Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G Phonesmoto g100
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

04-03-2021

United States of America

2 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 1 of 4

I'd really love wireless Ready For

2021-04-04, 8:41 AM

So I have a Motorola Edge S (Chinese G100), and I love the Ready For feature.  It's very welcome as my last phone didn't have anything like it, but my phone before that did have a similar desktop-style experience.  I really enjoy these features and intend to make them a bigger part of my experience going forward.  But I've seen that some devices with desktop experiences similar to Ready For have wireless compatibility, so they can cast to a Chromecast or Roku or other similar devices and you'll still get that desktop experience.  This is especially useful as some apps don't have casting features built in, but this would allow using the phone for one app and the TV for another.

Options

5220 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3303 Signins

76111 Page Views

• Views: 76111
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:I'd really love wireless Ready For

2021-04-05, 22:06 PM

@ LikeTheSandwich wrote:

So I have a Motorola Edge S (Chinese G100), and I love the Ready For feature.  It' very welcome as my last phone didn' have anything like it, but my phone before that did have a similar desktop-style experience.  I really enjoy these features and intend to make them a bigger part of my experience going forward.  But I' seen that some devices with desktop experiences similar to Ready For have wireless compatibility, so they can cast to a Chromecast or Roku or other similar devices and you' still get that desktop experience.  This is especially useful as some apps don' have casting features built in, but this would allow using the phone for one app and the TV for another.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll ensure it's seen by the Ready For team.

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

165 Posts

01-15-2016

Hungary

298 Signins

2407 Page Views

• Views: 2407
  • Message 3 of 4

2021-04-07, 17:09 PM

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 LTE too and the desktop experience is very similar to the Samsung Dex. I remember when in 2011 i bought my first Motorola - the Atrix 2 - i really like the lapdock and the dock station. The webtop with linux was god, but the Jelly Bean update killed it. This "Ready for" mode is very useful, but i think Motot will be promotend better and i hope other Motorolas will have this in the future.

Options

5220 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3303 Signins

76111 Page Views

• Views: 76111
  • Message 4 of 4

2021-04-07, 20:48 PM

@ ghiottone wrote:

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 LTE too and the desktop experience is very similar to the Samsung Dex. I remember when in 2011 i bought my first Motorola - the Atrix 2 - i really like the lapdock and the dock station. The webtop with linux was god, but the Jelly Bean update killed it. This "Ready for" mode is very useful, but i think Motot will be promotend better and i hope other Motorolas will have this in the future.

I think Ready For is pretty cool. I don't personally see myself using it much, but as a way to share videos or apps on a larger screen, I can definitely see the use-case. The Atrix 2 was before my time here at Moto so I never got to play with that model or any of the models that supported the lapdock accessory or the webtop functions. I too hope to see more devices released in the future with support for Ready For.

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms