US

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 1 of 4

1 day old Moto g7 not turning claiming it has no bootable A/B slot

2020-08-01, 13:44 PM

Exact message on the phone

Bootloader logs (in white text)

Start Up Failed:

Your device didn't start up successfully

Use the software repair assistant or computer

To repair your device

Connect your device to your computer to get

The Software Repair Assistant 

AP Fastbott Flash mode (Secure)

No bootable A/B slot

Failed to boot Linux-falling back to Fastboot (Everything else above was in red text.

Fastboot reason: Fall-through from normal boot mode (in yellow)

I have tried the things in red tet it messages it seems neither are able to be used by my phone. I also have gone through all the options on a fast start screen using the down arrow all come up with the A/B slot issue. It would be a shame to have to send back this phone I just purchased please help me find a way to fix this issue. Thank you for hearing me out.

Options

16 Posts

06-15-2019

US

25 Signins

199 Page Views

• Views: 199
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:1 day old Moto g7 not turning claiming it has no bootable A/B slot

2020-08-01, 14:55 PM
Take it as a sign, return your product while you can. Support drags on for a long time with just calming we love you and we are sorry. Pls go elsewhere.
Options

9791 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1077 Signins

144748 Page Views

• Views: 144748
  • Message 3 of 4

2020-08-03, 12:08 PM

Hi Alex A,

I'm sorry to know about that. This should not happen. I will quickly run through this with you. You can try using LMSA tool to flash the phone.

Here are the links:

How to use LMSA - link

Download LMSA  - link

I hope that helps. Please let me know, I will be waiting for response. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

110 Posts

12-22-2017

US

88 Signins

896 Page Views

• Views: 896
  • Message 4 of 4

2020-08-06, 7:21 AM

I was gonna say that to. I hope he tried it and it works

John caron
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete