Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G Phonesmoto g30
All Forum Topics
Options

9 Posts

01-10-2021

Italy

23 Signins

195 Page Views

• Views: 195
  • Message 1 of 9

Still making phones without a eCompass uh?

2021-03-16, 20:31 PM

Guys come on :/

Options

5190 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3301 Signins

75931 Page Views

• Views: 75931
  • Message 2 of 9

Re:Still making phones without a eCompass uh?

2021-03-17, 0:52 AM

@ zeroarrows wrote:

Guys come on :/

You are correct, the Moto G30 does not have an eCompass. However, for the most part, this should not impact the day-to-day usage of the phone. That being said for some users, having an eCompass is important and we do sell other models in your country that have an eCompass. The following models both have an eCompass:

I hope that helps.

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

9 Posts

01-10-2021

Italy

23 Signins

195 Page Views

• Message 3 of 9

2021-03-17, 15:30 PM

Sure, but you are saying this to me that I'm subscribed to the Lenovo forum.

You guys can't tell to a normal user that purchases a Moto phone at the store, that it's normal, when he walks around, that the phone does not have a BASIC sensor.

The phone FEELS cheap and, more importantly broken, and it damages the image of your company.

That user will never buy a Motorola phone again. To me and to many other experienced users online it's like removing Bluetooth.

Please stop making confusing choices. 

P.S. I'm not trying to be rude but it's the plain truth.

Options

5190 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3301 Signins

75931 Page Views

• Message 4 of 9

2021-03-17, 23:09 PM

@ zeroarrows wrote:

Sure, but you are saying this to me that I' subscribed to the Lenovo forum.

You guys can' tell to a normal user that purchases a Moto phone at the store, that it' normal, when he walks around, that the phone does not have a BASIC sensor.

The phone FEELS cheap and, more importantly broken, and it damages the image of your company.

That user will never buy a Motorola phone again. To me and to many other experienced users online it' like removing Bluetooth.

Please stop making confusing choices. 

P.S. I' not trying to be rude but it' the plain truth.

I hear you, but my response is to you here in the community and others will see it as well. That being said, I will ensure your feedback is heard. What makes an eCompass a necessity for you?

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

9 Posts

01-10-2021

Italy

23 Signins

195 Page Views

• Message 5 of 9

2021-03-18, 9:35 AM

Maybe not in USA since cities are built differently but in Europe we have a lot of traffic limited zones where you can only walk.

It happened to me that i needed indications while walking to reach a place and my Moto G9 plus couldn't tell me where i was facing at a crossroad.

Also the whole time the navigation arrow and the map view were pointing to north even tho i was going south so i had to constantly rotate the map every 10 seconds or so.

Another problem is not being able to even download apps that require a compass. For example Pokemon Go (even tho this is not the core problem of removing this feature).

I happily returned my Moto G9 plus. 

Also the naming of the phone was quite ironic, you would expect from a phone named 'plus' to have all the basic features.

Next time you could remove the 2 mp macro (useless) if you need to save money for the eCompass sensor.

Options

5190 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3301 Signins

75931 Page Views

• Message 6 of 9

2021-03-19, 3:10 AM

@ zeroarrows wrote:

Maybe not in USA since cities are built differently but in Europe we have a lot of traffic limited zones where you can only walk.

It happened to me that i needed indications while walking to reach a place and my Moto G9 plus couldn' tell me where i was facing at a crossroad.

Also the whole time the navigation arrow and the map view were pointing to north even tho i was going south so i had to constantly rotate the map every 10 seconds or so.

Another problem is not being able to even download apps that require a compass. For example Pokemon Go (even tho this is not the core problem of removing this feature).

I happily returned my Moto G9 plus. 

Also the naming of the phone was quite ironic, you would expect from a phone named '' to have all the basic features.

Next time you could remove the 2 mp macro (useless) if you need to save money for the eCompass sensor.

Thanks for sharing these details. I will ensure the proper people receive it.

-Tom

Options

1 Posts

03-26-2021

India

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 7 of 9

2021-03-26, 8:42 AM

Hi,

I bought a Moto G30 device 2 days back and now I am so surprised and disappointed that I can't install a Compass in my phone ... It is sad!

Options

5190 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3301 Signins

75931 Page Views

• Message 8 of 9

2021-03-26, 15:15 PM

@ Asim81 wrote:

Hi,

I bought a Moto G30 device 2 days back and now I am so surprised and disappointed that I can' install a Compass in my phone ... It is sad!

I understand. We always recommend checking the specs listed for a model to make sure it will meet your needs before purchasing. If the compass is required for you, then I would recommend returning the phone for a model that will meet your needs.

-Tom

Options

9 Posts

01-10-2021

Italy

23 Signins

195 Page Views

• Message 9 of 9

2021-04-10, 10:08 AM

I'm sorry to bother you again on this topic, but that's the point, people don't check and feel betrayed once they discover that it's missing. 

A person assumes it's there because it's a basic function of any smartphone.

TL;DR they will remember not to buy another Moto Phone again

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms