 6 hours using hard and still 67%

Hi, 

Thank you for your patience. I have received an update from the team. Since you are unable to use external Mic while using the 3rd party application, it looks like the issue is due to the particular application design and we have no control over the 3rd party applications. Hence, I would suggest you report this with the application support or developer, they will be able to check and help you in fixing it. I appreciate your understanding!  

Thanks

Sunitha

Dear Sunitha it doesn't make any sense that.

Other devices can do that and before the July update it could do record voice by external microphone wired and Bluetooth.

After this update, got this mess and the last update something has fixed but still missing something.

In Android 10, when using a wired or Bluetooth headphones, the default input device it's the headphone mic. Why this version isn't working?

As I said before, when the July update was installed, it messed up this option. Before this update, when I installed the fresh ROM, everything was working fine and when connected the Bluetooth or wired headphones, the only input source was the external microphone when connected.

That's the question.

Options

26 Posts

08-17-2021

Germany

18 Signins

150 Page Views

• Views: 150
  • Message 57 of 81

2021-10-13, 11:35 AM

@AgentSunitha ... did you cerefully read all the comments?

I think I was quite straight forward during testing and reported all the visible behaviour...

The hidden menu showed clearly on my device, that it was a hardware failure as I could see if the connector was triggered or not.

Options

26 Posts

08-17-2021

Germany

18 Signins

150 Page Views

• Views: 150
  • Message 58 of 81

2021-10-13, 11:37 AM

...that's not the question, this is your question.

I had no problems with external BT devices, I had a problem with having only the internal mic been used, even when you select external mic and plug in external mics... 

This was from day 1 on my device...we should be more precise when speaking about "the problem" ... ;o)

Options

44 Posts

08-26-2021

Brazil

47 Signins

570 Page Views

• Message 59 of 81

2021-10-13, 11:37 AM

@ SAB GmbH wrote:

@AgentSunitha ... did you cerefully read all the comments?

I think I was quite straight forward during testing and reported all the visible behaviour...

The hidden menu showed clearly on my device, that it was a hardware failure as I could see if the connector was triggered or not.

In my case it was working perfect before the July update.

Now only works in calls, via internet or GSM calls, but record for 3rd parts not. Weird ASF.

Options

44 Posts

08-26-2021

Brazil

47 Signins

570 Page Views

• Message 60 of 81

2021-10-13, 11:50 AM

@ SAB GmbH wrote:

...that's not the question, this is your question.

I had no problems with external BT devices, I had a problem with having only the internal mic been used, even when you select external mic and plug in external mics... 

This was from day 1 on my device...we should be more precise when speaking about "the problem" ... ;o)

I believe your case is similar to mine + hardware problem unfortunately.

Like I was saying, before July update everything was working fine with external microphones. When July update comes, it "killed" this and when August update was installed, something was fixed because the external microphone was enabled again but only for calls, carrier or internet calls like telegram or Whatsapp calls. But recording voice notes still "dead" even with external microphone, BT or wired connected.

Ps.: Loved the hidden dial 😁

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms