Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G Phonesmoto g7 play / moto g7 / moto g7 power / moto g7 plus
All Forum Topics
Options

6 Posts

02-18-2020

United States of America

13 Signins

50 Page Views

• Views: 50
  • Message 1 of 6

All incoming calls go straight to Voicemail

2021-03-04, 12:52 PM

I have a Moto G7 Plus running Android 10. Incoming calls go straight to voicemail. When the call comes in I can see the tiny phone indicator pop up in the top row of my home screen, but the phone doesn't ring. My voicemail works and I get the messages. Do not disturb is off, I turned off Bluetooth, the caller is not blocked, notifications are on, I get text messages, phone app up to date, forward to voicemail is off, pulled out sim and restarted. Can't figure it out. Can anyone help?

UPDATE: This only happens on my wife's phone, all other calls come through. She is not on my blocked calls list. I deleted her contacts to try and resolve the problem. Hid her number from call recognition too... still just goes to voicemail. Spent 2 and half hours with my service provider and still can't figure it out. They have escalated and it might take 5 days to address the issue. Very weird. Let me know if you have any ideas.

Thanks

Options

2430 Posts

03-04-2016

India

1128 Signins

46700 Page Views

• Views: 46700
  • Message 2 of 6

Re:All incoming calls go straight to Voicemail

2021-03-05, 3:55 AM

@ Hipnosis wrote:

I have a Moto G7 Plus running Android 10. Incoming calls go straight to voicemail. When the call comes in I can see the tiny phone indicator pop up in the top row of my home screen, but the phone doesn' ring. My voicemail works and I get the messages. Do not disturb is off, I turned off Bluetooth, the caller is not blocked, notifications are on, I get text messages, phone app up to date, forward to voicemail is off, pulled out sim and restarted. Can' figure it out. Can anyone help?

UPDATE: This only happens on my wife' phone, all other calls come through. She is not on my blocked calls list. I deleted her contacts to try and resolve the problem. Hid her number from call recognition too... still just goes to voicemail. Spent 2 and half hours with my service provider and still can' figure it out. They have escalated and it might take 5 days to address the issue. Very weird. Let me know if you have any ideas.

Thanks

Hi, 

Thank you for reaching out and sorry to know about the issue,  Can you please try to Reset app preferences (Settings > Apps & notifications > See all apps > Menu (3 dots on the top right) > Reset app preferences > Reset apps) if that doesn't work please test the device in Safe Mode and let me know if it behaves the same? Safe Mode will start the device without third-party applications running. To boot into Safe Mode, press the physical power key, touch and hold Power off, touch OK when Reboot to Safe Mode appears. Restart the device to get out of Safe Mode. 

Regards

Sandip

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

6 Posts

02-18-2020

United States of America

13 Signins

50 Page Views

• Views: 50
  • Message 3 of 6

2021-03-05, 13:45 PM

Hi Sandip: Thanks for the reply, but the problem has now been resolved. I got an update from Motorola on my phone this morning, and after the update it seems to be working fine. I can now get calls from my wife. It sure was a head scratcher. Nice to know you are out there to help. All the best.

John

Options

40 Posts

09-04-2020

United States of America

43 Signins

190 Page Views

• Views: 190
  • Message 4 of 6

2021-03-05, 21:33 PM

Which update from motorola?

Do they sent updates outside of Android security builds?  I've never seen any on my G7 power

Options

40 Posts

09-04-2020

United States of America

43 Signins

190 Page Views

• Views: 190
  • Message 5 of 6

2021-03-10, 5:09 AM

Nobody knows anything about Motorola OTA updates?  Can anybody share anything about the type of updates that may be sent or offered ?

Options

13030 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1251 Signins

170305 Page Views

• Views: 170305
  • Message 6 of 6

2021-03-10, 14:01 PM

Hi davexnet

He has a G7 Plus and you have a G7 Power, roll out for each are different. I can check though if you are on the latest software build or not. Just update your profile with your phone, IMEI and carrier. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Click the thumbs up button to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)