07-31-2019

ES

7 Signins

153 Page Views

• Views: 153
  • Message 1 of 45

Battery and new update | Moto G7 Power

2020-05-15, 11:02 AM

G7 Power user here, after the recent security update my phone doesn't last more than a day without use, also i went to do a backup and its already taken 20+mins and is only halfway through(now in safe mode), what's the problem moto? still stuck on the letter a of data,so broken

My phone used to last 3-4 days no problems now it seems absolutely broken.....help

Options

9843 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1079 Signins

145173 Page Views

• Views: 145173
  • Message 2 of 45

Re:Battery and new update | Moto G7 Power

2020-05-15, 14:15 PM

Hi Hugis,

I appreciate the screenshot, I'd like to help. Can you please elaborate what you meant with stuck on the letter a of data

As for your battery, can you please update your profile with the current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > System > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

See here for the instruction. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

1 Posts

05-15-2020

US

3 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 3 of 45

2020-05-15, 14:38 PM

After this new update my battery and my girlfriends battery drains just sitting on standby we both have g7 supra from cricket. Battery wont even last a day use to last a week for me at least.  

Options

1 Posts

05-16-2020

FR

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 4 of 45

2020-05-16, 8:13 AM

I have a similar situation here, with a huge drop in battery endurance (from 5-6 days to about 1 day without significant use)

Options

8 Posts

08-05-2018

GB

11 Signins

107 Page Views

• Views: 107
  • Message 5 of 45

Battery draining rapidly .... only lasting a a few hours

2020-05-16, 17:58 PM

Phone is Moto G7 Power; Android 9 model XT1955-4

Has had exceptionally good battery use time ..... not even charging every day. I have really loved it and bought my son one, too. 

BUT....

Since an update 2-3 days ago, it always feels hot and the battery drains rapidly .... eg fully charged this morning, very little used ... 30 mins in the morning on mail and facebook. Very hot. Checked after 3 hrs around 45% charge left. I had not used it . Then wifi and sim disconnected and left in airplane mode with battery save on.  Left unused for another three hours and returning I found charge at only 7% three hours later.... again ... very hot.

Constantly feels hot!

Battery usage checked .... nothing odd (yesterday).... apart from MotoApp Launcher the highest usage ... 14%.  Checked today ... Facebook highest .... 39 mins and 15% used. Seems high ....  nothing suspicious that I can see....

I'd really appreciate some help .... I'm back on my old phone now as I don't trust this .... either for being usable when I need it or for risk of fire. Happy for it be be remotely looked at.

Options

8 Posts

08-05-2018

GB

11 Signins

107 Page Views

• Views: 107
  • Message 6 of 45

Re:Battery draining rapidly .... only lasting a a few hours

2020-05-17, 19:28 PM

Update: this improved after I left it until the battery was completely drained .... since I restarted it the next day,  it hasn't got hot and has maintained a good charge.

Options

5 Posts

05-17-2020

US

7 Signins

55 Page Views

• Views: 55
  • Message 7 of 45

2020-05-17, 21:12 PM

Hello Motorola,

Yes my Moto G7 power battery has been draining rapidly ever since the update as well. It is also very erratic in its rate of decrease. Overall, it lasts about a day or less. I tried rebooting and powering to 100% to re-calibrate the battery to no improvement (normally I charge to 80% life the experts say).

Motorola, is there going to be a fix for this?

P.S. The battery seems to drain just as fast with the screen off (i.e. standby mode) as it does with screen on (e.g. for web surfing). But the phone is not hot.

Options

5 Posts

05-18-2020

GB

8 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 8 of 45

2020-05-18, 10:08 AM

Same issue here. Only thing to add is that problem seems to disappear after a reboot but will suddenly start draining the battery again after a while - somethimes several hours. The usage graph shows the battery drain going off a cliff!

Very frustrating and need a fix quickly please!

Options

9843 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1079 Signins

145173 Page Views

• Message 9 of 45

Re:Battery draining rapidly .... only lasting a a few hours

2020-05-18, 14:03 PM

Hi CdeC,

Thanks for reporting and sharing what works for you. In additional to this, let's keep all apps on its latest update in the Play Store. Also, try calibrating the battery. Here's the link for more info. Those things will help battery perform better.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

9843 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1079 Signins

145173 Page Views

• Message 10 of 45

2020-05-18, 16:46 PM

Hi Kalzor, matag, keeens, wozzat,

I appreciate all your reports. I would not say it's due to the update. Let me help you with the troubleshooting steps we can try. First, please update your forums profile with the details I'm asking on my previous reply.

Here are the things we can try: 

1. Make sure all apps are up to date in Play Store. 

2. Try observing this in safe mode at least for couple of hours or until you've seen improvements. 

To Enable Safe Mode
1. Press and hold the Power button until Power off comes up on the screen.
2. Touch and HOLD Power off on the screen until reboot to safe mode appears.
Just turn off and on the phone to boot back to normal mode.

Third-party apps are disabled but you can still use built-in apps

And lastly, try calibrating the battery. Here's the steps.

Please let me know how it goes. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete