Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G Phonesmoto g7 play / moto g7 / moto g7 power / moto g7 plus
All Forum Topics
Options

7 Posts

01-17-2021

Sweden

10 Signins

45 Page Views

• Views: 45
  • Message 1 of 8

Android 10 update performance issue, memory issue? Android using 800MB itself. Pokemon, SMS slow

2021-01-17, 23:54 PM

I use Moto G7 play to play Pokemon Go. I don't have much else installed on the phone. After Android 10 update the gameplay is really bad with performance, lag. 

I saw some other general issues when searching where fix was to disable battery saving/adaptive battery, but they are already turned off so not my issue. I have tried to uninstall as much as possible. It seems to be 2GB limit which is the issue here? I see that I am quite close (around 1.8 to 1.9 usage) to 2GB usage with these on top:
OS Android : 487MB
Pokemon Go: 460MB
Android-system: 320MB
User interface: 73MB
Google Play services: 52MB
... (less)

I think Android 10 upgrade made the system consume too much with 487+320MB only for Android.

Can I downgrade the system to Android 9 instead? How is that done? 

Is there other known issue with Android 10? 

It is not only Pokemon go which is slow. Only bringing up the keyboard to write or read simple sms is very slow as well. 

Will you release a more slimmed Android 10 update to avoid memory consumption? 

Options

2975 Posts

04-04-2018

India

396 Signins

27540 Page Views

• Views: 27540
  • Message 2 of 8

Re:Android 10 update performance issue, memory issue? Android using 800MB itself. Pokemon, SMS slow

2021-01-18, 10:46 AM

@ r4v3n6 wrote:

I use Moto G7 play to play Pokemon Go. I don' have much else installed on the phone. After Android 10 update the gameplay is really bad with performance, lag. 

I saw some other general issues when searching where fix was to disable battery saving/adaptive battery, but they are already turned off so not my issue. I have tried to uninstall as much as possible. It seems to be 2GB limit which is the issue here? I see that I am quite close (around 1.8 to 1.9 usage) to 2GB usage with these on top:
OS Android : 487MB
Pokemon Go: 460MB
Android-system: 320MB
User interface: 73MB
Google Play services: 52MB
... (less)

I think Android 10 upgrade made the system consume too much with 487+320MB only for Android.

Can I downgrade the system to Android 9 instead? How is that done? 

Is there other known issue with Android 10? 

It is not only Pokemon go which is slow. Only bringing up the keyboard to write or read simple sms is very slow as well. 

Will you release a more slimmed Android 10 update to avoid memory consumption? 

Hi,

Sorry to know about your concern and thanks for writing to us!  I understand you are facing latency and as you mentioned it started after the update.

I would like to inform you that it depends on a lot of factors such as — network issues, app glitches, check if you have enough storage on your device, try to remove background apps, and make sure the app is updated on the Play Store. Let us know if you see improvements. 

Meanwhile, let us test with our devices, I will be waiting for your response.

Regards,

Suman

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

7 Posts

01-17-2021

Sweden

10 Signins

45 Page Views

• Message 3 of 8

Re:Android 10 update performance issue, memory issue? Android using 800MB itself. Pokemon, SMS slow

2021-01-19, 1:18 AM

Thanks. I did remove some apps and there are mainly system applications (moto, keyboard etc) apart from the ones I listed in top list. 

I did receive also the later system update today so no I have december 2020 version. (QPYS30.52-22-8-7)

Perhaps some of these can be turned off or tweaked also somehow to not launch automatically on reboot? Small each of them, but many together they are quite large. I don't need to use them what I know of. 

User interface (65MB)

Moto App Launcher (64MB)

Motorola face lock (50MB)

Motorola program update (24MB)

Motorola-services - main page (12MB)

Device Care (12MB)

Moto Widget (12MB)

Moto view (10MB)

Moto motion and gestures (10MB)

Settings for dual sim cards (9.2MB, only using 1 sim card right now)

All gestures and view are turned off in Moto App. 

Thanks

Options

2458 Posts

03-04-2016

India

1134 Signins

47220 Page Views

• Views: 47220
  • Message 4 of 8

2021-01-20, 4:31 AM

@ r4v3n6 wrote:

Thanks. I did remove some apps and there are mainly system applications (moto, keyboard etc) apart from the ones I listed in top list. 

I did receive also the later system update today so no I have december 2020 version. (QPYS30.52-22-8-7)

Perhaps some of these can be turned off or tweaked also somehow to not launch automatically on reboot? Small each of them, but many together they are quite large. I don' need to use them what I know of. 

User interface (65MB)

Moto App Launcher (64MB)

Motorola face lock (50MB)

Motorola program update (24MB)

Motorola-services - main page (12MB)

Device Care (12MB)

Moto Widget (12MB)

Moto view (10MB)

Moto motion and gestures (10MB)

Settings for dual sim cards (9.2MB, only using 1 sim card right now)

All gestures and view are turned off in Moto App. 

Thanks

Hi,

Can you please share with us the screenshots of the device help app before the Reboot and after the Reboot? 

Regards

Sandip

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

7 Posts

01-17-2021

Sweden

10 Signins

45 Page Views

• Message 5 of 8

2021-01-25, 9:12 AM

After receiving the later update (december 2020 update was received OTA) it seems better with a bit less memory used, although some app lags/freezes still appears and switching between basic systems apps (phone, sms) and pokemon go, makes it close so new start is done which takes some 30 seconds. Also keyboard in apps can take more than 10 seconds to appear. 

Can I disable/turn off Moto App launcher and Moto face lock? They seem to consume too much memory still.

Device Help before reboot:

moto g(7) play, IMEI1 + IMEI2 details.

66% (20.97GB)

Used RAM: 1.11GB of 1.92GB

Device Help after reboot and killing all open apps (there was still same set of open apps after reboot):

65% (20.83GB)

Used RAM: 0.95GB of 1.92GB

Android developer options show this in average memory usage:

Operating system Android: 563MB

Android-system: 165MB

Google-play services: 90MB

user interface: 87MB

Google: 85MB

Moto app launcher: 73MB

Moto face lock: 55MB

Gboard: 26MB

Phone-/message. : 24MB

Android services library: 16MB

Motorola programupdate: 16MB

Carrier service: 14MB

Motorola slpc-system: 13MB

Device care: 12MB

Moto widget: 12MB

CACertapp: 11MB

Bluetooth: 10MB

Moto show/view?: 10MB

double sim setting: 9.5MB

Moto gestures: 9.4MB...

(smaller)

Options

2458 Posts

03-04-2016

India

1134 Signins

47220 Page Views

• Views: 47220
  • Message 6 of 8

2021-01-27, 6:27 AM

@ r4v3n6 wrote:

After receiving the later update (december 2020 update was received OTA) it seems better with a bit less memory used, although some app lags/freezes still appears and switching between basic systems apps (phone, sms) and pokemon go, makes it close so new start is done which takes some 30 seconds. Also keyboard in apps can take more than 10 seconds to appear. 

Can I disable/turn off Moto App launcher and Moto face lock? They seem to consume too much memory still.

Device Help before reboot:

66% (20.97GB)

Used RAM: 1.11GB of 1.92GB

Device Help after reboot and killing all open apps (there was still same set of open apps after reboot):

65% (20.83GB)

Used RAM: 0.95GB of 1.92GB

Android developer options show this in average memory usage:

Operating system Android: 563MB

Android-system: 165MB

Google-play services: 90MB

user interface: 87MB

Google: 85MB

Moto app launcher: 73MB

Moto face lock: 55MB

Gboard: 26MB

Phone-/message. : 24MB

Android services library: 16MB

Motorola programupdate: 16MB

Carrier service: 14MB

Motorola slpc-system: 13MB

Device care: 12MB

Moto widget: 12MB

CACertapp: 11MB

Bluetooth: 10MB

Moto show/view?: 10MB

double sim setting: 9.5MB

Moto gestures: 9.4MB...

(smaller)

Hi,

Can you please try to test the stock app's performance in safe mode. Safe Mode will start the device without third-party applications running. To boot into Safe Mode, press the physical power key, touch and hold Power off, touch OK when Reboot to Safe Mode appears. Restart the device to get out of Safe Mode. If the issue doesn't persist, then recommend backing up data and perform a Factory Data Reset.

Regards

Sandip

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!

Options

7 Posts

01-17-2021

Sweden

10 Signins

45 Page Views

• Message 7 of 8

2021-03-08, 0:35 AM
Thanks, but when in Safe mode, Pokemon and other applications cannot start (they are greyed out) so not able to verify if issue or not.
Options

13097 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1257 Signins

170830 Page Views

• Views: 170830
  • Message 8 of 8

2021-03-08, 14:28 PM

Hi r4v3n6

The RAM of G7 Play is only 2GB, if the app is using up 1.8-1.9 GB it will likely cause lags and freezing while playing. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Click the thumbs up button to thank them with a Kudo!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms