Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G Phonesmoto g50
All Forum Topics
Options

244 Posts

02-10-2017

Portugal

232 Signins

1212 Page Views

• Views: 1212
  • Message 1 of 351

Google PLay Update system

2021-06-21, 16:18 PM

HI,

Just today i got the G 50 for my wife.

Small issue. There´s an update to bring down the newer version of the play store. Right now is stuck on January. When i press update , it says has a new one. I install the update then the phone restarts. When I check again it shows that i have the january 2021 version.

If i press again, it happens the same, new update, it suddenly restarts to install, yet it´s still stuck and won´t update.

Any ideas of what´s happening? The phone is brand new. 

PS - Just tried to insert on the MFN program with the serial number and it won´t register....

Thank you

Options

6882 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3415 Signins

86241 Page Views

• Views: 86241
  • Message 2 of 351

Re:Google PLay Update system

2021-06-21, 22:19 PM

@ HenriqueM wrote:

HI,

Just today i got the G 50 for my wife.

Small issue. There´s an update to bring down the newer version of the play store. Right now is stuck on January. When i press update , it says has a new one. I install the update then the phone restarts. When I check again it shows that i have the january 2021 version.

If i press again, it happens the same, new update, it suddenly restarts to install, yet it´s still stuck and won´t update.

Any ideas of what´s happening? The phone is brand new. 

PS - Just tried to insert on the MFN program with the serial number and it won´t register....

Thank you

Hello, and thanks for posting. First, the Google Play system update is not managed by us at all. It's 100% managed by Google. We have no control over it. As for the registration, where are you trying to register? If you're trying to register for the MFN, it's done here in the community. The Moto My Stuff Page is for warranty registration only. The MFN piece is done here in the community. You can see the steps here: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/We-need-you-for-the-MFN-Oportunity/m-p/3064626

Thanks,

Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

244 Posts

02-10-2017

Portugal

232 Signins

1212 Page Views

• Message 3 of 351

2021-06-22, 8:33 AM
I know it´s not controled by you, but his is an update that the system receive but it can´t install or complete the instalation process Any idea of could be? For instace my Moto Edge has the june patch on google play sistem, but the G 50, gets the update but won´t install.
Options

6882 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3415 Signins

86241 Page Views

• Message 4 of 351

2021-06-22, 20:21 PM

@ HenriqueM wrote:

I know it´s not controled by you, but his is an update that the system receive but it can´t install or complete the instalation processAny idea of could be? For instace my Moto Edge has the june patch on google play sistem, but the G 50, gets the update but won´t install.

I apologize I totally misread. How many times have you tried? The reason I ask is I've had my Pixel do this before, I had to try a few times for it to actually update. 

Thanks,

Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

244 Posts

02-10-2017

Portugal

232 Signins

1212 Page Views

• Message 5 of 351

2021-06-22, 21:09 PM

Hi Tom,

More than 10 times at least. First it says there is a new update available. I download it , after that the phone asks for a reboot. 

After the reboot it re boots itself after just a few seconds. 

When I check again if it's updated , it remains the same. If I open again it repeats the same process again and again but the update is not installed in the end.

The phone is registered in my settings with the IMEI.

According to my moto edge this update should bring to the last version of June, unlike the current (on the G 50) of January.

Options

6882 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3415 Signins

86241 Page Views

• Message 6 of 351

2021-06-23, 18:54 PM

@ HenriqueM wrote:

Hi Tom,

More than 10 times at least. First it says there is a new update available. I download it , after that the phone asks for a reboot. 

After the reboot it re boots itself after just a few seconds. 

When I check again if it' updated , it remains the same. If I open again it repeats the same process again and again but the update is not installed in the end.

The phone is registered in my settings with the IMEI.

According to my moto edge this update should bring to the last version of June, unlike the current (on the G 50) of January.

Ok, thanks for that info. The next time you try and it reboots with the same version, can you take a bug report and share it with me?

Bug Report steps

1. Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number 7 times on the build number to go into the developer options mode]
2. After the above steps Developer options will be enabled.
3. Go to Settings ->System -> Advanced -> Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On
4. Enable Settings -> System -> Advanced -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
5. Once the issue is reproduced, Go to Settings -> System -> Advanced -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power-down menu.
6. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
7. Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the bug report on the forums in a reply.
8. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the time that you observed the behavior in local time.

Thanks,

Tom

Options

244 Posts

02-10-2017

Portugal

232 Signins

1212 Page Views

• Message 7 of 351

2021-06-29, 11:52 AM

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1L_LSWw17Q3L9xtpMK7_B1Cle59JMhzpt/view?usp=drivesdk

Normal behavior12:52 pm London UTC time

Options

6882 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3415 Signins

86241 Page Views

• Message 8 of 351

2021-06-29, 18:20 PM

@ HenriqueM wrote:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1L_LSWw17Q3L9xtpMK7_B1Cle59JMhzpt/view?usp=drivesdk

Normal behavior12:52 pm London UTC time

Thank you for the bug report. I'm going to get this over to be analyzed by some people on my end. I'll let you know what I find out. 

Thanks,

Tom

Options

244 Posts

02-10-2017

Portugal

232 Signins

1212 Page Views

• Message 9 of 351

2021-07-10, 18:08 PM
Hi Tom, any news? It has been a while since you said anything about this subject. Thanks
Options

38 Posts

07-11-2021

Switzerland

37 Signins

135 Page Views

• Views: 135
  • Message 10 of 351

2021-07-11, 14:15 PM

Hello, i have exact the same problem with my Motorola G50..

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms