Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G Phonesmoto g100
All Forum Topics
Options

7 Posts

10-09-2021

Japan

7 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 1 of 12

Ready For Word

2021-10-09, 9:08 AM

Why can't I load Microsoft word when using Ready For?

This is integral to the desktop experience and without it doesn't "unleash a whole new way to work."

Options

5309 Posts

10-05-2016

United States of America

654 Signins

55182 Page Views

• Views: 55182
  • Message 2 of 12

Re:Ready For Word

2021-10-10, 21:15 PM

Hi @ CSX10,

Thanks for taking your time to post regarding Ready for. We'll try our best to help. For us to further assist you, we'd like to ask a few questions.

Can you tell us exactly why you can't load MS word? Does it show an error message? Are you connecting it to a PC?

Tell us more details.

Regards,
Jess
Motorola Support

Please do not send me a personal message regarding your concerns or questions if this can be posted to this community. We prioritize the ones posting on threads.
Options

7 Posts

10-09-2021

Japan

7 Signins

15 Page Views

• Message 3 of 12

2021-10-10, 23:43 PM

Hi Jess,

I'm using my moto 100 with a TV via HDMI.

If I click the app on the mobile desktop view it tries to load and then stops immediately.

The same happens with the Office app.

Because Google docs, sheets etc I assumed it was a Microsoft thing preventing me from doing it just like they do via Chromebook.

Options

2293 Posts

11-24-2020

India

230 Signins

24205 Page Views

• Views: 24205
  • Message 4 of 12

2021-10-13, 5:48 AM

@ CSX10 wrote:

Hi Jess,

I'm using my moto 100 with a TV via HDMI.

If I click the app on the mobile desktop view it tries to load and then stops immediately.

The same happens with the Office app.

Because Google docs, sheets etc I assumed it was a Microsoft thing preventing me from doing it just like they do via Chromebook.

Hi, 

Firstly, I apologize for the delay in getting back to you, and thank you for explaining your concern in detail. We have tested with Moto G100 and we are able to use MS Word/Office apps via Ready far. I would suggest you check any pending updates available for your phone(Settings>>System>>Software update), if any please update and test. Also, make sure that all applications available on your phone are up to date (Open PlayStore>>Update all applications). Restart the phone and check. I hope it helps. 

Let me know how it goes. 

Thanks

Sunitha

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

7 Posts

10-09-2021

Japan

7 Signins

15 Page Views

• Message 5 of 12

2021-10-13, 23:55 PM

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

However, this did not fix the problem.

My system and apps are all up to date and I restarted the phone but the apps still won't load in Ready For mode. Also, now, Zoho email app is not working.

Any more suggestions?

Options

2293 Posts

11-24-2020

India

230 Signins

24205 Page Views

• Message 6 of 12

2021-10-14, 6:29 AM

@ CSX10 wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

However, this did not fix the problem.

My system and apps are all up to date and I restarted the phone but the apps still won't load in Ready For mode. Also, now, Zoho email app is not working.

Any more suggestions?

Hi, 

Thank you for trying! I would suggest you try clearing the particular application cache/data and see if that helps. Here are the instructions:  Go to Setting>> Apps and Notifications>>See all Apps/App Infor>>Tap on App>>Force stop>> Click ok>> storage >>Clear cache/data. Restart the phone post this and check. 

Let me know how it goes. 

Thanks

Sunitha

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

7 Posts

10-09-2021

Japan

7 Signins

15 Page Views

• Message 7 of 12

2021-10-17, 0:35 AM

Hi,

No that didn't work either.

Microsoft OneDrive works though.

From OneDrive I can open Excel documents in the Microsoft Office app.

But OneDrive will not allow me to open Word documents either through the Word app or the Microsoft Office app.

Zoho mail still doesn't work either.

This situation is very strange and doesn't make a lot of sense!

Chris

Options

2293 Posts

11-24-2020

India

230 Signins

24205 Page Views

• Message 8 of 12

2021-10-18, 10:24 AM

@ CSX10 wrote:

Hi,

No that didn't work either.

Microsoft OneDrive works though.

From OneDrive I can open Excel documents in the Microsoft Office app.

But OneDrive will not allow me to open Word documents either through the Word app or the Microsoft Office app.

Zoho mail still doesn't work either.

This situation is very strange and doesn't make a lot of sense!

Chris

Hi Chris, 

Since our device it is working fine, there might be settings changes or applications causing this. I would suggest you reset the App Preference and see if that helps. Here are the instructions: Go settings>>Apps and Notifications>>App info>>Menu>>Reset app preference>>Ok. Restart the phone after this and let me know how it goes. 

Thanks

Sunitha

Options

7 Posts

10-09-2021

Japan

7 Signins

15 Page Views

• Message 9 of 12

2021-10-20, 11:40 AM

Hi Sunitha,

I couldn't find that path of instructions under settings to do so couldn't action it.

However, I tried plugging my moto g100 up to an ASUS PC monitor and everything worked fine. (I was actually really impressed how good Ready For is when it works) but Word etc still doesn't work with my Sharp TV.

Could it be the TV's capabilities or the HDMI cable?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Options

7 Posts

10-09-2021

Japan

7 Signins

15 Page Views

• Message 10 of 12

2021-10-20, 23:40 PM

Also,

I'm thinking about getting either a Nexdock or Mirabook.  Neither website lists Moto G100 as a compatible devices so do you know if the G100 is compatible with these machines?

https://nexdock.com/

https://www.mirabook.info/

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms