Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G Phonesmoto g100
All Forum Topics
Options

13 Posts

04-25-2021

Belgium

11 Signins

120 Page Views

• Views: 120
  • Message 1 of 6

Ready For dock?

2021-04-25, 20:58 PM

So I'm finding contradicting information about whether the "Ready For" dock is included with the G100 as a standard or not.

Both in reviews as on webshops some say it's included and you're even unable to buy it without the dock, while others say the dock must be bought separately.

This issue is not exclusive to 3rd party webshops, for example the UK Lenovo webshop seems to say it's included, while the Belgian/Dutch Motorola webshop doesn't include it in the section "what's included in the package".

So what's the deal here?

Does it depend in which country you buy the phone, even though there's no difference in price?

I already have to live with the fact that I cannot buy the black model, but if I don't even get the dock for 500 euro then i'm voting with my wallet and not buying it.

I see that this forum is being managed by a good person, so I'm sure that here I'll finally get the correct answer right from the source and if I don't like the answer, at least my feedback has been heard.

Thank you in advance!

Answer
Options

5621 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3327 Signins

78511 Page Views

• Views: 78511

Re:Ready For dock?

2021-04-28, 22:09 PM

@ Vincentrifuge wrote:

Hey Tom,

Thank you for the effort and clearing any doubts I had.

As expected I' pretty unhappy with this answer though, because it' just another dissappointment to add to the list as a loyal Motorola fan.

First I can' find a model i' totally satisfied with in the Motorola lineup lately, then the G100 comes and though it' not perfect for my taste, it' close enough. Still a bit too expensive. Then I can' get the color I want. Then I read it will only get one major update, and now i know the dock is not even included in my country...

It' not your fault, I won' shoot the messenger, but wow.. I just changed my mind from buying this phone to maybe look at another brand after all.

Maybe if you have inside information on whether a phone like my Moto X4 will come soon, I' willing to wait just a little longer, but i guess that' unrealistic.

This is also not the answer you' like to see from a customer so I' sorry for that, but I honestly am just very dissappointed right now because now I have to keep looking for a new phone after all.

I feel you and you have every right to be disappointed. Sadly, I can't really offer anything to change that. As for future models, it's not something I can share, but I don't believe there will be any newer Moto X models. At least not that I'm aware of. That being said, feel free to reach out if you have any other questions. I'll do my best to answer them as quickly and transparently as possible.

-Tom

Note: If you see a pop-up for a survey and decide to take it, remember the first 0-10 question is about your experience here in the Moto community and with me or other moto agents. Not about the company as a whole, that would fall under the 2nd 0-10 question. 

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Replies(5)
Options

4269 Posts

03-11-2019

United States of America

766 Signins

60595 Page Views

• Views: 60595
  • Message 2 of 6

2021-04-25, 21:33 PM

Hi Vincentrifuge,

Thank you for posting your concern here. Currently, I do not have any information yet on whether the Moto G100 has an included Ready For dock included in other regions in Europe. I'll need to ask my team about this. We'll get back to you once we have more information about this. 

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the Thumbs up icon on the bottom right thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

13 Posts

04-25-2021

Belgium

11 Signins

120 Page Views

• Message 3 of 6

2021-04-25, 21:45 PM

Thank you for the fast response, I'm looking forward to a final conclusion!

If the answer turns out negative, I'm interested to know whether I can get a (black) version with a dock included through another way... Maybe Motorola or Lenovo can help me with this?

If everything turns out to be negative though, idk, i'll be very dissapointed and might look somewhere else.

I'm looking for a worthy successor to my Moto X4.. I love it so much I wich I could just get another brand new one like it.

FYI, I've got my brother, mother, father and grandfather to buy Motorola's as well, I want to support the brand but honestly I'm dissapointed that I can't find an IP68 Moto anymore.

If I can can have one wish for you guys: make a Moto X5, exactly like the X4, same features, nothing left out, but just a newer/better processor and 5G compatible, for the same pricing as the X4 used to be.

That would be the mid range KING and my personal dream phone dor years to come.Oh well, a man can dream, right?

Options

5621 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3327 Signins

78511 Page Views

• Message 4 of 6

2021-04-26, 21:22 PM

@ Vincentrifuge wrote:

Thank you for the fast response, I' looking forward to a final conclusion!

If the answer turns out negative, I' interested to know whether I can get a (black) version with a dock included through another way... Maybe Motorola or Lenovo can help me with this?

If everything turns out to be negative though, idk, i' be very dissapointed and might look somewhere else.

I' looking for a worthy successor to my Moto X4.. I love it so much I wich I could just get another brand new one like it.

FYI, I' got my brother, mother, father and grandfather to buy Motorola' as well, I want to support the brand but honestly I' dissapointed that I can' find an IP68 Moto anymore.

If I can can have one wish for you guys: make a Moto X5, exactly like the X4, same features, nothing left out, but just a newer/better processor and 5G compatible, for the same pricing as the X4 used to be.

That would be the mid range KING and my personal dream phone dor years to come.Oh well, a man can dream, right?

Thanks for posting your question. I reached out to some people on my end. The Dock in your country is not included in-box for the moto g100. I know that's not the answer you were looking for, but I wanted to ensure you had accurate information. As for purchasing a unit with the dock, we can't really help with that and I would discourage you from doing so. Buying a unit from outside of your country/region would result in no warranty on the device and we can't guarantee compatibility with the carriers in your region. Let me know if you have any other questions. I'll do my best to get them answered as quickly as possible.

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!

Options

13 Posts

04-25-2021

Belgium

11 Signins

120 Page Views

• Message 5 of 6

2021-04-26, 21:51 PM

Hey Tom,

As expected I'm pretty unhappy with this answer though, because it's just another dissappointment to add to the list as a loyal Motorola fan.

First I can't find a model i'm totally satisfied with in the Motorola lineup lately, then the G100 comes and though it's not perfect for my taste, it's close enough. Still a bit too expensive. Then I can't get the color I want. Then I read it will only get one major update, and now i know the dock is not even included in my country...

It's not your fault, I won't shoot the messenger, but wow.. I just changed my mind from buying this phone to maybe look at another brand after all.

Maybe if you have inside information on whether a phone like my Moto X4 will come soon, I'm willing to wait just a little longer, but i guess that's unrealistic.

This is also not the answer you'd like to see from a customer so I'm sorry for that, but I honestly am just very dissappointed right now because now I have to keep looking for a new phone after all.

Answer
Options

5621 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3327 Signins

78511 Page Views

• Message 6 of 6

2021-04-28, 22:09 PM

@ Vincentrifuge wrote:

Hey Tom,

As expected I' pretty unhappy with this answer though, because it' just another dissappointment to add to the list as a loyal Motorola fan.

First I can' find a model i' totally satisfied with in the Motorola lineup lately, then the G100 comes and though it' not perfect for my taste, it' close enough. Still a bit too expensive. Then I can' get the color I want. Then I read it will only get one major update, and now i know the dock is not even included in my country...

It' not your fault, I won' shoot the messenger, but wow.. I just changed my mind from buying this phone to maybe look at another brand after all.

Maybe if you have inside information on whether a phone like my Moto X4 will come soon, I' willing to wait just a little longer, but i guess that' unrealistic.

This is also not the answer you' like to see from a customer so I' sorry for that, but I honestly am just very dissappointed right now because now I have to keep looking for a new phone after all.

I feel you and you have every right to be disappointed. Sadly, I can't really offer anything to change that. As for future models, it's not something I can share, but I don't believe there will be any newer Moto X models. At least not that I'm aware of. That being said, feel free to reach out if you have any other questions. I'll do my best to answer them as quickly and transparently as possible.

-Tom

Note: If you see a pop-up for a survey and decide to take it, remember the first 0-10 question is about your experience here in the Moto community and with me or other moto agents. Not about the company as a whole, that would fall under the 2nd 0-10 question. 

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms