Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G Phonesmoto g100
All Forum Topics
Options

5188 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3301 Signins

75921 Page Views

• Views: 75921
  • Message 1 of 23

Welcome to the moto g100 community!

2021-03-25, 16:09 PM

Want the most powerful moto g ever? You got it!

Welcome to the moto g100 community! Click here to learn more

As usual, this is a peer-to-peer network. However, we are here to help however we can. @MotorolaTom will be the primary manager for this community. Note, the forum community isn't just for reporting issues/problems. Feel free to post about the moto g100 as long as it follows the guidelines. 

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

4 Posts

03-30-2021

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

3 Signins

10 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 10
  • Message 2 of 23

Re:Welcome to the moto g100 community!

2021-03-30, 16:27 PM

Hi,
I have a query regarding the Motorola G100. 

This product was launched in China as edgeS with 128 and 256 GB ROM . However in U.K. it's only showing to be on sale with 128 GB . Also seen the same model on Motorola Brazil website with 12 GB Ram and 256 GB ROM!( Ideal choice 😍)

Does Motorola have any plans to release these other variants in UK, and is there a near road map for release?  I know it has slot for memory card but I use dual SIM and need bigger ROM than 128 GB and really like the phone, otherwise it could be a deal breaker! 😫

Options

5188 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3301 Signins

75921 Page Views

• Message 3 of 23

2021-03-30, 18:59 PM

@ Sahi13 wrote:

Hi,
I have a query regarding the Motorola G100. 

This product was launched in China as edgeS with 128 and 256 GB ROM . However in U.K. it' only showing to be on sale with 128 GB . Also seen the same model on Motorola Brazil website with 12 GB Ram and 256 GB ROM!( Ideal choice 😍)

Does Motorola have any plans to release these other variants in UK, and is there a near road map for release?  I know it has slot for memory card but I use dual SIM and need bigger ROM than 128 GB and really like the phone, otherwise it could be a deal breaker! 😫

Thanks for reaching out. This is a good question. At this time, I don't see any plans to release the 256GB variant outside of China. That may change in the future, but I have on insight into that.

That being said, I'm curious about your preference for the 256GB variant. What phone do you currently have? How do you intend to use the phone that would make you want to have 256GB of internal storage? I only ask as I've personally yet to have run out of storage on my devices with 64GB let alone the ones with 128GB. Especially with expandable storage for things like file downloads, photos/videos, etc.

Please don't take this as my trying to convince you that the 128GB is enough or downplay your preferences. I'm genuinely interested and want to make sure your feedback is captured and passed along to the right people.

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

4 Posts

03-30-2021

3 Signins

10 Page Views

• Message 4 of 23

2021-03-30, 19:18 PM

Thanks for your reply. Currently have a realmeX2pro  with 12GB RAM and 256GB ROM. I use my phone for personal and business use therefore the need for two active sims. Currently I have about 100GB available on my phone. It's mostly daily use apps and as I'm in motor trade I have to take a lots of pics and as 128GB will  possibly hold the software as well, in theory there will be less than that available . Hence looking towards a 5G handset for upgrade and the G100 ticks all the boxes as edgeS but bit disappointed that it's being released here in one variant only. The Brazilian version being the most favoured as it also comes with 12GB RAM too. 

Options

1 Posts

04-02-2021

China

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 5 of 23

Welcome to the moto g100 community!

2021-04-02, 9:16 AM
Hi, Going along the questions and comparison with other versions of this device. Is there an easy way to flash the global ROM to the Chinese (EdgeS) version? I would like to buy it but I am hesitating since I don't want to be stuck with a device full of apps that I do not use nor understand.. I will really appreciate comments on this. I downloaded the Rescue and Smart Assistant, but I am not sure whether the flashing process is smooth using it
Options

5188 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3301 Signins

75921 Page Views

• Message 6 of 23

2021-04-02, 20:35 PM

@ Sahi13 wrote:

Thanks for your reply. Currently have a realmeX2pro  with 12GB RAM and 256GB ROM. I use my phone for personal and business use therefore the need for two active sims. Currently I have about 100GB available on my phone. It' mostly daily use apps and as I' in motor trade I have to take a lots of pics and as 128GB will  possibly hold the software as well, in theory there will be less than that available . Hence looking towards a 5G handset for upgrade and the G100 ticks all the boxes as edgeS but bit disappointed that it' being released here in one variant only. The Brazilian version being the most favoured as it also comes with 12GB RAM too. 

Thanks for sharing, I'll definitely pass the feedback along. It sounds like the g100 will unfortunately not meet your needs for the storage side of things.

-Tom

Options

5188 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3301 Signins

75921 Page Views

• Message 7 of 23

2021-04-02, 20:38 PM

@ ktitimbo wrote:

Hi,Going along the questions and comparison with other versions of this device.Is there an easy way to flash the global ROM to the Chinese (EdgeS) version?I would like to buy it but I am hesitating since I don' want to be stuck with a device full of apps that I do not use nor understand..I will really appreciate comments on this.I downloaded the Rescue and Smart Assistant, but I am not sure whether the flashing process is smooth using it

Hello. I appreciate your interest in the phone. We strongly discourage users from flashing non-stock software onto their devices and we also don't support it. As for Rescue & Smart Assistant, that tool will not allow you to flash software not intended to be on the model you have. That being said, if you'd like to discuss this with other customers, please do so in the Developer Community or on other sites that focus on these types of things like XDA. 

-Tom

Options

4 Posts

03-30-2021

3 Signins

10 Page Views

• Message 8 of 23

2021-04-02, 20:41 PM

Well it would if Motorola decides to release different variants of it, which do exist, it's not like they have to manufacture some. China release had 128/256GB. The G100 released in Brazil is with 12GB RAM and 256GB ( available on Motorola Brazil website) . Why won't Motorola have them available to other countries / regions? 

Options

15 Posts

09-22-2019

Germany

40 Signins

157 Page Views

• Views: 157
  • Message 9 of 23

2021-04-02, 21:02 PM

I strongly discourage users from flashing official firmware updates onto their devices, since if they have wifi issues after it, Motorola doesn't care (at least that's what happened with Motorolas last flagship model Moto Z2 force, please check https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Moto-Z%C2%B2-Force/Moto-Z2-Force-wifi-issues-after-Android-9-Pie-update/m-p/4507556

Options

5188 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3301 Signins

75921 Page Views

• Message 10 of 23

2021-04-05, 21:58 PM

@ Sahi13 wrote:

Well it would if Motorola decides to release different variants of it, which do exist, it' not like they have to manufacture some. China release had 128/256GB. The G100 released in Brazil is with 12GB RAM and 256GB ( available on Motorola Brazil website) . Why won' Motorola have them available to other countries / regions? 

I understand what you're saying, but those decisions are way above my paygrade. I know it comes down to what the majority of users value in the different regions. I will however pass your feedback along though. 

-Tom

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms