Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G Phonesmoto g50
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

07-05-2021

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

2 Signins

15 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 15
  • Message 1 of 3

Moving my stuff from G7 Power to my new G50, but with only one SIM card

2021-07-05, 14:50 PM

Hi,

I've just bought a new G50 and will want to transfer all my stuff over from my old G7. I'll be moving my Three SIM card from the old phone to the new. Does that present any complications or can I just get the new one up and running without Sim and move the Sim over later?

The main app I need to move is Google Authenticator, so it's kind of important I get things right!

Thanks in advance for any advice,

PETE

Options

243 Posts

02-10-2017

Portugal

231 Signins

1202 Page Views

• Views: 1202
  • Message 2 of 3

Re:Moving my stuff from G7 Power to my new G50, but with only one SIM card

2021-07-21, 8:10 AM

HI,

The phone as any other android smartphone works without SIM card. Yes you can use it with no sim card to move your stuff. Just perfom a backup on your moto g7 power.

You can only use eiter two sim cards or a sim and micro sd. You can´t use 3 at the same time like on the moto g7 power

Options

6690 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3406 Signins

85236 Page Views

• Views: 85236
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:Moving my stuff from G7 Power to my new G50, but with only one SIM card

2021-07-21, 21:33 PM

@ PeteFromBristol wrote:

Hi,

I've just bought a new G50 and will want to transfer all my stuff over from my old G7. I'll be moving my Three SIM card from the old phone to the new. Does that present any complications or can I just get the new one up and running without Sim and move the Sim over later?

The main app I need to move is Google Authenticator, so it's kind of important I get things right!

Thanks in advance for any advice,

PETE

Hi Pete. @HenriqueM has provided some good info. As for Google Authenticator. On your new phone make sure you are logged in with the same Google account and then open the Authenticator app. At the bottom, of the Authenticator app you should see "Import existing accounts?". Tap on that and It will walk you through how to migrate everything for the Authenticator over to the new phone.

I hope that helps and let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Thanks,

Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)