Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G Phonesmoto g60
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

07-20-2021

India

7 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 1 of 8

Unable to download ers

2021-07-20, 16:17 PM

I m unable to download ers from irctc app

Options

3071 Posts

03-04-2016

India

1202 Signins

54125 Page Views

• Views: 54125
  • Message 2 of 8

Re:Unable to download ers

2021-07-21, 6:46 AM

@ vkg1968 wrote:

I m unable to download ers from irctc app

Hi vkg1968 ,

Welcome to Motorola forums, I will be glad to help you with this. Can you let us know what happens when you try to download from playstore does it show any error? How about other apps are you able to install? Also, try to clear the cache and data for the Play store app and reboot the device to see if that helps. 

Regards

Sandip

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

4 Posts

07-20-2021

India

7 Signins

25 Page Views

• Message 3 of 8

2021-07-22, 5:03 AM

I booked ticket from irctc app but while downloading ticket ERS msg shown as in attachment.

Options

6004 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3358 Signins

81031 Page Views

• Views: 81031
  • Message 4 of 8

2021-07-22, 20:39 PM

@ vkg1968 wrote:

I booked ticket from irctc app but while downloading ticket ERS msg shown as in attachment.

I'm sorry you're having issues. First, did you mean to attach a screenshot as I don't see anything attached to your reply. If so, can you try again so we can see the message you're getting? Also, have you reported the issue to the app developer?

Thanks,

Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

4 Posts

07-20-2021

India

7 Signins

25 Page Views

• Message 5 of 8

2021-07-23, 1:34 AM

Please find attachment

Screenshot_20210721-093509.jpg
Options

6004 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3358 Signins

81031 Page Views

• Message 6 of 8

2021-07-23, 18:56 PM

@ vkg1968 wrote:

Please find attachment

Thanks, it looks to me that the app is attempting to write a file in a location that doesn't exist. This would be something the app developer would have to fix. You can try to manually create the E.R.S. folder using a file manager to see if it works after that. You can also check the permissions for the app to make sure it has the File and media permission allowed. 

Give it a try and let me know. Let me know if you need help.

Thanks,

Tom

Options

4 Posts

07-20-2021

India

7 Signins

25 Page Views

• Message 7 of 8

2021-07-25, 10:23 AM

I create ERS folder manually and give all the permission for irctc app. But nothing happened. I also complained with the developer but they said that the problem is with your handset. Before this phone I am using redmi note 4 but this type of error happened with irctc app. 

Screenshot_20210725-134751.jpg Screenshot_20210725-134743.jpg
Options

6004 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3358 Signins

81031 Page Views

• Message 8 of 8

2021-07-26, 20:00 PM

@ vkg1968 wrote:

I create ERS folder manually and give all the permission for irctc app. But nothing happened. I also complained with the developer but they said that the problem is with your handset. Before this phone I am using redmi note 4 but this type of error happened with irctc app. 

Thanks for trying. Are you saying that the app works fine on your Redmi note 4 or that you encounter the same error on the Note 4? If so, it might be that the Note 4 only had Android 9. After Android 10 apps had to utilize some new APIs to access internal storage. If that's the case then it's likely that the app developer would have to fix this. That being said, I do see a lot of complaints on the Play Store for errors with this app on the latest update. If you want to generate a bug report and share it with me, I can have someone from our end look as well to help determine if this is a phone or an app issue. Below are the steps to generate a report.

1. Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number 7 times on the build number to go into the developer options mode]
2. After the above steps Developer options will be enabled.
3. Go to Settings ->System -> Advanced -> Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On
4. Enable Settings -> System -> Advanced -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
5. Once the issue is reproduced, Go to Settings -> System -> Advanced -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power-down menu.
6. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
7. Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the bug report on the forums in a reply.
8. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the time that you observed the behavior in local time.

Thanks,

Tom

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms