Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G Phonesmoto g50
All Forum Topics
Options

84 Posts

08-21-2021

Germany

41 Signins

535 Page Views

• Views: 535
  • Message 291 of 351

Re:Google PLay Update system

2021-09-09, 18:53 PM

To Steve

Do you still have all apps? Or are many disabled? I mean, I tried it again after a factoy reset right and still nothing was fixed. Dont know if the Motorola Update changes anything.

And yeah, I dont worry about the date increase. Sometimes a patch doesnt have to increase any date. But its highly irritating if its installing in 0,2 seconds or even less with no system-restart. Especially if every other update before needed at least a few seconds to install, and the system made a restart after that.

If you install the patch, it doesnt feel right. Its quick, but thats the worrying part. It feels like it not actually installed itself, despite saying that it did. Like a decoy - a fake.

Options

245 Posts

02-10-2017

Portugal

234 Signins

1217 Page Views

• Views: 1217
  • Message 292 of 351

2021-09-09, 19:06 PM
I don't know about you but most apps are disabled. I looked up for new updates and none, it's update as Google play store, latest version. Guess I was lucky.
Options

65 Posts

08-14-2021

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

37 Signins

325 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 325
  • Message 293 of 351

2021-09-09, 19:12 PM

To Hykova,

I have only these apps disabled now:

Digital wellbeing

Google 1

Google Movies and tv

Google Services for AR

Interactive wallpapers

Moto Gametime

Youtube Music

You are correct - the update may still keep the same date as before (read this on Android Central webpage).

I don't believe the 15MB update is fake - it could be updating policies for Google apps rather than making system changes. It is too complicated to know. That's why the MotoAgent has no clue!

Are you on build RRFS.Q1-59-76-2?

I am also wondering that - if you do a factory reset - you need to allow the Motorola updates to take place before the Play store updates and the Play system updates? Perhaps, if not done in right order, you get rollback? I have not done factory reset, so that is why I have no rollback?

EDIT

I have disabled "Smart updates" - not sure if this also plays a part.

Also uninstalled facebook app. This is the only app i have uninstalled.

Steve.

Options

84 Posts

08-21-2021

Germany

41 Signins

535 Page Views

• Message 294 of 351

2021-09-09, 19:20 PM

To Steve

Okay, so it works for you with less deactivated apps. Hrm.

I think the 15mb is fake. I do. After a factory reset, you are only offered the 10kb Play Store System Update and the 15mb Play Store System update. The >20mb patches before that, which took their time to install, and which needed a reboot, they disappeared. Thats why its a decoy for me. So this 15mb update is replacing two 20mb patches, 15mb installs in 0,2 seconds with no reboot, the two 20mb patches installs in some seconds with reboot. All three of the patches are rolling back (for me) if I dont disable the apps from my workaround.

Yes, I'm on RRFS31.Q1-59-76-2 now. But I did the factory reset when the 15mb patch was available and when here was stated the bug is fixxed, but BEFORE the Motorola Build update. So I dont know if the build update helps with the problem, I guess not, but its possible. 

BUT ... If I would test it again, i mean, by factory resetting my phone again, and it still not works, I would again need 3-4 hours to setup my phone. Apps, Nova Launcher, Settings, Updates ... I dont want to do this anymore. X.x I want to use my smartphone as a smartphone. I just wish I could solve the puzzle around this faulty updates ...

EDIT: Intelligent updates, both on and off, didnt changed anything for me, so I think it doesnt plays a role in that.

Options

245 Posts

02-10-2017

Portugal

234 Signins

1217 Page Views

• Message 295 of 351

2021-09-09, 19:24 PM
Your phone was fine , don't know why you did so many hard resets. Like the old saying...if ain't broken....don't fix it. Mike is working fine. Last time I had those tiny updates caused me rollback and to do another hard reset.
Options

84 Posts

08-21-2021

Germany

41 Signins

535 Page Views

• Message 296 of 351

2021-09-09, 19:28 PM

Henrique, you simply dont understand why I do this! Its a puzzle! I wanna solve it! I wanna see it solved! Also, every time a security patch is not installed in the proper way, there is still some risk left. Just because it says its installed, just because it doesnt rollback after you did many crazy things - It doesnt mean it is installed properly. Maybe you just found a way to break the system and thats it.

And especially the security part of a phone is something, that should work properly - at all times. 

Options

245 Posts

02-10-2017

Portugal

234 Signins

1217 Page Views

• Message 297 of 351

2021-09-09, 19:32 PM
Agreed, that why I open this thread. But I simply want this solved. I don't care about the reasons, I leave that to Motorola support team (which is doing nothing) Yes security is important. It's strange that now your phone is rolling back since mine, Steve and mine is working fine. Why shouldn't yours too?
Options

65 Posts

08-14-2021

37 Signins

325 Page Views

• Message 298 of 351

2021-09-09, 19:49 PM

To Hykova,

I have tried to understand how the Play system updates work and it is too complicated - but I think the system is "smart" enough to only offer you the updates you need. Some of the fixes may be addressed by the Motorola updates and app updates and maybe that is why the 20MB patches are not needed...

I am not sure all the factory resets are helping you - who knows what this does to the phone storage - it may not erase everything properly and then cause problems. I would not do any more if i were you.

I would turn off intelligent updates if I did a factory reset and let the build get to the latest version before manually checking for Play system / Play store updates - is that what you did?

Let's see if the next Play system update causes a rollback. Try and enjoy your phone for a while and not worry about fixes.

Options

65 Posts

08-14-2021

37 Signins

325 Page Views

• Message 299 of 351

2021-09-09, 20:45 PM

@ Hykova wrote:

Henrique, you simply dont understand why I do this! Its a puzzle! I wanna solve it! I wanna see it solved! Also, every time a security patch is not installed in the proper way, there is still some risk left. Just because it says its installed, just because it doesnt rollback after you did many crazy things - It doesnt mean it is installed properly. Maybe you just found a way to break the system and thats it.

And especially the security part of a phone is something, that should work properly - at all times. 

I am also driven to solve this puzzle! However, we have tried so many things and only - thanks to you - found a workaround.

I build my own PC's and generally they have run with no big problems for many years (though Windows 10 has caused me many problems!) - yet I am unable to solve this problem, because it is not possible for you and I to do so. The systems are too complicated for "amateurs".

Windows 10 causes many problems because it tries to be too clever and do too much. Google has done the same with Android. Look at the other Motorola forums and see the crazy problems others are having - it can't all be due to faulty devices!

The solution has to come from Motorola / Google. Again, i remind everyone that Sony had the same problem and it was fixed - so it is possible!

I am not giving up on this. Just can't do anything more than report what happens to my phone at the moment.

No computer / phone is totally secure. We have to accept that. Sorry, Hykova, but where is your proof that the updates have not installed properly? How do you know that your workaround means the updates DON'T install correctly? I am not being unkind to you - just wondering why you think that way.

Steve.

Options

84 Posts

08-21-2021

Germany

41 Signins

535 Page Views

• Message 300 of 351

2021-09-09, 20:52 PM

Henrigue

It IS working - If I use my method that works for me. I reset to test if it works without my workaround - And it doesn't. Thats the main purpose of my resets - To see if its fixed, if its working without my workaround for me. And its not fixxed.

To Steve,

I disagree with your update theory. If that would be true, I would understand if the Play System Updates are different AFTER the Motorola update. But they were different BEFORE that. If there is a smart logic behind that, it would act differently. 

The factory resets should not cause any harm - It installs a pre-defined backup, which only changes if you install a Motorola Update. I dont think the storage will take any damage, it has to handle a lot of writing and reading each day. Recording 1-2 videos a day has an equal impact on that, taking many photos too. The phone should not be damaged by that in any circumstance. You cant be sure, of course, but it would be very strange.

Regarding what I did: First, I factory resetted to see if its true, that it is fixxed. Then, I behaved completely normal. Setting up my phone, let the apps update, then checking for security updates - Nothing from my workaround was used. And in that way, its still broken. Using my workaround, it works again, like before. Intelligent updates are off, mainly because I dont want the smartphone to update automatically, which could cause rollbacks. Its off until the problem is fixxed.

But I really should enjoy my phone. I've set up the Nova launcher, and I have now a very amazing pastel design for my phone ... ... If anyone wants to see it ... :D

EDIT:

Steve, I have to revert your question: What makes you think the way we force this updates to work makes them working properly? We interrupt the rollback process. The rollback is intended to prevent the phone from faulty updates. We interrupt this. How can we sure, that by interrupting the process, it works properly? 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms