Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G Phonesmoto g30
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

04-02-2021

Austria

3 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 1 of 6

Moto G30 can't boot. Stuck at bootscreen blue moto logo after last shutdown.

2021-04-02, 10:16 AM

Hi dear community,

I have a strange problem with my new (less than 1 month old) Moto G30. Today I shut it off accidentally while it was in my pocket and I was pressing the power button accidentally. After that, it would not boot again. It is now stuck in the bootscreen with the blue circles Moto logo and the "powered by android" text with android logo. It stays stuck there even after 30 minutes. I can not boot the phone anymore.

I tried many times to hold the power button until it would shutdown after around 5 seconds and reboot with a little white light blinking at the right upper corner, but then it is stuck at bootscreen again. The same happens if I hold down Power + Volume Down and reboot from the boot menu. When I attach the USB cable it says 74% battery charge so that should be ok.

I am now waiting longer to see if that helps. And I will try to get a solution via USB debugging.

If anyone knows help, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you!

Options

6998 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3429 Signins

86956 Page Views

• Views: 86956
  • Message 2 of 6

Re:Moto G30 can't boot. Stuck at bootscreen blue moto logo after last shutdown.

2021-04-02, 20:44 PM

@ hellomoto42 wrote:

Hi dear community,

I have a strange problem with my new (less than 1 month old) Moto G30. Today I shut it off accidentally while it was in my pocket and I was pressing the power button accidentally. After that, it would not boot again. It is now stuck in the bootscreen with the blue circles Moto logo and the "powered by android" text with android logo. It stays stuck there even after 30 minutes. I can not boot the phone anymore.

I tried many times to hold the power button until it would shutdown after around 5 seconds and reboot with a little white light blinking at the right upper corner, but then it is stuck at bootscreen again. The same happens if I hold down Power + Volume Down and reboot from the boot menu. When I attach the USB cable it says 74% battery charge so that should be ok.

I am now waiting longer to see if that helps. And I will try to get a solution via USB debugging.

If anyone knows help, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you!

Yikes, I'm sorry to hear this. Do you happen to have an SD card in your phone? If so try removing it temporarily. It could be an SD Card that has failed or has corruption causing the phone to not boot. If not, then you can try a Factory Reset from the recovery menu. If all else fails, then putting the phone back into Fast Boot, you can use Rescue & Smart Assistant to repair the phone: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/MOTOROLA-Android-Developer-Community/bd-p/230. If all the above fail, then the phone will likely have to be repaired. To get that process started, you can contact the retailer you purchased it from or you can send @Moto_Sara or @MotoMarta a private message and they will try to assist ASAP.

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

3 Posts

04-02-2021

Austria

3 Signins

15 Page Views

• Message 3 of 6

2021-04-03, 18:19 PM

Hi Tom,
Thanks for your reply!

Thanks for the suggestion! I had no SD card in the phone, I tried to remove the SIM card (just in case) but that did not help. Still does not boot unfortunately.

The problem is, I have some photos on the phone which I do not wish to loose. I will try to somehow get the photos off the phone onto my Linux Laptop and then do factory reset. Can I do this with the recovery mode and ADB? I guess if I have to install TWRP or similar that would void the warranty which would not be good if there really is an issue with the device itself, and also TWRP I would need to build it myself for the G30 "caprip" which I am not sure I can do. Do you know any way I could get the photos off the device?

Thanks!

Kind regards

Options

6998 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3429 Signins

86956 Page Views

• Message 4 of 6

2021-04-05, 22:12 PM

@ hellomoto42 wrote:

Hi Tom,
Thanks for your reply!

Thanks for the suggestion! I had no SD card in the phone, I tried to remove the SIM card (just in case) but that did not help. Still does not boot unfortunately.

The problem is, I have some photos on the phone which I do not wish to loose. I will try to somehow get the photos off the phone onto my Linux Laptop and then do factory reset. Can I do this with the recovery mode and ADB? I guess if I have to install TWRP or similar that would void the warranty which would not be good if there really is an issue with the device itself, and also TWRP I would need to build it myself for the G30 "caprip" which I am not sure I can do. Do you know any way I could get the photos off the device?

Thanks!

Kind regards

Sadly, ADB will not be available as you would need to fully boot the phone. Only Fastboot commands would be recognized and since the phone is encrypted and can't boot, there will be no stock way to access the user data from fastboot to recover files. I wish there was, as it would help a lot of people in this type of situation, but it does make sense. You wouldn't want someone to get a hold of your phone and be able to extract user files if they didn't know the pin/password. You can try other methods with custom recovery and whatnot, but it's not something we support or recommend here in the community. 

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

3 Posts

04-02-2021

Austria

3 Signins

15 Page Views

• Message 5 of 6

2021-04-06, 11:29 AM

Hi Tom,
Ah yes, I understand! Thanks anyway! For now, I can still use my old Moto G5 gladly. So I will wait and think about it.
Kind regards,

Options

6998 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3429 Signins

86956 Page Views

• Message 6 of 6

2021-04-06, 23:08 PM

@ hellomoto42 wrote:

Hi Tom,
Ah yes, I understand! Thanks anyway! For now, I can still use my old Moto G5 gladly. So I will wait and think about it.
Kind regards,

Fair enough. Let me know if I can help in the future. 

-Tom

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms