Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G Phonesmoto g40 fusion
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

07-21-2021

India

3 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 1 of 11

G40 Heating

2021-07-21, 8:12 AM

Hello,

I bought a Moto G40 fusion recently. It was delivered day before. During the setup, the top half of the phone turned really really hot. While the temperatures cooled when the phone was not in use, even downloading an app caused the phone to heat up significantly. (this happens only in the top half of the screen). Using whatsapp or twitter like social media causes the phone to warm up in 5-10 minutes. Last night, I ran a few benchmark tests and also downloaded CPUZ to monitor temperatures.

I ran the 3D mark tests (1 min and 20min ones) to get the temperature ranges. With 3 tries, the range is between 30-32 C (the screen feels warm). Throttle Test (temperatures: 85-93C for the running ones in the initial 8 minutes, then drops to 62-78 C). (The screen is a bit warmer than the 3D Mark tests but not as hot as during the initial set up or while downloading apps).

Tech noob here. I had a Redmi note 4 before this. Never had too much of a heating problem with it for basic use (email, whatsapp, twitter). Haven't come across any posts on G40 heating. The Youtube reviews said there was no heating at all. Not sure how to figure this out.

Answer
Options

3690 Posts

03-04-2016

India

1241 Signins

59485 Page Views

• Views: 59485

Re:G40 Heating

2021-07-23, 14:18 PM

@ PrimusInter wrote:

Hi Harshal,

Thanks for replying. Yes yes. While running benchmarks, the phone will get hot. That is expected. It was just a way to check the temperatures.

So here are a few questions:

1. Is it normal for the top half of the screen to start getting warm in like 5-10 minutes?

2. How do I check if these temperatures are normal or not? (The only things I have are the benchmark + CPU Z , and mental comparison with my old phone and actual comparison with other phones at home - Samsung coolpad Note 3 - my G40 gets warmer while comparing the two for normal usage). (Since the processors are different and G40 is more powerful, moto g40 would get warmer while running the benchmarks right?)

Edit:

Battery temps are in the early 30s itself while running the benchmarks (CPUz again). 25-28 otherwise.

Hi, 

Thank you for updating your profile, Looking at check-in data we don't see any significant temperatures. If you feel that there is an issue with the phone our best advice for this situation is that you submit your device for review and repair at one of our service centers so that the repair engineer could examine your unit and provide a proper resolution. You can check for nearest center here: http://bit.ly/updated_MASC

Regards

Sandip

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Replies(10)
Options

3690 Posts

03-04-2016

India

1241 Signins

59485 Page Views

• Message 2 of 11

2021-07-22, 6:22 AM

@ PrimusInter wrote:

Hello,

I bought a Moto G40 fusion recently. It was delivered day before. During the setup, the top half of the phone turned really really hot. While the temperatures cooled when the phone was not in use, even downloading an app caused the phone to heat up significantly. (this happens only in the top half of the screen). Using whatsapp or twitter like social media causes the phone to warm up in 5-10 minutes. Last night, I ran a few benchmark tests and also downloaded CPUZ to monitor temperatures.

I ran the 3D mark tests (1 min and 20min ones) to get the temperature ranges. With 3 tries, the range is between 30-32 C (the screen feels warm). Throttle Test (temperatures: 85-93C for the running ones in the initial 8 minutes, then drops to 62-78 C). (The screen is a bit warmer than the 3D Mark tests but not as hot as during the initial set up or while downloading apps).

Tech noob here. I had a Redmi note 4 before this. Never had too much of a heating problem with it for basic use (email, whatsapp, twitter). Haven't come across any posts on G40 heating. The Youtube reviews said there was no heating at all. Not sure how to figure this out.

Hi PrimusInter

Welcome Motorola forums, I will try my best to help you with this. Please update your profile with your current phone, carrier, and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems

Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Thanks

Sandip

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

4 Posts

07-21-2021

India

3 Signins

20 Page Views

• Message 3 of 11

2021-07-22, 7:13 AM

Hi Sandeep,

Thank you for your reply. I have updated the phone details. I wasn't able to complete the last part (motorola privacy - I couldn't find it). Would have a guide like the first link? I can update that as well.

Edit:

I found it. Help improve motorola products and Enhanced device support are turned on.

Options

180 Posts

02-19-2016

India

117 Signins

1354 Page Views

• Views: 1354
  • Message 4 of 11

2021-07-22, 7:19 AM

Ignore cpu core temps.

Just look out for battery and phone's display temp sensor if they're above 45°c it's bad.

SoC can handle anywhere near 90-105°c easily.

You shouldn't worry as long as battery temps are below 50-55°c.

And it's an expected result for cpu cores to show higher temps when they're boosting.

Unknown person
Options

4 Posts

07-21-2021

India

3 Signins

20 Page Views

• Message 5 of 11

2021-07-22, 7:35 AM

Hi Harshal,

Thanks for replying. Yes yes. While running benchmarks, the phone will get hot. That is expected. It was just a way to check the temperatures.

1. Is it normal for the top half of the screen to start getting warm in like 5-10 minutes?

2. How do I check if these temperatures are normal or not? (The only things I have are the benchmark + CPU Z , and mental comparison with my old phone and actual comparison with other phones at home - Samsung coolpad Note 3 - my G40 gets warmer while comparing the two for normal usage). (Since the processors are different and G40 is more powerful, moto g40 would get warmer while running the benchmarks right?)

Edit:

Battery temps are in the early 30s itself while running the benchmarks (CPUz again). 25-28 otherwise.

Answer
Options

3690 Posts

03-04-2016

India

1241 Signins

59485 Page Views

• Message 6 of 11

2021-07-23, 14:18 PM

@ PrimusInter wrote:

Hi Harshal,

Edit:

Hi, 

Thank you for updating your profile, Looking at check-in data we don't see any significant temperatures. If you feel that there is an issue with the phone our best advice for this situation is that you submit your device for review and repair at one of our service centers so that the repair engineer could examine your unit and provide a proper resolution. You can check for nearest center here: http://bit.ly/updated_MASC

Regards

Sandip

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

4 Posts

07-21-2021

India

3 Signins

20 Page Views

• Message 7 of 11

2021-07-24, 14:09 PM

Hello Sandip, 

Thank you so much. I'll do that.

Options

3690 Posts

03-04-2016

India

1241 Signins

59485 Page Views

• Message 8 of 11

2021-07-26, 8:59 AM

@ PrimusInter wrote:

Hello Sandip, 

Thank you so much. I'll do that.

Hi PrimusInter,

Thank you, please don't hesitate to reach out to us if you have any further questions/concerns. 

Regards

Sandip

Options

34 Posts

06-11-2021

India

56 Signins

575 Page Views

• Views: 575
  • Message 9 of 11

2021-08-08, 14:50 PM

Guys please answer if you know,

Is it normal while playing call of duty,moto  g40 fusion gets very much heated......

Give solution as well

Options

180 Posts

02-19-2016

India

117 Signins

1354 Page Views

• Views: 1354
  • Message 10 of 11

2021-08-09, 2:59 AM

It's normal.

Don't worry too much. If it gets too much hot it'll shut down.

Unknown person
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms