Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G Phonesmoto g30
All Forum Topics
Options

5654 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3330 Signins

78651 Page Views

• Views: 78651
  • Message 11 of 16

Re:QR Code Scanner Not working in GPay

2021-05-12, 16:10 PM

@ Dayananda KM wrote:

Any solution found on google pay camera freezing in Moto G30

Hello, this is something we're working on to get improvements released for in a software update. I don't have timing on that update yet. I'm asking about it again from my end.

Thanks,

Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

7 Posts

03-28-2021

India

5 Signins

60 Page Views

• Views: 60
  • Message 12 of 16

2021-05-13, 6:18 AM

Tom

We all have been reading that you are working on solution with Google for the last 2 months now and I know for sure that this issue is far more older than 2 months since I have seen this issue in other Motorola forums also.

We have received a couple of updates on the GPay app in the last 2 months after raising this issue with you but none of them are addressing the issue we have raised. Are you  really working with Google on this or are these just false tall claims from Motorola ? I really fail to understand as to how can Google take so long to fix such a critical defect which is actually a show stopper and hampering functionality?

Options

7 Posts

03-28-2021

India

5 Signins

60 Page Views

• Message 13 of 16

2021-05-13, 6:29 AM

For the benefit of others having a similar issue I have given an alternative way to work with the Gpay app and the broken functionality of the QR code scanner.

I have downloaded a separate QR Code scanner app from the Google Play Store by the name  of QR & Barcode Reader developed by TeaCapps.

I use this app to scan the QR Code. Once the QR code is captured it will ask as to which app you would like to open this code in, and you can choose to open it in the GPay app and continue with the payments. The QRCode capture is pretty fast and the transfer to the GPay is also instantaneous unless your phone itself is working very slow.

This solution works for me pretty well. Anyone having a better solution then let us know about it.

Options

2 Posts

12-21-2020

India

3 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 14 of 16

2021-05-13, 7:49 AM

The problem is solved in my Moto g 5g

Options

7 Posts

03-28-2021

India

5 Signins

60 Page Views

• Message 15 of 16

2021-05-13, 8:15 AM

@Balajikcp8 - Good for you and the Moto 5 5G owners that the problem is solved. Mine still doesn't work even after clearing the cache and having the latest and greatest update of GPay.

Also the administrator Tom of this forum has mentioned today itself that they do not have a soln as yet to the issue raised and ALSO have no idea when the soln will be delivered. 

thanks

Options

5654 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3330 Signins

78651 Page Views

• Views: 78651
  • Message 16 of 16

2021-05-13, 19:33 PM

@ knightlife wrote:

Tom

We all have been reading that you are working on solution with Google for the last 2 months now and I know for sure that this issue is far more older than 2 months since I have seen this issue in other Motorola forums also.

We have received a couple of updates on the GPay app in the last 2 months after raising this issue with you but none of them are addressing the issue we have raised. Are you  really working with Google on this or are these just false tall claims from Motorola ? I really fail to understand as to how can Google take so long to fix such a critical defect which is actually a show stopper and hampering functionality?

I understand you are frustrated and I'm glad you found a workaround. Thank you for sharing that. However, what would I have to gain from lying to you? I represent you as the customer and I make sure all feedback is heard by the proper people. I also escalate ongoing issues daily. That being said, there are patches coming to improve scanning the QR codes with Google Pay. I don't have timing on the update. I will keep asking and escalating until this is resolved. I apologize for the issues this has caused you.

Thanks,

Tom 

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms