Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G Phonesmoto g30
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

07-21-2021

Australia

8 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 1 of 7

Moto g30 freezes

2021-07-21, 15:57 PM

Hi there!

I've recently purchased a g30.

I promptly did all the system updates and Google Play system updates as well as updated all my apps from the Play Store.

I only source apps from the Play Store and there are no apps that wornt on my previous phone that worked fine.

About three times a day the phone freezes becoming totally unresponsive to any command. I have to force a restart to get the phone working again.

Any help resolving this problem greatly appreciated thanks.

Options

6888 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3416 Signins

86276 Page Views

• Views: 86276
  • Message 2 of 7

Re:Moto g30 freezes

2021-07-21, 21:34 PM

@ Joe Watt wrote:

Hi there!

I've recently purchased a g30.

I promptly did all the system updates and Google Play system updates as well as updated all my apps from the Play Store.

I only source apps from the Play Store and there are no apps that wornt on my previous phone that worked fine.

About three times a day the phone freezes becoming totally unresponsive to any command. I have to force a restart to get the phone working again.

Any help resolving this problem greatly appreciated thanks.

Hello and thanks for posting. I'm sorry to see you're having this freezing issue. I'm curious does this happen when using certain apps? If so which apps does it happen in?

Let me know,

Thanks,

Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

2 Posts

07-21-2021

Australia

8 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 3 of 7

2021-07-22, 3:41 AM

Thanks for your reply.

There are no particular apps that seem to be causing the problem. The freeze happens at random times. Once it happened during a phone call. I was able to keep talking for about a minute but screen was frozen then the phone just restarted itself mid call.

All the apps I have installed on this phone were on my previous phone, a moto g5 Plus which never froze. 

This is my fourth Motorola phone. I really hope its not my last one.

Thanks for your assistance

Options

36 Posts

07-12-2020

India

29 Signins

250 Page Views

• Views: 250
  • Message 4 of 7

2021-07-22, 4:12 AM

I've been using motorola for a while now..
Starting from Moto G5+ then G6 and currently using a G30, i've seen freezes in all 3 of them..
and It's just Random, no particular app, sometimes even on the homscreen.. and it literally turns into a brick.. even the hardware buttons stop working.. tho a hard reboot ofc saves the day..
i have no idea wat causes this but i've seen this many time and it's a huge bummer..

Options

6888 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3416 Signins

86276 Page Views

• Message 5 of 7

2021-07-23, 19:09 PM

@ Joe Watt wrote:

Thanks for your reply.

There are no particular apps that seem to be causing the problem. The freeze happens at random times. Once it happened during a phone call. I was able to keep talking for about a minute but screen was frozen then the phone just restarted itself mid call.

All the apps I have installed on this phone were on my previous phone, a moto g5 Plus which never froze. 

This is my fourth Motorola phone. I really hope its not my last one.

Thanks for your assistance

Thanks for the additional information. I've actually not experienced this on mine. The fact that it's rebooting itself is worrying to me. Can you make sure your forum profile is updated with the current IMEI or SN and let me know if I can take a look from my end? Also, the next time it locks up, can get a bug report once you can access it again and share it with me?

Bug Report Steps

1. Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number 7 times on the build number to go into the developer options mode]
2. After the above steps Developer options will be enabled.
3. Go to Settings ->System -> Advanced -> Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On
4. Enable Settings -> System -> Advanced -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
5. Once the issue is reproduced, Go to Settings -> System -> Advanced -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power-down menu.
6. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
7. Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the bug report on the forums in a reply.
8. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the time that you observed the behavior in local time.

Thanks,

Tom

Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

6888 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3416 Signins

86276 Page Views

• Message 6 of 7

2021-07-23, 19:10 PM

@ Akshat 27 wrote:

I've been using motorola for a while now..
Starting from Moto G5+ then G6 and currently using a G30, i've seen freezes in all 3 of them..
and It's just Random, no particular app, sometimes even on the homscreen.. and it literally turns into a brick.. even the hardware buttons stop working.. tho a hard reboot ofc saves the day..
i have no idea wat causes this but i've seen this many time and it's a huge bummer..

Hello, I'm sorry to see you've had freezing up on all the models you've owned. Personally, I would think it's related to some apps you've installed on all the models you've owned. If you want, I can help investigate further. Just let me know. I'll do whatever I can to help.

Thanks,

Tom

Options

36 Posts

07-12-2020

India

29 Signins

250 Page Views

• Views: 250
  • Message 7 of 7

2021-07-24, 3:17 AM

Hello!!
I'd be glad if someone could help me out on this one, it has caused some absolute disasters for me.. i updated my profile with the phone and it's IMEI..
My phone is still under warranty i bought it about one month back or so..
And it freezes randomly..
Not on any particular app..
The last freeze i noticed was on Snapchat while texting someone..
And the only way ik out of that is Hard reboot.. cuz the software becomes 100% unresponsive..
I've tried a factory reset, doesn't seem to help..

Thanks in Advance!!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms